Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TiffToff88

Crutches

Just a quick question guys, going to the brugge game with my dad, but he had a knee operation on Friday and will need to be on crutches at the game. Tickets were bought before he had a confirmed date for the operation.

I was wondering if the club will actually allow him to bring crutches into the ground or would they maybe be seen as a weapon?

My sons mum broke her leg before travelling to Swansea away (literally the day before) we turned up on the day and they simply relocated us to the disabled section. Yet it got full before the match started and we were then moved bsck to our normal seats.  

My point is we still got to watch the match either way :) 

For those of you following this exciting developing story, I called the club, informed them of our situation, but they told me all the "disabled/accessible" seating has been allocated for this game, and he WONT be allowed to take crutches into the ground.

I've had to break the news to my dad, and he said theres no way he can get up all those stairs without his crutches at the moment, so i'll have to give his ticket to someone else. 

He did say that although he's gutted, he doesn't mind too much as we will get tickets for the final in Cardiff (and as many knockout games as possible inbetween)

Gotta love his optimism!!

26 minutes ago, TiffToff88 said:

For those of you following this exciting developing story, I called the club, informed them of our situation, but they told me all the "disabled/accessible" seating has been allocated for this game, and he WONT be allowed to take crutches into the ground.

I've had to break the news to my dad, and he said theres no way he can get up all those stairs without his crutches at the moment, so i'll have to give his ticket to someone else. 

He did say that although he's gutted, he doesn't mind too much as we will get tickets for the final in Cardiff (and as many knockout games as possible inbetween)

Gotta love his optimism!!

If I was him I would just turn up, Can't really see them turning away a fan they class as disabled.

We managed to get hold of 2 pitchside seats in L1 in the wheelchair section in the end, so my dad was able to go to the game afterall!!

For a couple of people fortunate enough to usually sit in a box, being in L1 for the evening was a fantastic experience! my only gripe with it was we couldn't see half of the pitch, as the bloke next to us just outside the wheelchair section insisted on standing up for the duration of the game (and refused to move when we asked him politely). Which, although a little bit insensitive considering the people in the disabled section are often unable to stand themselves to see round him, we didn't mind too much, just moved forward slightly and we were fine.

The only issue we had with the bloke was he spend most of the game staring at his phone screen anyway!! i guess he was watching the Dortmund game through bt sport on his phone and found it more interesting that the city game!

All in all, i wouldn't mind if my dad knackers his leg up more often so we have to relocate to a section with a better atmosphere than the corporate areas, great night, great experience. and i though the Brugge fans were generally brilliant!

EDIT: This wasn't intended to be a dig at people chosing to stand up, i'm all for it, but people standing up, blocking the view of those who can't, and then refusing to move just got to me a little bit!

On 24/11/2016 at 15:01, TiffToff88 said:

We managed to get hold of 2 pitchside seats in L1 in the wheelchair section in the end, so my dad was able to go to the game afterall!!

For a couple of people fortunate enough to usually sit in a box, being in L1 for the evening was a fantastic experience! my only gripe with it was we couldn't see half of the pitch, as the bloke next to us just outside the wheelchair section insisted on standing up for the duration of the game (and refused to move when we asked him politely). Which, although a little bit insensitive considering the people in the disabled section are often unable to stand themselves to see round him, we didn't mind too much, just moved forward slightly and we were fine.

The only issue we had with the bloke was he spend most of the game staring at his phone screen anyway!! i guess he was watching the Dortmund game through bt sport on his phone and found it more interesting that the city game!

All in all, i wouldn't mind if my dad knackers his leg up more often so we have to relocate to a section with a better atmosphere than the corporate areas, great night, great experience. and i though the Brugge fans were generally brilliant!

EDIT: This wasn't intended to be a dig at people chosing to stand up, i'm all for it, but people standing up, blocking the view of those who can't, and then refusing to move just got to me a little bit!

Would they not let you into the box because of crutches or did the boxholder not purchase the champions league package?

2 hours ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Would they not let you into the box because of crutches or did the boxholder not purchase the champions league package?

Didn't purchase the package. they would have allowed crutches in the box had we paid for it though, he'll be fine taking them tomorrow

22 minutes ago, TiffToff88 said:

Didn't purchase the package. they would have allowed crutches in the box had we paid for it though, he'll be fine taking them tomorrow

Can't blame him. The prices I heard that they were charging for the packages was absolutely ridiculous and didn't show any loyalty to boxholders.

Archived