Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Parafox

Snoring

Do you snore? Does your partner snore?

How have you managed it?

My wife snores and apparently, so do I. We both get disturbed nights because of it and I have taken to using earplugs but really doesn't help much. I'm a light sleeper anyway.

Is your sleep disturbed and what measures have you tried to stop either you or your partner snoring?

Snored like a tractor before I stopped smoking and lost a couple of stone. 

I tried mouth guard's, nose strips and sprays even went to the hospital but couldn't hack a camera down my nose.

Mostly OK now except maybe the odd time when I've had many too many.

Good luck but weight and smoking is my only cure.

45 minutes ago, Parafox said:

How have you managed it?

My wife snores and apparently, so do I. We both get disturbed nights because of it and I have taken to using earplugs but really doesn't help much. I'm a light sleeper anyway.

Is your sleep disturbed and what measures have you tried to stop either you or your partner snoring?

Good of you and your wife to put a warning sign up outside your house.... :whistle:

Image result for "Great Snoring"

1 hour ago, tom27111 said:

Sounds like a train is going through the house when my Mrs is asleep. 

A swift kick usually stops her for a few minutes.

Same mate.

I know I snore especially after a few.

But the wife has taken up the mantle recently, she never used too. But the last few months have done my head in. She falls sleep as soon as her head hits pillow. So I have to kick, elbow and shove her till she shuts up for long enough for me your fall sleep.

As I need silence to get sleep.

I used to dread sleeping within earshot of my old man. His snoring wasn't particularly loud, but was without doubt one of the most maddening sounds known to man.

It consisted of a snuffled in breath through the nose, then a pause of entirely random length (so long on some occasions that I wondered if he'd actually carked it), followed by an out breath through the mouth, but with the throat sort of half closed so it sounded like the last breath of someone dying from some dreadful respiratory condition.

Even thinking about it now, years later, is making me really cross

15 hours ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

I used to dread sleeping within earshot of my old man. His snoring wasn't particularly loud, but was without doubt one of the most maddening sounds known to man.

It consisted of a snuffled in breath through the nose, then a pause of entirely random length (so long on some occasions that I wondered if he'd actually carked it), followed by an out breath through the mouth, but with the throat sort of half closed so it sounded like the last breath of someone dying from some dreadful respiratory condition.

Even thinking about it now, years later, is making me really cross

lol

I know the same mate.

I'd be sat in the front room watching the tele with my old man and he'd drop off and start snoring. Then he'd be silent for about 15-20 seconds. As though he's testing you.

On ‎24‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 19:30, Parafox said:

How have you managed it?

I put Bromide in her tea, just before she goes to bed.

I've used ear plugs every night for the last 10 years since my first kid was born lol

The kids have stopped crying in the night now, but wife snores like a trooper so I still need them. I've tried many different makes and sizes over the years and have finally found the perfect ones for me. Thank you 'Mack's' for your Snore Mufflers Silicone Putty Earplugs and allowing me a decent nights kip :thumbup:

55 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

I've used ear plugs every night for the last 10 years since my first kid was born lol

The kids have stopped crying in the night now, but wife snores like a trooper so I still need them. I've tried many different makes and sizes over the years and have finally found the perfect ones for me. Thank you 'Mack's' for your Snore Mufflers Silicone Putty Earplugs and allowing me a decent nights kip :thumbup:

I'll give them a try :thumbup:

Archived