Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tielemans63

Slimani

1 hour ago, notnow john said:

As I understand it the only players who  were not recommended by Walsh were Benelouane, Mendy and Ndidi.

Slimani has a chronic groin problem that has to be managed.

Well you can add Slimani to that list because Walsh wouldn't even send a scout out to watch him live due to him not being a good fit for our style and like abrasive has said not being good value for money

38 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

There is a proverb that says when you want to drown your dog, you say it's rabid.  

Some posters here decided he's no good and are hell bent on slating him no matter what. Same happened with Zieler. They'll take any possible excuse, sometimes exaggerating, blowing up or twisting the slightest fact or quote that can help them burn the victim to the ground. It's absolutely appalling.

Bull-plop.

Stop going round the houses. Frankly, it's dull.

We just want him to play, to score, to warrant what we paid for him and what we continue to pay for him, in our plight to stay up.

End of.

27 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Bull-plop.

Stop going round the houses. Frankly, it's dull.

We just want him to play, to score, to warrant what we paid for him and what we continue to pay for him, in our plight to stay up.

End of.

Feed him, he will score.

Guest CityFan 06

Lone striker. Service. Goals.

Not saying he can't play with another forward alongside him, but the formation against West Ham (H) where he was the CF worked well.

1 hour ago, Simo86 said:

Well you can add Slimani to that list because Walsh wouldn't even send a scout out to watch him live due to him not being a good fit for our style and like abrasive has said not being good value for money

Is that why we were scouting him well before ranieri came here then?

Regarding his injury, I think he was injured in/before the afcon and probably played the last game with an injury, he came back, missed a few games because of it. Claudio said that he wasn't 100℅ fit vs derby and Swansea, so, no worries about a chronical injury.

.I think Claudio just wanted him to be 100℅ in the next champions league game so stop overreacting.

On 2/17/2017 at 16:10, Simo86 said:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/09/18/leicester-delighted-with-islam-slimanis-debut-as-their-superb-ho/ 

Read here. 

" The Algeria international was scouted by Leicester for two years – after being recommended by former head of recruitment Steve Walsh – before a protracted deal was finally agreed with Sporting Lisbon the day before the transfer deadline. "  

Clearly he wasn't recommended by Walsh...

On 17/02/2017 at 17:52, Kierzz said:

On 18/02/2017 at 18:32, Eagle10 said:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/09/18/leicester-delighted-with-islam-slimanis-debut-as-their-superb-ho/ 

Read here. 

" The Algeria international was scouted by Leicester for two years – after being recommended by former head of recruitment Steve Walsh – before a protracted deal was finally agreed with Sporting Lisbon the day before the transfer deadline. "  

Believe what you want. I'll believe the fella who told me as he knows a lot more than any journalist

1 hour ago, Simo86 said:

Believe what you want. I'll believe the fella who told me as he knows a lot more than any journalist

Hahaha yeah you believe your second hand info of some 'random' source you won't name whilst he can belive the words of the best, most well connected journo to cover Leicester.

I love posts like this. Why not just admit you have been proved wrong? 

3 hours ago, The whole world smiles said:

Hahaha yeah you believe your second hand info of some 'random' source you won't name whilst he can belive the words of the best, most well connected journo to cover Leicester.

I love posts like this. Why not just admit you have been proved wrong? 

I haven't been proven wrong though have I? Yes he's a well connected journalist, but that doesn't mean everything he writes is correct.

This is why I usually refrain from posting anything my mate tells me on here cos you just get slated by morons who like to belittle people.

10 minutes ago, Simo86 said:

I haven't been proven wrong though have I? Yes he's a well connected journalist, but that doesn't mean everything he writes is correct.

This is why I usually refrain from posting anything my mate tells me on here cos you just get slated by morons who like to belittle people.

lol you call people morons then moan about being belittled.

You argue Slimani wasn't scouted by Walsh then get mardy and defensive when proved wrong.

You are all over the shop son.

6 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

lol you call people morons then moan about being belittled.

You argue Slimani wasn't scouted by Walsh then get mardy and defensive when proved wrong.

You are all over the shop son.

You believe what you want to believe and so will I.

The guy I know's position will get him more info than John Percy ever will :thumbup:

On 17/02/2017 at 17:52, Kierzz said:

There is being aware of someone and watching videos and there is scouting in person and actually liking them enough to buy them.

I have no idea what the details were of our interest, but I maintained all the way through with him that something didn't seem quite right with the links we had with him. I still have that thought process now.

I do wonder if we're still working off the lists left behind by Walsh. You look at the signing of Wague, rumoured to be after him two years ago. Now we get him randomly on loan from Udinese reserves.

That's fine, but then you wonder whether we're working from outdated information. Getting Slimani two years ago would probably have been half decent business, getting him this season not so much. Getting Wague two years ago might have been alright, when you're expecting a centre half to walk into the team to fix an issue.... he's not really going to do that.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/12040/9407347/transfer-news-leicester-boss-nigel-pearson-dismisses-islam-slimani-talk

"If there has been a bid gone in I know nothing about it," he said, quoted in the Leicester Mercury.

"It is pretty cold, that one. In terms of hot or cold that one is freezing."

I remember when Pearson was asked about him by Stringer, he wouldn't normally comment on transfers but did on this occasion.

On 18/02/2017 at 18:32, Eagle10 said:

Read here. 

As I mention above, being scouted two years ago might have been fine. 1/3 of the price at most, less expectation. Are we going for old links, despite the fact they and us had moved on and they no long represent value? You have to admit it's worrying we didn't go for him when Walsh was here (there was a buy out clause less that what we paid we're told), then Walsh goes and we chuck in a last minute bid higher than what we'd have needed to pay earlier in the season.

If our team was actually performing he'd be getting 12-15 goals a year at least if you ask me, he's lacking technique but he's pretty good at finding himself in the right position. £30m is silly money, but it's hard to judge fairly when every single player is total rubbish.

3 minutes ago, Mark said:

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/12040/9407347/transfer-news-leicester-boss-nigel-pearson-dismisses-islam-slimani-talk

"If there has been a bid gone in I know nothing about it," he said, quoted in the Leicester Mercury.

"It is pretty cold, that one. In terms of hot or cold that one is freezing."

I remember when Pearson was asked about him by Stringer, he wouldn't normally comment on transfers but did on this occasion.

Yes I was looking for that one. Mentioned that a few times on here myself, one of the big reasons I never believed the link 100%. Pearson rarely commented on transfers, to actually rubbish a link like that said a lot.

I think he's a good player but it was a terrible signing. With Vardy and Slimani we have two goalscorers (you know what I mean) who rose up through the leagues but that was mostly due to their determination because neither of them are the most technically accomplished players. 

9 minutes ago, Babylon said:

As I mention above, being scouted two years ago might have been fine. 1/3 of the price at most, less expectation. Are we going for old links, despite the fact they and us had moved on and they no long represent value? You have to admit it's worrying we didn't go for him when Walsh was here (there was a buy out clause less that what we paid we're told), then Walsh goes and we chuck in a last minute bid higher than what we'd have needed to pay earlier in the season.

If our team was actually performing he'd be getting 12-15 goals a year at least if you ask me, he's lacking technique but he's pretty good at finding himself in the right position. £30m is silly money, but it's hard to judge fairly when every single player is total rubbish.

As I said if your team was performing 12-15 goals would be only in 2-3 Months. He would get way more than that believe me.

Archived