Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tielemans63

Slimani

5 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Premier league striker scores that opportunity yesterday. 

I'd rather play ulloa.

Fully agree even though I despised what he and his agent did in January. I'd rather play Ulloa than both Vardy and Slimani, other than getting sent off he can't do worse can he?

1 minute ago, lgfualol said:

Ulloa would have never made that chance. He's so slow that by the time he would have got on to that through-ball, the game would have already ended. Ulloa really has turned into a highly-rated player since his absence and meltdown. 

It'll always amaze me how much better a player gets when they're not playing. 

Just now, lgfualol said:

Ulloa would have never made that chance. He's so slow that by the time he would have got on to that through-ball, the game would have already ended. Ulloa really has turned into a highly-rated player since his absence and meltdown. 

Agree completely. Ulloa doesn't just 'lack' pace, he's literally slower than my dead grandma. No way he would have even been in the position to make that run. Watching him labour around the field is actually comical. How anyone can think Leo is this answer is beyond me.

Last season when we were under pressure Leo was asked to step in from the bench and saved us couple times when we needed to maintain the momentum. Norwich and West Ham come to mind. Sadly he isn't even an option these days, as he seems to be on strike due to disagreements with CR. So we're stuck with impotent Vardy, injured/AFCONned Slimani who misses sitters and Musa who just makes a lot of wind running about. Quantity over quality, especially when you consider Vardy's wage and Slimani's and Musa's transfer prices.

Ulloa hasn't scored a one on one in all his time at the club I don't think? He usually slips over. However, that was a shocking miss really given the importance and rarity of a clear cut chance for us. Add that to Wednesday's horror and he's starting to fcuk me off.

1 hour ago, Tuna said:

Premier league striker scores that opportunity yesterday. 

I'd rather play ulloa.

Very rare I disagree with your posts but I thought he did the right thing with it, caught it quite well and it deflected of the keeper.

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Ulloa hasn't scored a one on one in all his time at the club I don't think? He usually slips over. However, that was a shocking miss really given the importance and rarity of a clear cut chance for us. Add that to Wednesday's horror and he's starting to fcuk me off.

Yes he should have took it on his left round the keeper then tapped it into the open goal.

We need the midfield to start creating a lot more chances for the strikers though, one chance a game (or zero clear chances a game recently) just is not enough.

We are so bad just creating that one clear chance felt like we had scored yesterday for me. We made a clear chance omg we can make more now, how the champions have fallen.

The problem is they are unlikely to get a lot of scoring opportunities so the pressure on their shoulders is going to mount. At this point we could as well stick Ulloa (if he was avaiable) with Slimani upfront and play huthball hoping they will at least win some headers. Surely it wouldn't be much worse than what we witness every week. Oh well, onwards & upwards

I think by the time he would have taken it around Fabianski their defenders would have been on the goal-line to stop any shots. They were about in line with Fabianski when the shot was taken. 

Why can't we play a defence as useless as ours :( 

just watch his goals for Sporting. A few with his feet too. We need to play to his strength.

Slimani is a bit of an enigma. 

He is a good finisher, he is a decent header of the ball, he has got all round pace and he seems to score goals for fun in Europe, International and domestic level. However, for a big bloke he cant hold the ball up very well, has very little aggression at times and dare I say it at times plays like a coward. I know thats harsh but he plays like someone who is worried about getting hurt. For someone with his physical ability Id expect more. Also, he comes across as a bit football thick. I can think of three headers he has got into position for but mistimes his leap. Also that chance v Derby where his feet got all mixed up. He just seems a bit clumsy. Not Ormandroyd clumsy but still, something not quite right.

4 minutes ago, crazyleicester said:

Slimani is a bit of an enigma. 

He is a good finisher, he is a decent header of the ball, he has got all round pace and he seems to score goals for fun in Europe, International and domestic level. However, for a big bloke he cant hold the ball up very well, has very little aggression at times and dare I say it at times plays like a coward. I know thats harsh but he plays like someone who is worried about getting hurt. For someone with his physical ability Id expect more. Also, he comes across as a bit football thick. I can think of three headers he has got into position for but mistimes his leap. Also that chance v Derby where his feet got all mixed up. He just seems a bit clumsy. Not Ormandroyd clumsy but still, something not quite right.

I think the price tag has stuck in his head too. In Sporting he was like aggressive to a scale that even our rivals got pissed off with him playing against them. He is one of the best scorer in important games for us, think he has 1 goal every important game for us. I think he is getting pressured with his price tag, and the AFCON injury and early knock out didn't help too.

One more thing, is that we always supported our players, so they never lacked confidence, he never missed a sitter for us, and very rarely missed clear cut chances. He is a very good finisher, like very good. Ask Jorge Jesus and he will tell you how bad he wanted him back.

37 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

He always cut back onto his right foot - Ulloa that is. 

26 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

I think by the time he would have taken it around Fabianski their defenders would have been on the goal-line to stop any shots. They were about in line with Fabianski when the shot was taken. 

Why can't we play a defence as useless as ours :( 

just watch his goals for Sporting. A few with his feet too. We need to play to his strength.

Exactly.

5 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

I think Slimani was bought as a partner to Vardy in mind but it doesn't seem to have worked out that way. I don't know the way Sporting set up their team but Slimani doesn't look like he fits the bill really

As far as I'm aware they had a second striker alongside him and played in crosses. We've played him as a number 10 and crossed it to his ankles. 

12 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

As far as I'm aware they had a second striker alongside him and played in crosses. We've played him as a number 10 and crossed it to his ankles. 

Sounds about right. Take one of the best goalscorers with his head in Europe for the past few years and cross to his feet...

Guest CityFan 06
1 hour ago, foxes21 said:

when he came on, we were hoofing it up to him. despite him being a big lad, that isn't his game. he rarely wins hoof balls.

he likes it played to feet, see the burnley game at home as an example. we need to play to his strengths

This, and the formation used vs West Ham (H) we perhaps need to use again. As I recall, our lineup in that game involved Slimani being the lone striker in a 4-2-3-1?, and he scored. I believe he played primarily as a lone forward for Sporting Lisbon too and managed to score goals on a very regular basis. We countered very well vs West Ham and because Slimani was the lone striker the wingers were always looking to get the ball into him. That is how you will get the best out of him, deliver quality crosses and service into him, but that could be said for all our other strikers to a certain extent. 

Archived