Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lako42

Surrounded by ****wits

1 minute ago, Lako42 said:

Best home record in England, lose one game in an absolute ****ing age and there it is, Booooooooooo!!

Useless, fickle modern football fan *****.

**** off and don't come back

Booing is harsh, but take away last season, if any clubs players performed like that they would be booed.

When do we say last season was great, and the players will go down in folk law, but they are not performing this season, and are now game for criticism?

1 minute ago, Monsell1976 said:

Booing is harsh, but take away last season, if any clubs players performed like that they would be booed.

When do we say last season was great, and the players will go down in folk law, but they are not performing this season, and are now game for criticism?

NOW!

Just now, Monsell1976 said:

After more than ONE home defeat in 26 games I would have thought, but then I am fairly level headed I suppose.

Beggars belief

2 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

So the credit in the bank for gifting us our wildest dream is gone?

Football truly is shit, we are now on the same fickle level all Man City and Chelsea fans.

Sad day

Not sure who is over reacting mate ..   the people who boo or you.

Never booed personally but the fans were perfectly entitled air their displeasure after that horror show...which was in fact just a continuation of our absolutely appalling performances all season.

What we are seeing isn't acceptable.  Fans are free to express that displeasure IMO.

2 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

After more than ONE home defeat in 26 games I would have thought, but then I am fairly level headed I suppose.

Beggars belief

I am level headed, but the majority of those results were last season, and on the most part have been awful, and at best unconvincing.

So as I asked, when this season can we say some of the players are not performing, and we look disjointed, and not a team?

Or do we just keep quiet because they were great last season, even if we get games like Liverpool, Man U, Chelsea, hull, West Brom etc, where we just don't turn up?

16 hours ago, Lako42 said:

So the credit in the bank for gifting us our wildest dream is gone?

Football truly is shit, we are now on the same fickle level all Man City and Chelsea fans.

Sad day

So, please let us know how long we must endure abject performance from extremely highly paid players before we are allowed to forget last season and criticise? Obviously you know how long that is. If you can happily accept our team working at a lower level of intensity (stats prove this) then you're a better man than me, I don't mind the results as much, I can forgive that, I can forgive errors like Drinky today, but the level of effort has dropped massively and that's unforgivable. 

Forget last season. It's gone.

Sing about it sure, it's a moment in time that will remain priceless but the reality is that if we keep playing like that not only will we finish bottom half but we'll be relegated.

That sort of performance is absolutely totally unacceptable no matter what team put it out. I'd have been livid with that 5 years ago let alone with the PFA player of the year, FWA player of the year and a £30 million striker on the pitch.

Not having a single shot in the first half at home to a perennial struggler would have been borderline unacceptable when we were a league one team, let alone a PL side.

13 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

Look at the bigger picture??

I was at Barnsley away 3 seasons back. 

Such poor progress hey boys.

Yeah look at the bigger picture. This season has been generally shite and we are nosediving towards a relegation battle. We look clueless. That's ok though, we've only lost one at home on 26.

I don't remember us having a shot against WBA two season ago ( think it was the Remembrance Day fixture) when cambiasso's og settled it. 

First half appalling

second half - bit more composure when around the back at 1-1 and we prob go on to win. you can't legislate for what DD did - shit happens.  we do look too nervous in possession though. Teams press and they know we will give it away. We lack the ability to break out with skill or pace when we have it at the back. in the pre game warm up we spend five mins playing short passes piggy in the middle followed by 90 mins where we don't look capable of stringing four decent passes together.

we have seen the rump of this squad struggle to turn around a bad run and then perform miracles. We must avoid dropping into the mindset where the players are scared to play. it can happen very quickly though. 

5 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I don't remember us having a shot against WBA two season ago ( think it was the Remembrance Day fixture) when cambiasso's og settled it. 

First half appalling

second half - bit more composure when around the back at 1-1 and we prob go on to win. you can't legislate for what DD did - shit happens.  we do look too nervous in possession though. Teams press and they know we will give it away. We lack the ability to break out with skill or pace when we have it at the back. in the pre game warm up we spend five mins playing short passes piggy in the middle followed by 90 mins where we don't look capable of stringing four decent passes together.

we have seen the rump of this squad struggle to turn around a bad run and then perform miracles. We must avoid dropping into the mindset where the players are scared to play. it can happen very quickly though. 

If people react like they did today every time they see something they don't like then we will very quickly see a team that don't want to play at home, an absolute travesty based on what WE and the team have created.

Sing when we're winning?

Oh and if you want to be level headed then maybe take into consideration the wider picture, not the bigger picture as referenced above, I mean the real situation.

Five out of the six teams that played in Europe in midweek didn't win this weekend, but **** it hey boys, get stuck into them, that'll get them going.

Archived