Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sambiasso

Walsall(H) - 8th November

Tickets for the Development Squad’s Checkatrade Trophy clash with Walsall at King Power Stadium on Tuesday 8 November (7.45pm kick-off) are now on general sale.

- Checkatrade Trophy tickets now on general sale 

- The Foxes take on Walsall in their final Northern Group H fixture on Tuesday 8 November (7.45pm KO) 

- City have already qualified, but could secure top spot with a win 

Tickets for the Development Squad’s Checkatrade Trophy clash with Walsall at King Power Stadium on Tuesday 8 November (7.45pm kick-off) are now on general sale. 

Having secured qualification from Northern Group H after a 1-0 win at Grimsby Town in early October, the Foxes are now aiming to claim top spot. 

A victory over Walsall, who sit just a point above City, would see them top their group ahead of the knockout rounds. 

City head into the game looking to extend their unbeaten run to four games in all competitions, having recorded Premier League 2 victories over Tottenham Hotspur and Reading in their last two games. 

TICKETS 

Ticket prices for the Under-21s' fixture with Walsall are as follows: 

Adults - £10

Seniors  - £5

Under-22s - £5

Under-18s - £1

You can secure your seat by calling the Sales Centre on 0344 815 5000 (Option 1), online at www.lcfcdirect.com or from the City Fanstore at King Power Stadium.

Read more at http://www.lcfc.com/news/article/2016-17/checkatrade-trophy-tickets-available-now-3391999.aspx#1E7cqfAe2K8HdBJk.99

2 minutes ago, MPH said:

Or they could support and motivate the younger players?

The youth team shouldn't need to be motivated imo, they have a fantastic opportunity to play football for a living, if you need outside motivation to get yourself going at this stage of your career you're probably not going to make it anyway. 

16 minutes ago, MPH said:

Or they could support and motivate the younger players?

We fielded something like 6 over-23s in the last game. Hardly like going down for an FA Youth Cup game. We shoudn't be participating in this tournament, end of.

16 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

The youth team shouldn't need to be motivated imo, they have a fantastic opportunity to play football for a living, if you need outside motivation to get yourself going at this stage of your career you're probably not going to make it anyway. 

Surely you can see there would be a difference between playing at the training ground and playing in front of x amount of people at the King Power?

I suppose to some extent it is the same reason as to how non league teams can raise their game in the FA cup against professional players

4 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

We fielded something like 6 over-23s in the last game. Hardly like going down for an FA Youth Cup game. We shoudn't be participating in this tournament, end of.

But we are.

And i was offering an alternative viewpoint, thats all. Could be a chance to see some of the younger players and what potential they have.. i would guess that there will be less over- 23 players in this game, especially as we have already qualified and have a wednesday European game to contend with...

Should have been free for ST holders (the Tigers do this for their 'A'-league games). £10 is beyond a joke, genuinely hope that there is only a 3-figure attendance for this to send a clear message to the club and the FA.

Don't know what Walsall are entitled to, but I remember an incident a few years ago in the FA Cup when a 'smaller' away club shafted us on ticket prices.

19 minutes ago, h1210 said:

Should have been free for ST holders (the Tigers do this for their 'A'-league games). £10 is beyond a joke, genuinely hope that there is only a 3-figure attendance for this to send a clear message to the club and the FA.

Don't know what Walsall are entitled to, but I remember an incident a few years ago in the FA Cup when a 'smaller' away club shafted us on ticket prices.

They are entitled to the majority of the money. However, Walsall will be fielding a similar team full of stiffs given they can't qualify for the next round. The competition is an absolute farce and the FA don't consider it a first team competition. Therefore the pricing should be relevant for those few folk what want to go. 

7 minutes ago, AjcW said:

It's sub 300 at the minute mate lol 

Half of me hopes there is no one there just to prove a point to the club for being greedy however the other half thinks its very unfair on the youth team as it would have been nice for them to get a half decent crowd.

Anything around the 300 mark would be fantastic news. I don't know how many games have been played at the "big team" grounds, and how those attendances compare, but it would be brilliant to get such a low attendance to show up the shambles this competition has become (this season anyway) and also the ludicrous pricing.

Unless someone else has info I'm going to assume the £10 is a minimum price point imposed by the FL for being part of the competition.

Archived