Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tielemans63

Slimani

2 hours ago, dannythefox said:

Had the injury for ages we've been mugged off buying him. For the price and he doesn't even fit our style of play.

Our style of play is why we're losing so much now though. Surely getting Slim in was great because we can stop hoofing it for Vardy to jog after and get balls in the box. Not that it matters because we will never abandon playing the same way as last season despite every man and his dog knowing how to deal with it.

Slim is our still best hope at getting something out of this season. 

5 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Our style of play is why we're losing so much now though. Surely getting Slim in was great because we can stop hoofing it for Vardy to jog after and get balls in the box. Not that it matters because we will never abandon playing the same way as last season despite every man and his dog knowing how to deal with it.

Slim is our still best hope at getting something out of this season. 

If he suffers from Gilmore's groin, and right now it looks so, we

won't have much more joy with him.

4 hours ago, Eagle10 said:

Do you watch the games? He doesn't have good feet, they are average at best, but he can control a football, go watch the Burnley at Home game and see if he can't control a football. Seriously just because a player have a bad game you all assume is bad? Did you see Aubameyang yesterdar vs Benfica? He was atrocious and no one is putting his quality in question.

I've watched every game he's played this season pal. He's done his groin chasing his first touch.

7 minutes ago, Struwwelpeter60 said:

How many games has he missed in the meantime?

Could it be, that we got duped by Sporting?

Could it be, that they protracted the deal till

the very last moment to prevent a proper

medical?

I guess, they are still laughing in Lisbon.

Dude what are you talking about? Last season he didn't miss a SINGLE GAME, I repeat a SINGLE GAME. How can you blame Sporting on this matter? He just as a groin injury man nothing major, the problem is he wants to help the team and doesn't want to take a full month or more to recover fully, so he keeps pushing the injury and never recovers fully from it. Nothing major like you are pointing out.

3 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

I've watched every game he's played this season pal. He's done his groin chasing his first touch.

With previous affirmation sure as hell doesn't seem you watched him play not even once, but hey who am i to question that.

Just now, Eagle10 said:

With previous affirmation sure as hell doesn't seem you watched him play not even once, but hey who am i to question that. Some people just think they understand football but in the end they don't.

When he controls the ball with his feet, defend him, he's scored 6 goals inside the 6 yard box with his head and waved his hands around a lot - good business for 29m

1 minute ago, Abrasive fox said:

When he controls the ball with his feet, defend him, he's scored 6 goals inside the 6 yard box with his head and waved his hands around a lot - good business for 29m

He scored a penalty with his feet... Or do you think it was with the head? Some people are such trolls

5 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

A penalty! Haha

Hes been utter turd, has pissed off all the players and has claimed injuries all year. Quality mate.

Yet he still is your top scorer and the player with most participation in goals of the season. Quality mate.

Some horrendous comments on here against an injured player. He plays with urgency and commitment. Should have fans full sympathy and support. Can see him do VERY well in the PL for another club if given the service he deserves. 

This place does my head in somtimes. It seems to be populated by foaming morons.

Let me break it down for some of you...

The participants in football get injured somtimes, as they do in all sports even including non active ones like darts and snooker. 

If a participant is injured it does not mean he is not committed. it does not mean the club got the recruitment wrong.  It does not make him garbage.

It simply means said player is injured.

Now let's all keep calm and try and enjoy the football.

1 hour ago, Eagle10 said:

And I loved that you won. I'm not talking about that, I'm just saying that Sporting has nothing to do with it. Maybe your medical department has.

as in the same medical department that has one of the top games missed ratios in the premier league. Don't think so. Just been unlucky hasn't he, and boy I think we've missed him

he might be the dragon slayer but boy did he fluff his chance at the weekend.  For 30 miilion quid I expect him to have the brains to beat that on rushing keeper with time to spare and put the ball in the bloody net by either taking it around the keeper or chipping it over his head not tapping it straight into the keepers hands for god sake.  Atleast Mahrez did one good thing and lay that pass on for him nicely.  Other than Gray is their no one else who can inspire this team?

Some Comedy gold in here, and some morons.

Imagine people thinking Slimani is shit. As for the price-tag, pretty sure that's not his fault.

Top Goalscorer, Top Assists, Top Arial duels won, Responsible for half of our Points in all competitions, Crucial goals in Champions League and League, Works hard, Looks interested, Finds space, Looks a threat, Makes decent runs. He's been dropping back in to try and create his own chances, helping out the midfield. He's had less service for his game than Vardy - seen any wingers playing with width and pinging balls into the box recently? No. Didn't think so.

Strikers miss chances, its part of the job. Footballers get injured, its part of the job.

Oh, but wait, what about Saint Vardy?

11 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

What we don't need now is a sick note. Can this bloody season get any worse?!

A groin injury is particularly persistent can last more than one season and happen to anyone. Even on the pitch the player is never at 100%.

6 hours ago, cruzFOX said:

he might be the dragon slayer but boy did he fluff his chance at the weekend.  For 30 miilion quid I expect him to have the brains to beat that on rushing keeper with time to spare and put the ball in the bloody net by either taking it around the keeper or chipping it over his head not tapping it straight into the keepers hands for god sake.  Atleast Mahrez did one good thing and lay that pass on for him nicely.  Other than Gray is their no one else who can inspire this team?

Some really never played Football.

Archived