Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo

Invasive redirects (Android)

Is anyone else getting really annoying redirects to suspicious looking prize giveaway websites?

I had it on my last phone but just assumed it had malware on it that hadn't been picked up on. But I have a brand new phone and it's still happening - have run Malware Bytes but no viruses found

The redirects happen while a page is loading, then continuously redirect to other spam pages, so if you press Back it just takes you to another spam page, forcing you to close the tab or browser

Using Firefox for Android

I've the same problem using Chrome on my HTC 10. Though it only happens occasionally, it's still worrying and more than a little annoying. I find myself not just having to close the browser, but restarting the phone completely to break the cycle. Sadly, similarly to yourself, no viruses seem to be being detected either.

I'm getting fairly regular Tesco prize stuff both on a Samsung tablet and phone using chrome, not 100% certain but just seems to be when on foxestalk.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived