Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Rob1742

What you don't miss being a kid

Being little

Not knowing about alot of stuff

Spending half of your school time learning about stuff you know you'll never need

People trying to indoctrinate you to religions

Bedtimes

Not being able to just go out

Losing/breaking half your toys

Scuffing your new shoes on their first outing when you changed your mind about using them to play football

Growing out of your favourite trainers and geting them replaced with Fila / HiTops

City deciding to be complete crap

All the kids at school supporting ManU & Arsenal whilst getting dissed for supporting the local team thats been in my family for a century

Ribena toothkind being forced on me at school

Jamie Oliver making school diners more expensive whilst cutting the good meals down to just Pasta Bake

P.E hockey lessons

That jumped up c**t of a P.E teacher who somehow got promoted to head of year

Falling and scraping your knees

Getting forced to get up at ridiculously early times and feeling terrible for it

Lack of knowledge about proper nutrition

Air flow balls

8 hours ago, Tuna said:

School Assemblies.

Yeah, in my primary school we had to sing so many songs about Jesus, some were proper tunes but our piano-playing teacher always played the boring ones which killed off any interest I would ever have in christianity. 

Homework

Short trousers 

School caps

Caning and slipper across the arse

Cross country runs

Bullying school teachers and yobby older school kids

Lumpy sago pudding

Going to church 3 times on a Sunday

Not able to read cartoon type books on sundays

7 minutes ago, davieG said:

Homework

Short trousers 

School caps

Caning and slipper across the arse

Cross country runs

Bullying school teachers and yobby older school kids

Lumpy sago pudding

Going to church 3 times on a Sunday

Not able to read cartoon type books on sundays

Going to church 3 times on a Sunday? Blimey, very religious family!

As for bullying school teachers, I'm sure that I asked you to cut that out at the time, Davie...

Maybe I'm a masochist but I quite enjoyed cross country runs.

School caps were a pain, though. They were compulsory for our first 2 years at Secondary, so we were looking forward to the first day of our third year - but then they changed the rules and nobody had to wear them any more. Not fair!

I loved school dinners, apart from liver and gristle in the meat pies.

Never had sago pudding. Semolina was probably our equivalent and I loved its bland, grainy texture. As for sponge and custard....I once set an unofficial school record by getting 14 helpings at one sitting. lol

Despite some poignant memories, I wouldn't swap and go back to being a child. It's no fun being powerless and clueless.

25 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

Going to church 3 times on a Sunday? Blimey, very religious family!

As for bullying school teachers, I'm sure that I asked you to cut that out at the time, Davie...

Maybe I'm a masochist but I quite enjoyed cross country runs.

School caps were a pain, though. They were compulsory for our first 2 years at Secondary, so we were looking forward to the first day of our third year - but then they changed the rules and nobody had to wear them any more. Not fair!

I loved school dinners, apart from liver and gristle in the meat pies.

Never had sago pudding. Semolina was probably our equivalent and I loved its bland, grainy texture. As for sponge and custard....I once set an unofficial school record by getting 14 helpings at one sitting. lol

Despite some poignant memories, I wouldn't swap and go back to being a child. It's no fun being powerless and clueless.

Probably because I was in a CofE Children's home from 6 to 16

Our PE lessons generally consisted of running around Viccy Park with the last one home, except the fat kid getting a thick plimy sole across the naked arse, I was often last preferring short fast races.

I loved school dinners too, the sago was served up as a solid lump at the 'home'

Same as me with school uniforms I had the badge ripped off my blazer and my cap nicked on the 1st day, mind you some kids had their brand new bikes lobbed onto the prefab classroom roof.

1 minute ago, foxy boxing said:

i don't miss having to eat all my vegetables or wearing braces

Try having to wear braces with short trousers when you're 13/14 years old

Like this

3c1869b53cfb0dac3a787b07acc9d013.jpg

It's not as if I went to a grammar or posh school it was more a prep school for borstal.

PS that's not me.

Singing fecking 'Kum ba Yah'. Every. ****ing. Morning.

That and shin splints, used to get them every season towards the end of the season. From ages 11-16 I don't think I completed a whole season without getting shin splints.

5 hours ago, davieG said:

Try having to wear braces with short trousers when you're 13/14 years old

Like this

3c1869b53cfb0dac3a787b07acc9d013.jpg

It's not as if I went to a grammar or posh school it was more a prep school for borstal.

PS that's not me.

If it was you, I reckon you'd be the rebel on the right with the different colour socks.

Not having central heating

Having a bath in an inch of tepid water because the fire had gone out

Working 25 hours down t'pit, mind you that were luxury, that.

My dad's temper.

The family arguments everyday (or so it seemed)

Not knowing how to kiss a girl

Leather football against thigh on a freezing cold footy pitch

Cross country runs (forced)

Being unable to be good at anything and everyone else being brill.

Having to get up to change the TV channel

• 4 weeks later...

Being humiliated at school by having to wear the dunces D hat cone standing in the corner, getting caned and lifted up by the ears by the PE teacher and then going home and getting the belt from my father for being stupid, naughty and rubbish at sports.

As a Dad now, I spoil, love and encourage my son in everything he does. He's autistic and perhaps those dark days make me cherish as much time as I can get with him. The little spoilt b*gger gets everything he wants, so here's the paradox.....

Archived