Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tielemans63

Slimani

9 hours ago, Eagle10 said:

Just type on Youtube Worse Football Misses and you will see some of the best strikers in the world missing chances way worse than that one. Even Ronaldo and Messi failed opened net goals, so either you don't understand anything about football or you are just a troll

obviously I know you are prone to miss the one or two sitters but come on slimani ain't even the top 50 strikers in the world right now, not even top 20 in the prem, I support him as he is our player but just saying I'm not been convinced with him, can't even remember if he actually ever took a shot with his feet apart from a penalty and the swing he miss for the sitter

8 minutes ago, Topman said:

obviously I know you are prone to miss the one or two sitters but come on slimani ain't even the top 50 strikers in the world right now, not even top 20 in the prem, I support him as he is our player but just saying I'm not been convinced with him, can't even remember if he actually ever took a shot with his feet apart from a penalty and the swing he miss for the sitter

6 goals and 5 assists so far isn't too shabby at all. The fact is he's the only striker we have capable of playing a non-counter attacking style of play. Team sit too deep on us now and I think the only way to scrape through this season and stay up is by getting crosses peppered in to the box for Slimani to attack. I might be being a little harsh on Ulloa by saying he can't play that role, he can but he is nowhere near the level of Slimani at attacking crosses. Slimani is much quicker too and presses from the front, see West Ham at home his last league match. He gave them a torrid time. More of that please and we might just be ok.

To be honest, the thread on where it's all gone wrong, tells us that we just cannot judge our strikers playing in a team that gives them such little supply.

Slim included.

Its a travesty that we didn't go out in the summer and recruit a quality attack minded midfielder. I guess we tried, in Silva. We should have tried harder.

Amartey, King, Mendy, Drinks, Mahrez....

None have cut the mustard this season.

I think, as others have said Slim has had errm errm Slim to no service at times, but clearly he can score when he gets good crosses etc

he could well be vital in the run in

i don't agree with his fee (he had nowt to do with it so not his fault) but he is more like a 5-10 million pound player rather than nearly 30 mill :blink:

3 hours ago, Col city fan said:

To be honest, the thread on where it's all gone wrong, tells us that we just cannot judge our strikers playing in a team that gives them such little supply.

Slim included.

Its a travesty that we didn't go out in the summer and recruit a quality attack minded midfielder. I guess we tried, in Silva. We should have tried harder.

Amartey, King, Mendy, Drinks, Mahrez....

None have cut the mustard this season.

Amartey isn't an attacking midfielder but nice try at shoehorning him into another diss.

3 hours ago, Topman said:

I think ulloa is better at hold up that slim, seems to be able to win the flick on's and hold of defender, in terms of scoring I would say slim has the edge on ulloa 

Much more than an edge if you look at their careers as a whole, but I agree, Ulloa wins a lot of headers and flick ons. The last time he played for us, he won pretty much every long ball. 

I really want to get away from the hoofs though and I hope they play it to Slimani's feet so he can hold up and lay it off to Gray or Mahrez and they can beat a man or two and get a dangerous shot or cross in for Slimani, who is pretty deadly in the air with his movement and aggression.  Just don't give it to him a yard out on the floor.. :dry:

3 hours ago, Topman said:

I think ulloa is better at hold up that slim, seems to be able to win the flick on's and hold of defender, in terms of scoring I would say slim has the edge on ulloa 

I'm sure Slimani has finished in the Europe's top goal scoring charts for around 4 or 5 years there. There is a reason he cost what he did and so far he's been good whilst for the majority of the season being injured.

5 minutes ago, Ashley said:

I'm sure Slimani has finished in the Europe's top goal scoring charts for around 4 or 5 years there. There is a reason he cost what he did and so far he's been good whilst for the majority of the season being injured.

Ulloa any day of the week over that donkey 

1 minute ago, Ashley said:

Not sure if you're serious? 

You obviously weren't at Bournemouth. As soon as Leo came on, we actually looked like doing something.

I hope Vardy has to pay for a ticket to get into the ground, cos he's looking like a passenger. (Rant over) 

19 hours ago, Topman said:

it was just a terrible miss, no way a professional footballer should be that. especially as a striker u need to have the kind of anticipations to know where the ball going to land. he still hasn't scored with his feet yet for Leicester and that was a golden chance, he may prove me wrong but I'm yet to be convinced,  his general play and work rate still got to be question, hope am I proved wrong, then again Vardy hasn't scored in 24/25 games, that is a ridiculous stat and is still our 1st choice striker, he is diving for penalties rather trying to score, last season he would smash it in 

:o Has it been THAT long for Vardy??

