Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
VinceNoir

Nintendo Switch

3 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

That's also all I needed to know. Zelda is my all time fave game series and that new trailer looks seriously good. March 3rd isn't far away at all. Still contemplating whether to get the Switch or just buy it on the Wii U. 

The new Mario trailer at first I was like what is this shit. Then as it went on, Wow, looks really good. 

Disappointed to not see anything about the virtual console 

Is the same Zelda game coming out on Wii U at the same time then?

2 hours ago, MrSpaM said:

3 launch games announced

£279

Paid online

Free monthly NES and SNES games that stop working when the month ends

2.5 hours battery life undocked

Not very impressed tbh

Depends what game you play. It says battery life on the move can be 6 hours. I assume that's playing the NES/SNES games though. I did read you could get 3 hours play on Zelda.

3 hours isn't great but I guess there wont be many times when you are out and about and can play more than 3 hours anyway.

The NES/SNES games only being a month at a time is a bit shite.

1 hour ago, kingcarr21 said:

Depends what game you play. It says battery life on the move can be 6 hours. I assume that's playing the NES/SNES games though. I did read you could get 3 hours play on Zelda.

3 hours isn't great but I guess there wont be many times when you are out and about and can play more than 3 hours anyway.

I think it's the distinct lack of announced launch games that's most worrying tbh. You'd have thought they'd have learnt from the wii u launch

The paid online sounds shit, and it better not be necessary if/when they stick a shinier version of Pokemon Sun/Moon (Stars?) on the Switch, because paying a monthly fee just to do some wondertrades or get at Pokemon Box (which we already pay for) is a pile of shit. Also, Nintendo, ****ing SNES and NES games are not worth paying a monthly fee for, just like they aren't worth 8 bloody quid to download like they are on Virtual Console. £1-3, that's what they are worth, just charge that and you'll probably triple the sales on the VC, instead of just losing business to ROMs and Emulators.

Price is more than I would have liked, but not that surprising, and the peripherals are steep too, so anyone who wants an extra pad is probably best off picking up the Hori wired pad for ~£30, because an extra set of Joycons and a grip comes to £103. Jeeeeeeesus.

But, but, .....

That Zelda trailer though. Hngggggggggggggghhhhhhhh. So good. Story looks like its gonna be good too, that bit when Zelda is crying, and the music - there's going to be some feels felt with this one, it looks almost like a cross between a Zelda game and a Studio Ghibli film, which is right up my street. Not quite sure about Zelda's slightly weird English accent, but I'm sure I'll get used to it.

PS - that Goron better do some flipping dancing.

I like the look of it but I hardly have time for my PS4, so unless this thing actually does a really decent job of doing something different, I can't see myself picking one up just for the odd exclusive.  As for other titles, remastered Skyrim at £60?  Really?  You can pick it up for less than half of that now and it'll probably run better on current consoles too.

On 14/01/2017 at 13:52, foxes_rule1978 said:

Pre-ordered with the special edition Zelda. Can't wait for this, looks amazing 

Have you seen the US version of the special edition... ridiculous compared with ours... so unfair!

I want to Pre Order but with the console at £280 and Zelda at £60 that is a hefty price. I'm going to wait and see if there are any bundle deals on before pre ordering. got holidays to pay off as well so might have to wait. Desperate to play Zelda and I really don't want to have to get the Wii U version

On 1/13/2017 at 13:57, kingcarr21 said:

2.5 Hours is utter shite, to be frank. The New Slim Vita absolutely pisses all over that. 

1 minute ago, Manwell Pablo said:

2.5 Hours is utter shite, to be frank. The New Slim Vita absolutely pisses all over that. 

The Vita is a handheld though. the Switch is both. So its hardly surprising that the Vita lasts longer.

The battery life for me I don't really see a huge problem as how many journeys do most gamers take that is over 3 hours? Yes It would have been nice for much longer but its not the biggest problem for me.

Simply I think the whole thing is just too expensive. Ive decided im going to wait and see how it sells. I can see it going down in price quite quick

I really like the look of it, but I can't justify spending on it just now!

Might have to make do with the Wii-U version of Zelda for now. All the hype as made me dig out Wind Waker again - I completed it on the Gamecube and brought the WiiU version but never really played it. Need my Zelda fix!

