Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Carl the Llama

Nintendo 3DS

Searched for a topic for this but couldn't find one.  Any users/fans of the system on here?

I just received mine this morning (needed to satisfy those Pokemon cravings) and I'm finding the 3D on the menu screen a bit weird so far.

I had a 3DS when it first came out. The 3D novelty soon wears off. If anything it gets annoying and you will just turn it off. My daughter has a 2DS now but never plays it so i go on it now and again when a game comes out that i want to play. Normally a Zelda game or Pokemon game. 

If you want a great game to pass the time i cant stress enough about getting Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney. I downloaded it on Ipad years ago after a recommendation and its brilliant. I told my daughter about it last week (She is 9 yrs old) and she didn't seem too excited about being an Attorney but after the first case she is hooked. She wants me to play it with her and she has actually been quite good in trying to work out how to solve the murders.

Would love to talk about it with others on FT. 

1 hour ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

There was definitely a thread but it's been buried.

Theres loads of different models available, do you have a original 3DS, an XL or a "New" version of the two?

EDIT: Here it is

I usually find its better to just use google than the FT search bar

Good find, hopefully a mod will be kind enough to merge my unwarranted abomination with it.  Since I got it new just now and the price is pretty low as far as consoles are concerned I went for the new XL with its promise of improved 3D and whatnot.  Been playing Pokemon Y for about an hour now and it's not overemphasising the 3D so far tbh, mainly it gets used for battles but I'm yet to feel a migraine or anything from looking at it so that's good I guess.  I like how you now get battle experience for catching a poke.

47 minutes ago, kingcarr21 said:

I had a 3DS when it first came out. The 3D novelty soon wears off. If anything it gets annoying and you will just turn it off. My daughter has a 2DS now but never plays it so i go on it now and again when a game comes out that i want to play. Normally a Zelda game or Pokemon game. 

If you want a great game to pass the time i cant stress enough about getting Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney. I downloaded it on Ipad years ago after a recommendation and its brilliant. I told my daughter about it last week (She is 9 yrs old) and she didn't seem too excited about being an Attorney but after the first case she is hooked. She wants me to play it with her and she has actually been quite good in trying to work out how to solve the murders.

Would love to talk about it with others on FT. 

Great shout, loved Ace Attourney - can't remember too much about it now since it was so long ago but I have a distinct memory of finding it both intriguing and barmy.

• 2 months later...

My sons both got new 2DS's for Christmas and they've been playing Pokemon Sun and Moon almost non stop since. But one of them also got a game called "Nintendo Pocket Football Club" which is a very twee nintendo-esque take on Football Manager. And it's really good. It's very simple but the games are end to end and you really get drawn into it.

Been playing at night after the kids have gone to bed!

Pokémon Moon's taking up all the gaming time I have right now which is a shame because I was really getting into my elder scrolls online campaign and at this rate I'll have completely forgotten what I was doing with it by the time I jump back in!

Archived