Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tielemans63

Slimani

7 hours ago, TJB-fox said:

as in the same medical department that has one of the top games missed ratios in the premier league. Don't think so. Just been unlucky hasn't he, and boy I think we've missed him

It's just possible that something was missed in the rush, if you recall he was released from international duty to have his medical....oh how I wished they'd have told us to fcuk off and not release him.

One of the most bizarre series of posts I think I've ever read on here were a few posters saying they wouldn't sell Slim to China for 40 million quid. He's no worse than any of em, and better than some. But to recoup our outlay AND get 10 mill profit....I'd have flown him there miself...

11 hours ago, lgfualol said:

Our style of play is why we're losing so much now though. Surely getting Slim in was great because we can stop hoofing it for Vardy to jog after and get balls in the box. Not that it matters because we will never abandon playing the same way as last season despite every man and his dog knowing how to deal with it.

Slim is our still best hope at getting something out of this season. 

Agree, if we did changed our style he'd be good I think get them balls in the box and he'd be there. But for some reason ranieri doesn't seem to want to try that.

30 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

One of the most bizarre series of posts I think I've ever read on here were a few posters saying they wouldn't sell Slim to China for 40 million quid. He's no worse than any of em, and better than some. But to recoup our outlay AND get 10 mill profit....I'd have flown him there miself...

Me too - classic example of a player getting better whilst he's injured.

Speak to any opposition fan about him and they'll all tell you he's awful and they'd take Vardy every day of the week. That said currently out of the two of them I'd rather play without a striker on current form.

Oh and on his injury, amazing how it keeps cropping up before smaller away game, funnily enough he'll be fit for Wednesday.

10 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

Me too - classic example of a player getting better whilst he's injured.

Orrrr because we generally play better with him in the team and getting rid to rely more on Vardy and Okazaki seems suicidal? 

I'm not sure many opposition fans would take Vardy anymore to be fair. Not for 100k a week anyway.

Can't believe the amount of bias here. Reminds me of Zieler at the beginning of the season.

Anyone still relying on Vardy is absolutely deluded. You can't even slag him for missing goals since he's not in even in a position to be an actual threat whatsoever. For whatever reason he didn't manage to adapt his game to the deep stting defenses and is proving right people who think he is an actual one season wonder. And lol@ noservice

Slate the big guy all you want, he was second best scorer in Portugal last season and one of the top scorers in Europe. Before anyone begins with the usual and arrogant "Pub league", Sporting would make it to the top ten in PL. They naturally would trash us as well.

Sell him for 40 millions to China (lol, like it would even happen) but in the actual state of things, no striker of his quality would ever come here. Even more so if we get relegated.

2 hours ago, Col city fan said:

How are the posts bizarre? At this moment he's our best chance of staying up, the stats show it and you can clearly see it on the pitch. We're so much better when he's playing. Selling him wouldve been good short term but if we (somehow) stay up then financially making 10m profit wouldn't have been worth it compared to the money saved on relegation

3 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

Col and some others on this thread conveniently ignoring the facts about Slimani being our best forward player, statistically, by a mile.

Which, sadly, isn't highlighting Slimani is, only how bad the rest of the strike force is.

5 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

Col and some others on this thread conveniently ignoring the facts about Slimani being our best forward player, statistically, by a mile.

Nah not having that. I can't see much difference between Slim and Leo, from what I've seen so far. He's injured too much as well. This is a major problem for us at present. Our most expensive striker EVER needs to be leading us out of this relegation threat with performances and goals.

Seeing as we didn't cash in on him, we've got to get him fit and scoring 

4 minutes ago, norwichfox said:

Which, sadly, isn't highlighting Slimani is, only how bad the rest of the strike force is.

Possibly true, but doesn't explain why we are moaning about our best striker and not the others.

Taken from a couple of week ago:

6 goals and 4 assists in 1240 minutes

2 goals vs Burnley in a 3-0 win (3 points)
The winning goal vs Porto (3 points)
The winning assist vs Copenhagen (3 points)
Last minute pen to drew boro 2-2 (1 point)
2 assists vs man city (3 points)
And the winning goal vs west ham (3 points)

Directly responsible for 16 of our 34 points, almost half!

Plus, just in the league:

First in goals
Second in aerial duels won
First in assists
And second in match ratings

Now can we all get back to discussing how shit Vardy is instead, rather than discussing the price tag of Slimani which has absolutely nothing to do with Slimani.

2 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Nah not having that. I can't see much difference between Slim and Leo, from what I've seen so far. He's injured too much as well. This is a major problem for us at present. Our most expensive striker EVER needs to be leading us out of this relegation threat with performances and goals.

Seeing as we didn't cash in on him, we've got to get him fit and scoring 

Slimani didn;t set the price-tag so you can't hold that against him.

If we flogged him we'd be left with an Injured Ulloa who has apparently become a world-beater through injury, an inept Vardy and Shinji. Not sure why so many people are out to slag off Slimani. We would be A LOT worse off without him right now, and that, I'm afraid, is a CONCRETE FACT.

20 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

Slimani didn;t set the price-tag so you can't hold that against him.

If we flogged him we'd be left with an Injured Ulloa who has apparently become a world-beater through injury, an inept Vardy and Shinji. Not sure why so many people are out to slag off Slimani. We would be A LOT worse off without him right now, and that, I'm afraid, is a CONCRETE FACT.