3 minutes ago, kingcarr21 said:

The Vita is a handheld though. the Switch is both. So its hardly surprising that the Vita lasts longer.

The battery life for me I don't really see a huge problem as how many journeys do most gamers take that is over 3 hours? Yes It would have been nice for much longer but its not the biggest problem for me.

Simply I think the whole thing is just too expensive. Ive decided im going to wait and see how it sells. I can see it going down in price quite quick

Me? Depends where I am contracted. I've done nearly 2 hours already today, got a lunch break to have yet as well. Game dependent I'd have about half an hour left. I have appliances with much longer battery devices that I get infuriated with, trust me, 2.5 hours is appalling for a mobile device.

Can you plug it into the mains as well? Utter wank for taking on Holiday if you've got to dock the ****ing thing with the console as the only charge method. 

1 minute ago, stripeyfox said:

I really like the look of it, but I can't justify spending on it just now!

Might have to make do with the Wii-U version of Zelda for now. All the hype as made me dig out Wind Waker again - I completed it on the Gamecube and brought the WiiU version but never really played it. Need my Zelda fix!

Wind Waker is great. I started playing Majora's mask couple of weeks ago, brilliant. Zelda is by far my favourite games series. To rate them is so difficult.

My top 5

1. Ocarina of Time (I think the age I was when it came out makes this my number 1)

2. Twilight Princess

3. Majora's Mask

4. Wind Waker

5. Skyward Sword

That was too difficult to do lol 

1 minute ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Me? Depends where I am contracted. I've done nearly 2 hours already today, got a lunch break to have yet as well. Game dependent I'd have about half an hour left. I have appliances with much longer battery devices that I get infuriated with, trust me, 2.5 hours is appalling for a mobile device.

Can you plug it into the mains as well? Utter wank for taking on Holiday if you've got to dock the ****ing thing with the console as the only charge method. 

You can plug it in (from what I read) So say you are on a train they have plugs now (well most of them anyway lol). There must be a way to plug it in otherwise it truly is shocking

1 minute ago, kingcarr21 said:

Wind Waker is great. I started playing Majora's mask couple of weeks ago, brilliant. Zelda is by far my favourite games series. To rate them is so difficult.

My top 5

1. Ocarina of Time (I think the age I was when it came out makes this my number 1)

2. Twilight Princess

3. Majora's Mask

4. Wind Waker

5. Skyward Sword

You can plug it in (from what I read) So say you are on a train they have plugs now (well most of them anyway lol). There must be a way to plug it in otherwise it truly is shocking

You'd of really thought so. 

1 hour ago, kingcarr21 said:

My top 5

2. Twilight Princess

3. Majora's Mask

4. Wind Waker

5. Skyward Sword

My all time favourite was A Link To The Past on SNES. It was really difficult in places (maybe not Ocarina Water Temple hard) and it didn't always prompt you where to go next, like most new games do, and of course no internet in those days to google or youtube a bit where you got stuck. There was a hints leaflet with the game but it was sealed. I remember resisting for weeks but finally had to cave in and unwrap the little hints booklet!

http://nintendotoday.com/switch-app-matchmaking/

"The smart phone app that we’re creating, that will be part of our online service, we believe is going to be a very compelling part of the overall proposition because that’s how you’ll voice chat, that’s how you’ll do your matchmaking, and create your lobby. We also think it’s a very elegant solution because if you’ve taken your switch on the go, you’ve put yourself in a hotspot, you’re looking at get a quick match of Mario Kart in, to whip out some sort of bulky, gamer headset is a bit of a challenge. So we think we’ve got an elegant solution. That’s a very specific answer to your question."

That makes it sound like the switch doesn't have matchmaking or voice chat capabilities built in :blink:

Edited by MrSpaM

• 1 month later...

I've pre-ordered one. Can't deny that I'm a massive Zelda and Mario fan and with this being the first Nintendo home console I can afford at launch, I couldn't resist. I actually think the range of launch titles has improved massively since the January presentation.

It'll be BOTW and Snipperclips for me. The latter looks like a charming little co-op game and BOTW will hopefully keep me occupied for a good few months.

Edited by VinceNoir