Paddy.

Slimani

795 posts in this topic

Should always be a nailed on starter from now. Top scorer. Why persist with Vardy's shit just because he was mega last season? He's dilge right now.

2 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

Some of our recent signings have been questionable but I really think Slim was an excellent addition. I think even with his massive price tag he's good value.  Seems like a nightmare to play against. Our best forward by a country mile.

I agree, he is probably our best player, made an instant impact when coming on and his link up play is brilliant

What did he do apart from score a penalty?

4 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Set up 2 chances and gave us something to aim at in the box. Quite good compared to Vardy's two touches all game. 

Should start all our matches. Guy has passion and hunger. 

4 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

Actually put himself about, used a bit of muscle, came back to collect the ball and help the mid-field, some good link-up play with Musa. Basically loads of stuff Vardy hasn't done for 14 games.

I was going to say the same. I think he'll be deadly with some half decent service. I like the way he gets stuck in when we're on the back foot. Also, I don't know the stats but his shots to goals ratio since he signed must be pretty high. He doesn't miss many which is good news because he doesn't get many chances.

Ps I'm not basing my comments purely on today, I'm talking in general, since he signed. I think he's adapted pretty well.

Edited by Paddy.

4 minutes ago, Webbo said:

I am not a big fan but he has contributed in a short time more than Vardy+Okazaki combined during the whole game.

39 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Did more than Okazaki n Vardy put together today Webbo.

Credit where it's due mate.

Don't be blinded by how bad vardy is thinking that slim is messiah.... apart from the pen and one flick into the box he really didn't do a lot today

10 minutes ago, Raj said:

Did more than Okazaki n Vardy put together today Webbo.

Credit where it's due mate.

Shinji deffo did more than slimani today, can't believe you'd suggest otherwise

If we insist on playing hoof ball then let's have a big strong lad up top who may occasionally win something.

He's got that air about him where you think he's a goalscorer, he's instinctive. 

He's a good player and has adapted well. I think he is the first choice, he's just had injury problems and Ranieri doesn't want to risk him. 

As I've said in another thread I think we should ultimately go 4-3-3 with Slimani up top and any of Mahrez / Gray / Musa / Albrighton / Kaputska on the wings and interchanging. Drinky in the middle of the park with a ball winner (Amartey?) and another high quality mid who can create. Look at Slimani's goal record in Portugal... I know it's a different league but he's proved already that with the right service he will score plenty. 

But sadly I don't see this happening any time soon!

You know what **** Vardy the overpaid Prima Donna. He's not put a proper shift in for months now and doesn't look arsed to be honest. He's clearly more bothered about his book being advertised round the ground than actually playing to a decent standard. He's done and is doing nothing. He says he hasn't lost any pace, well he definitely has as he looks slow this season, either that or he just can't be arsed on his cushy £100k a week. Slimani starts from now on for me. 

39 minutes ago, FoxInTheBirstallBox said:

In proportion to the game play,no your wrong.

Slim was on for about 20mins? Hasn't played for ages and made the difference.

I like Shinji though so not getting into a slagging match sbout him.

38 minutes ago, FoxInTheBirstallBox said:

No and I do not even think Slim has done enough.

Shinji was one of the few good things about today, never stopped, hit the woodwork, almost set up Vardy when perhaps he should have taken the shot himself.

Like slimani, looks up for it every game, bit rough skill wise, but pops up with the goals.

For me, him and Vardy are not going to work, so for me, how vardy has played, I would cash in, in January, spend the money in midfield.

Agree with ginger, the fame has gone to his head, before last season he wasn't that clever, had a great season, and taking the leicester tinted specs off, he's looking like a one season wonder, but again it could be down to attitude.

He better get on with the film, as with his form, or lack of it, everyone outside of leicester will have forgotten him.

Scored 5 in 10 hasn't he? Definitely our best forward right now. He's been one of three players who can say they've played well this season.