I often wonder whether people on here actually read posts? If you look a couple of posts up, I said that Slim has been no worse than any of em and better than some.

So no one is slagging him off. I'm certainly not.

HOWEVER, what I have said is that, from what I've seen, he don't look anything like a 40 million pound striker. Thus, if the Chinese interest was real, I'd have snapped their hands off.

He don't look that bothered (this has been picked up on in more than one match), he looks injury prone and he doesn't look good enough to be the player to propel us out of this mess. If he did look good enough, I'd have not posted what I did.

Read the bloody posts.

18 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

Possibly true, but doesn't explain why we are moaning about our best striker and not the others.

First in goals
First in assists

Now can we all get back to discussing how shit Vardy is instead, rather than discussing the price tag of Slimani which has absolutely nothing to do with Slimani.

Tssk, don't let facts get in the way of people's opinions.

22 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

First in goals
First in assists

Amen,my only criticism is stop being ****in injured cause we need him.

19 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I often wonder whether people on here actually read posts? If you look a couple of posts up, I said that Slim has been no worse than any of em and better than some.

So no one is slagging him off. I'm certainly not.

HOWEVER, what I have said is that, from what I've seen, he don't look anything like a 40 million pound striker. Thus, if the Chinese interest was real, I'd have snapped their hands off.

He don't look that bothered (this has been picked up on in more than one match), he looks injury prone and he doesn't look good enough to be the player to propel us out of this mess. If he did look good enough, I'd have not posted what I did.

Read the bloody posts.

Yes but you are not providing a Solution, simply saying we should have flogged him. If we HAD have got rid of Slim, how would we have been propelled out of the mess with Vardy, who is a waste of oxygen, Shinji who doesn't score goals and rolls around on the floor for 80 minutes, and Ulloa who throws strops and is also injured? What would your contingency plan have been if we had offloaded our best striker? If you can provide me with a solution, great, if not then we can agree that your point about flogging him was irrelevant.

4 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Surely the biggest issue was actually getting a good enough replacement in on time. If the £40m offer came in the summer then I'd snap their hands off, but with not a huge amount of time to do a deal on someone coming in, there is no chance I'd be selling our top scorer and top assister and going with what we've got.

Think what it keeps going back to is that even as Champions of England, in the champions league and having a significant amount of money, the recruitment were still unable to attract a top, top quality striker. 

Yes Slimani is no doubt a top quality striker, but without a preseason with us we were always slightly behind on his linking and fitness, feel if we keep hold of him next year he may come good 

12 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Think what it keeps going back to is that even as Champions of England, in the champions league and having a significant amount of money, the recruitment were still unable to attract a top, top quality striker. 

Yes Slimani is no doubt a top quality striker, but without a preseason with us we were always slightly behind on his linking and fitness, feel if we keep hold of him next year he may come good 

It all depends where we are. Relegation and two thirds of this squad will sod off, Slimani included. And we'd get nowhere near 30 mill for him let alone 40.

42 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

Yes but you are not providing a Solution, simply saying we should have flogged him. If we HAD have got rid of Slim, how would we have been propelled out of the mess with Vardy, who is a waste of oxygen, Shinji who doesn't score goals and rolls around on the floor for 80 minutes, and Ulloa who throws strops and is also injured? What would your contingency plan have been if we had offloaded our best striker? If you can provide me with a solution, great, if not then we can agree that your point about flogging him was irrelevant.

We dont look to be 'propelling out of this mess' anyway, do we?

The mess is much bigger than keeping or selling Slimani! Many have said, me included, that we could have Zlatan here at the moment and he wouldn't score. The midfield supply is truly fookin awful. If we DON'T let Slimani go for an alleged 40 million pound in January, what we DO then do is to sign someone in January who can at least supply him. Snodgrass from Hull being a player that springs straight to mind. There's your bloody solution.

The whole recruitment at the club has been to cock. Pathetic.

16 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

I would disagree with this...

he's okay, but only slightly better than Leo and we paid 3 times as much. His attitude also stinks (not learning English, he's big time, only speaks to Riyad, hasn't endeared himself to at least 3 of the players). He's played a big role in unsettling the squad, and there's a lot of scepticism at the club about his injury due to the timing of when they come up.

He's been on our radar for years but we never bid as we didn't think he was a massive improvement and was overpriced. For some reason that changed in the summer.

2 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

he's okay, but only slightly better than Leo and we paid 3 times as much. His attitude also stinks (not learning English, he's big time, only speaks to Riyad, hasn't endeared himself to at least 3 of the players). He's played a big role in unsettling the squad, and there's a lot of scepticism at the club about his injury due to the timing of when they come up.

He's been on our radar for years but we never bid as we didn't think he was a massive improvement and was overpriced. For some reason that changed in the summer.

Honestly wasn't aware of any of this, didn't realise he was being such a disruption 

I'd say he has more of a presence that Leo given his pace and such but disagree with his price tag - hence why I'm referring to bad recruitment 

3 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

From what I've been told it was Walsh that didn't want him, so him leaving was probably what changed lol

11 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

It all depends where we are. Relegation and two thirds of this squad will sod off, Slimani included. And we'd get nowhere near 30 mill for him let alone 40.

expecting a massive sale if we go down...

Imagine most will have a relegation clause somewhere in the contract 

4 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

Excuse my ignorance but are there any sources to back up your claims or are these assumptions? I certainly wouldn't be surprised due to our current predicament.

Archived