12 minutes ago, USFox said:

:o Has it been THAT long for Vardy??

yes - since he scored against Liverpool in the 4-1 defeat way back in 10th September, he has played for Leicester a further 24 games and 23 of those he hasn't scored, obviously everyone knows he scored a hat trick v man city, since then he has played a further 8 games firing blanks. anyone else would of been dropped by now, like Neville said,.he need to go back to a non league striker and harass and press the defenders, he lost that nastiness and working not as hard, yes the midfielders still need to give him service, plus our defence normally by pass the midfield and lump the ball 50 feet in the air for our strikers 

1 hour ago, Ashley said:

Ronaldo would of finished top in European goalscoring chart for last 5 years, Slimani didn't even finished as top scorer in the portguese league for the time he was there but saying that he has a good record, averaging more than a goal every other game 

7 minutes ago, Topman said:

Ronaldo would of finished top in European goalscoring chart for last 5 years, Slimani didn't even finished as top scorer in the portguese league for the time he was there but saying that he has a good record, averaging more than a goal every other game 

He's doing that for us too whilst being injured.  Fully fit he will be a very good fit in the Prem.

I think slmani can suceed.  He is great in the box...  and he is learning what a centre forward has to do in the prem... tracking back.. pressing quickly.. winning balls and laying them off.... breaking quickley.  Most players struggle when they arrive.... it is exceptional of they  dont.  With good coaching he will suceed 

1 hour ago, Topman said:

yes - since he scored against Liverpool in the 4-1 defeat way back in 10th September, he has played for Leicester a further 24 games and 23 of those he hasn't scored, obviously everyone knows he scored a hat trick v man city, since then he has played a further 8 games firing blanks. anyone else would of been dropped by now, like Neville said,.he need to go back to a non league striker and harass and press the defenders, he lost that nastiness and working not as hard, yes the midfielders still need to give him service, plus our defence normally by pass the midfield and lump the ball 50 feet in the air for our strikers 

Wow I didn't think he'd been that bad. Its hard to blame him because of the long ball football we've been playing, but nonetheless not scoring in 23/24 games is really bad. It seems like he lost a step honestly.

Slimani didn't look fit or sharp.

Being fair, every striker misses the sort of gift he got against Derby at some time or another. Musa was nearly as bad.

What gets me is we lost Slimani to AFCON and for about the same time afterwards in effect.

Do we pay him for a season's work or a season, less a 6-8 weeks while he recovers from his AFCON interlude?

It's not something I'd want as a manager either way, unless he was absolutely brilliant like Kante who never turned out looking jaded or less than fit as I recall.

But Slimani isn't brilliant and has shown no signs that he ever will be.

He's got certain abilities, no question.

But what with AFCON and the reported Chinese interest I doubt if we'll ever be more than a wage payer to him.

Globetrotting come-and-go footballers are an inevitable part of modern day football but I feel as detached from them as they from me and only give a toss if they're fit and focused on being effective, week in, week out...the same as if they were hired soldiers.

In Slimani's case, the Chinese are welcome to him, whether we survive in the Premiership or get relegated.  

29 minutes ago, Thracian said:

Slimani didn't look fit or sharp.

Being fair, every striker misses the sort of gift he got against Derby at some time or another. Musa was nearly as bad.

What gets me is we lost Slimani to AFCON and for about the same time afterwards in effect.

Do we pay him for a season's work or a season, less a 6-8 weeks while he recovers from his AFCON interlude?

It's not something I'd want as a manager either way, unless he was absolutely brilliant like Kante who never turned out looking jaded or less than fit as I recall.

But Slimani isn't brilliant and has shown no signs that he ever will be.

He's got certain abilities, no question.

But what with AFCON and the reported Chinese interest I doubt if we'll ever be more than a wage payer to him.

Globetrotting come-and-go footballers are an inevitable part of modern day football but I feel as detached from them as they from me and only give a toss if they're fit and focused on being effective, week in, week out...the same as if they were hired soldiers.

In Slimani's case, the Chinese are welcome to him, whether we survive in the Premiership or get relegated.  

I have to agree with you on this Thrac......he looks dreadful to me .....I just cannot see why we chased him so hard and why we bought him.....personally I think Ulloa has a better touch and offers more but I know I am in the minority!

That miss against Derby is up there with the Torres one for Chelsea, it is one of the worst I have ever seen and if you did that in Sunday league with a bad hangover you would be absolutely slaughtered for it. I just hope he comes good and proves his worth, but I'm struggling to see how he is any better than Ulloa at the moment. 

34 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

That miss against Derby is up there with the Torres one for Chelsea, it is one of the worst I have ever seen and if you did that in Sunday league with a bad hangover you would be absolutely slaughtered for it. I just hope he comes good and proves his worth, but I'm struggling to see how he is any better than Ulloa at the moment. 

It was a bad miss, but not that bad. The defender got a touch on it, either way yes for a 29£ million player it is unacceptable. But don't worry he will become good, in Sporting he took at least 5-6 months to become the beast he was for us.

Archived