Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tielemans63

Slimani

Though I was in line with the chance at the KP, I didn't notice him bawling Amartey for getting in his way for a goal. Love that attitude. Even after scoring the penalty, he went straight back with the ball to the centre circle to get on with the game and score another.

I've been a long time admirer of Slim, ever since I watched him at the 2014 world cup.

He's strong, fantastic in the air, plays so well with Mahrez (his goal against WBA began with his sweeping long pass to Mahrez) and puts a shift in.

There's lots of strikers that come from European leagues and struggle to adapt to the premier league - ask spurs fans!

I feel we are lucky to have him as he has the attributes to be a very good striker in the premier league. It's just a shame the team are stuttering at the moment - once we find a better style of play (which I am sure will happen), he'll be even better.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

On ‎26‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 18:53, Harry - LCFC said:

Scored 5 in 10 hasn't he? Definitely our best forward right now. He's been one of three players who can say they've played well this season.

I would say four. Kasper Drinky Okazaki and Slim my next best two Simpson and Fuchs. The rest have been total w4nk.

ps that's league games.

the thing is can Slimani and Vardy ever play together or will one keep coming on for the other. at some point they will have to play together and Ranieri should be working with them both in training to get them "in sync". when he first came here we all thought he would be a striking partner to Vardy and so far things have not exactly worked out that way

Still not convinced, but again lack of service won't help, Still can't help but feel he was signed to try and keep Mahrez happy.

I feel he would be another one to benefit to a switch to wingbacks, Albrighton and Fuchs are the best crossers of the ball, if we play slim those 2 need to be firing balls into him, and that involves albrighton being on his best foot. not having to cut back to use it.

Feed Slimani and he will score. For me he's looked good when he's played, certainly had the best impact of any of our summer signings and has been better in front of goal than anyone else. I can't think of any sitters he's missed so he's taken his chances when they've come.

Slimani is a classic poacher, doesn't score screamers, puts in a real shift and he can be a real handful with his physicality. With a good run in the side I'm positive he'll bag plenty - but like Vardy (who I personally feel has taken his foot off the gas this season) he needs the service, and we're really not giving our strikers any real service - just hit and hope balls over the top 9/10 times. Shinji has no chance with that but because of how he puts himself about he's arguably been our most threatening forward bar Slimani this season. The way we're playing, Ulloa and Slimani should start seeing as everything seems to be in the air.

2 minutes ago, cruyff99 said:

Even after scoring the penalty, he went straight back with the ball to the centre circle to get on with the game and score another.

I think his attitude is fantastic. Even when mis-firing, I feel as though the team is missing something without Vardy playing, but Slimani did more in 15 minutes in the Boro game to justify starting than Vardy did the whole game. Plays positively, holds the ball well, screaming at players when they aren't working as hard. Not many players adapt as well to the Premier League and I feel he's a perfect fit for it.

He's not perfect and is not yet clinical but I feel that he will long reward his fee.

On ‎26‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 17:15, Webbo said:

What did he do apart from score a penalty?

I hope this is a genuine question because you weren't at the game?

If you were there and you watched his contribution then there may be no hope for you my friend.

Lets be honest Slimani & Musa were both signed to play behind Vardy in the Okazaki role, but Shinji is out performing both.

We need to give both Slimani/Musa time to understand this position. For me, Vardy is still vital to the way we play even if teams are sitting deep. Mainly because his movement worries defenders, which I'm sure he'll improve on now we have a less congested fixture list. Also, once we take the lead in a game I think that's when you'll see Vardy shine. Teams will have to open up and push for a goal which will leave us space to attack.

Even though Shinji's been great, and I love the bloke.. I'd start Slimani behind Vardy against Sunderland. Then if we are ahead bring Musa on for Slimani, to play on the counter. We have 3 months until the CL.. Now is a great chance for Slimani & Musa to learn the Okazaki role in the 4-4-1-1, which is what they were signed for.

Slim + Okazaki please. Our best 2 strikers currently. I'd try Mahrez on the left and Albrighton on the right to increase crossing chances with Vardy, Gray, Musa, Schlupp, Kapustka as attacking options

embarassing writing that how badly we have recruited, what we need is 2 less wingers and two more CMs.

I've really been a bit baffled by those who have directed criticism at Slimani.  Check out his goals vs minutes on the pitch ratio.  OK, I've not actually done the maths but I am sure it paints him in a favourable light, particularly compared to any of other our main supposed goal scorers.  He scored buckets of goals last season and has scored important goals for us already.  Perhaps he doesn't have the elegance of Mahrez (who does?) or the blistering pace of Vardy.  Slim gets goals, though.

I am at a loss to make sense of Vardy's current lack of form, but for me he is looking more like a dangerous substitute, with Slim and Okazaki starting.

Finally, I too noticed how he ran to collect the ball from the net after his penalty, even though we were in the 94th minute.  Good lad!

Yep, Slimani is the man.

In an ideal world he and Vardy could work together in a front 2, but in the PL these days you just can't have 2 strikers trying to lead the line. It's got to be one, with the other slightly deeper to link up play.

I'd start Slim and Shinji next game, and use Vardy as a game changing impact sub

The reason I would start slimani ahead of vardy (aside from form). Is the gravity slim generates. Is is just insane how he can take the other team's defenders, just look at his goal against WBA 

He does a lot of little thing that go unnoticed, defenders will never respect okazaki and vardy in the box. the other team's CM barley help the CBs when we play vardy and oka up top. But  they respect slimani's aerial ability. He is not just taking away the CBs with him, he is at least taking away one CM, and stopping the fullback doubling on our wingers and fullbacks, that's why Fuchs seems to play good when slim is in the field, he is actually a threat in the box, and that allows our players to have more freedom in building up the play and getting a good cross, I can go all day about the little things he adds to the team. He should not be in the bench. He is a starter for sur

27 minutes ago, the fox said:

The reason I would start slimani ahead of vardy (aside from form). Is the gravity slim generates. Is is just insane how he can take the other team's defenders, just look at his goal against WBA 

He does a lot of little thing that go unnoticed, defenders will never respect okazaki and vardy in the box. the other team's CM barley help the CBs when we play vardy and oka up top. But  they respect slimani's aerial ability. He is not just taking away the CBs with him, he is at least taking away one CM, and stopping the fullback doubling on our wingers and fullbacks, that's why Fuchs seems to play good when slim is in the field, he is actually a threat in the box, and that allows our players to have more freedom in building up the play and getting a good cross, I can go all day about the little things he adds to the team. He should not be in the bench. He is a starter for sur

I take it Slim is your older brother?

1 hour ago, the fox said:

Agree with this. I think its simple really. Slimani holds up the ball, which means the wingers can actually get up the pitch before they need to track back again. With Vardy, its like they are expecting the hoof so they hardy make an effort.

Vardy was great last season because Kante drove the ball forward which took their midfield out, opening up a pass to the wingers or Vardy.

Some Stats :

With Slimani in the starting eleven LCFC has won 5 games from 8 avreging 2pts per game.

Without Slimani in the starting 11 LCFC has won only 2 games from 12 avreging 0.63pts per game.

In 10 Games all competition Slimani has scored 5 times and assisted twice in 703min... which means he is involved in a goal every 100 min.

Archived