Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Trump Triumphs

I'm off to fall asleep watching the cricket.

Immediate thoughts,

Never take your core vote for granted at any cost, I thought the Obama government had failed the white working classes in the rustbelt and thought the GOP could make gains there, but even I had no idea they could steal safe Dem seats off them there.

We have a new politics now, the establishment is hated, if people have nothing they have nothing to lose, they'll even vote in a guy who has never held office before.

I know Hillary was bad but even I didn't think she could be so bad Trump would even pick up a Latino vote higher than anything since George Bush, she's the worst candidate to ever run for office, worse than Barry Goldwater. (down 5pts among blacks, 6pts latinos)

Pollsters are finished, they are either not weighting properly ot are rigging to try and influence public opinion, I do wonder what Marine Le Pen is actually polling compared to what we are being told in France

Any British politicians seriously want to try and derail Brexit? Have a serious think about what could follow doing that.

The wall never goes up, it's the new NHS bus promise.

I think the press did as much as anyone to win this for Trump, they still don't seem to learn that you can't bully, abuse and smear people into not voting for someone.

Pressure now on Trump, you have promised the World, now you've actually got to do it.

18 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

Hilary needs to concentrate on her marriage, the bitch can't even make her husband happy, how the fook is she going to make a nation happy.

It's a well known fact that she doesn't put out to Bill, if she had been a good wife and sucked her husband's cock, she would have won the election

Have you ever considered a career in political punditry? 

People seeking to stop brexit in its tracks should look at this vote and have a long hard think. You can't tell people how to vote, it can't be repressed by name calling pressure anymore. The people are revolting (yeah I get the puns) and we need to address it and debate it or we could end up with huge problems in this country.

I suspect that the dedicated Trump supporters are going to become as irate everybody else in time as his promises are delivered as diluted as they possibly can be. They will have the same realisation as some Brexiters have had when they realise that there is far more control over him than they suspect and there is a lot of procedural steps that have to be undertaken before he does anything at all.

As has been alluded to before, it's just another indication that people are becoming more and more intolerant of sex, gender, ethnicity, liberals, 'political correctness', immigration etc and have yet again chosen to vote for the radical option to illustrate that. However, the fear, ignorance and intolerance is surely only going to grow under Trump's leadership and 'Merica is only going to become more isolated from the result of the world. They won't be there to step in for any crisis and will only care for themselves, though i'm sure many believe that's the way it should be anyway. 

A further similarity with Brexit is the proportion of votes from young and old in favour of Trump. Yet again the young are left to live with the older generations decision. I don't have a problem with that as we live in a majority rule society (as do the US) and consequently everything is done for the greater good. However, I do sympathise with the youth and minorities of the US as they must feel like they are powerless to the masses. 

It all shows that so many people, as with Brexit, are too afraid to speak their mind's through fear of offending etc when participating in opinion polls. The majority aren't worth the paper they're written on. 

7 minutes ago, David Guiza said:

I suspect that the dedicated Trump supporters are going to become as irate everybody else in time as his promises are delivered as diluted as they possibly can be. They will have the same realisation as some Brexiters have had when they realise that there is far more control over him than they suspect and there is a lot of procedural steps that have to be undertaken before he does anything at all.

As has been alluded to before, it's just another indication that people are becoming more and more intolerant of sex, gender, ethnicity, liberals, 'political correctness', immigration etc and have yet again chosen to vote for the radical option to illustrate that. However, the fear, ignorance and intolerance is surely only going to grow under Trump's leadership and 'Merica is only going to become more isolated from the result of the world. They won't be there to step in for any crisis and will only care for themselves, though i'm sure many believe that's the way it should be anyway. 

A further similarity with Brexit is the proportion of votes from young and old in favour of Trump. Yet again the young are left to live with the older generations decision. I don't have a problem with that as we live in a majority rule society (as do the US) and consequently everything is done for the greater good. However, I do sympathise with the youth and minorities of the US as they must feel like they are powerless to the masses. 

It all shows that so many people, as with Brexit, are too afraid to speak their mind's through fear of offending etc when participating in opinion polls. The majority aren't worth the paper they're written on. 

The old were young once and have experience to see that it hasn't worked so have voted to change ? :dunno:

1 hour ago, steveherbe said:

Only things the public should be allowed to vote on is Strictly and the X Factor. idiots.

Even that's debatable, isn't their still a 50 year old female rapper still going strong on that x factor?

1 hour ago, Crinklyfox said:

This is frightening.  I respect the wishes of the US electorate but fear that they now have a leader who could be a liability in a pressurised situation.

Where's your reasoning  for this? I'm sure being a billionaire he must have faced many "pressurised situations"? Makes you wonder how bad Clinton must have been, She nearly did a Spurs! 

Just now, DB11 said:

The old were young once and have experience to see that it hasn't worked so have voted to change ? :dunno:

You could make that argument, along with the argument that perhaps the youth are too naive to see the bigger picture. I really don't know what I'd have done if I had to vote there as I couldn't bring myself to vote for either, but would see Clinton as the lesser of two great evils.

There is such a divide between generations when it comes to voting as of course morals are ever changing and what me and you think about immigration or racism for example is likely to be vastly different from what are grandparents think/would have thought. The same will likely be the case when we're in our grandparents shoes. Therefore the point I was making is that the youth will likely feel powerless, as they did with Brexit, as their opinion is often swept away by the sea of older voters. There's nothing that we can or should do to stop that of course, but it's the equivalent of trying to out vote Arsenal fans on a twitter poll. 

18 minutes ago, David Guiza said:

If the young had actually been arsed to vote then there wouldn't have been a brexit, so once again I'm not having that. Don't blame the people who bothered to go and vote, blame those that don't.

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

If the young had actually been arsed to vote then there wouldn't have been a brexit, so once again I'm not having that. Don't blame the people who bothered to go and vote, blame those that don't.

I'm not blaming them, far from it. I was simply saying that, as with Brexit, there is such a divide between what the young believe and the final result. I've voted on every single occasion that I've had since turning 18, but I there's nothing that I can do to encourage everybody aside from going on a one man, Russell Brand esque, tirade. That's down to the likes of Clinton and Cameron and both failed miserably with Brexit and the US general. 

Perhaps the results of Brexit and last night will get more young people interested in politics in the UK and US respectively in the manner that Thatcher's reign did. We shall see. 

Hats off to the man, he has defied all odds and won. This reminds me of the time everyone wanted Gareth Gates to win pop idol and Will Young went and won. I'm sure there were cries of WW3 then

Archived