Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Rob1742

Names that will never make a comeback

5 hours ago, foxile5 said:

Slightly off-topic but I hate, with a burning, crazy passion, this new trend for naming kids invented names. It is absolutely moronic and, in my opinion, tantamount to child abuse. Examples of baby names I have come across over the last 3 years :

Anaai

Zacchaius

Tai'bo

but why?

why do you care what other people call their kids?

why is Steve, or Tristan, or Emily any better?

1 hour ago, AndWhat? said:

Paul.

I swear I heard somewhere that a new baby hasn't been called Paul for like 3 years in the UK lol no idea if that's actually true. 

When I was at school half the boys were either called Paul or Darren. :D

1 minute ago, Dr The Singh said:

Bartholimule (my bad on spelling)

lol

I can honestly say Doc that Bartholimule will probably never be used again .....     :)

Unless ....     someone who couldn't spell and had a mule ...    and wanted to call it after that female tennis player ....    Marion whats-her-name.     

17 hours ago, ozleicester said:

but why?

Well, largely because a name has a large and direct impact on a persons life, and I think calling children ridiculous show-case names is a pretty poor judgement call. Maybe I'm a traditionalist, but I don't see the benefit in inventing a name with apostrophes and double vowels just to make you feel special and unique as parents. 

But whatever, I'm sure a child would grow up loving being called Th'wane.

17 hours ago, ozleicester said:

but why?

Take it from someone with an unusual name, it's no fun.

1 hour ago, foxile5 said:

Well, largely because a name has a large and direct impact on a persons life, and I think calling children ridiculous show-case names is a pretty poor judgement call. Maybe I'm a traditionalist, but I don't see the benefit in inventing a name with apostrophes and double vowels just to make you feel special and unique as parents. 

But whatever, I'm sure a child would grow up loving being called Th'wane.

56 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Take it from someone with an unusual name, it's no fun.

Can understand that it might impact kid. Though now with so many having different. I imagine less hassle

Then again you can always change it by deed poll. My daughter took her "typical" first name moved it to her 2nd name and changed her first to a quite unusual name on her 18th. B

Great idea as her new name is who she feels she is. Not some arbitrary name her parents liked in the 80s

Nah give it 10 years and loads of these will have made a comeback. Old fashioned names are becoming more popular and because people like to be wacky they'll go even older fashioned and there'll be Beatrice, Agnes, Cornelius, Mavis all over the place. (Maybe not Adolf)

19 hours ago, AndWhat? said:

Paul.

I swear I heard somewhere that a new baby hasn't been called Paul for like 3 years in the UK lol no idea if that's actually true. 

That's ridiculous lol I'd consider calling my baby Paul (if I was having one), good solid name and difficult to take the piss out of

10 minutes ago, TiffToff88 said:

Has anyone here had a child in the last few months and named them after one of our title winning players?

A friend of mine had a baby a week or so back and called him Kasper

I remember going to a game at either St Mary's or the Riverside a few years ago and reading about a couple of supported Saints and Boro naming their child Juninho Le Tissier. 

Archived