Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Blue and white

Black Friday deals

On ‎14‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 13:54, GazzinderFox said:

No idea why the shops do it

Because it's a great way of flogging all of the shit that nobody wanted to buy all year because it's exactly that...shit.

They market it as an incredible deal and hey presto, everyone goes crazy and hoovers up all of the difficult to flog stuff, making way for the new ultra cool 2017 shit....repeat

The great contrast in the clip of the snarling chav women pulling each others hair out whilst wrestling over a cheap TV like something from a wild west saloon fight whilst in the background the Supermarket had on the tannoy a jolly "good tidings we bring, to you and your kin, we wish you a merry christmas and a happy new year". The progress made by humanity. Aliens are watching this and scratching their (three) heads. 

It's apparently called black Friday for two different reasons.. It was a phrase first coined by a police department in Pennsylvania. Once thanksgiving was out of the way everyone would start their Christmas shopping and so it seemed to them all at the same time.On the same day. Together. which caused more wrecks, more traffic violations and more calls to direct traffic, ect.  A dark day for the department , hence the phrase black Friday. A more recent claim for the phrase comes from a more commercial point of view and its considered the day most stores start to turn their year from a loss and into the black ( a profit) hence to them 'black friday' ( allegedly). 

Amazon (and John Lewis stores) have decent promotions on goods that can be trusted on quality.

Can imagine it being a security's nightmare in certain popular shops around the country with people running in and scrambling for bargains left.

16 hours ago, Webbo said:

I'd tell them where to stick 'em

I heard they're hiring hands-on staff to display it if you're interested Webbo... :whistle:

Don't be sticking it anywhere non-conventional though!!

1 hour ago, ScouseFox said:

anyone seen anything even remotely worth buying for no reason? 

seems like if you don't want anything computer game related then you may as well go back to bed. 

John Lewis have £250 off the apple watch I would like.  As it is still £350 I shall resist this year.  John Lewis is a good place to look actually, as they are price matching just everyone else.

20 hours ago, Blue and white said:

I'm all over that Battlefield deal!