Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tielemans63

Slimani

20 hours ago, Babylon said:

Shouldn't be a £30m players as he's technically quite poor I think, but he's just one of those that will get you goals. Gets in decent positions and is a handful around the 5 yard box.

Playing Vardy just means the players have an excuse to hoof it. At least with Slimani they can play it up to him and he can bring it down and bring people into play rather than the defenders just clearing it.

5 hours ago, Fennec-Fox said:

Some Stats :

With Slimani in the starting eleven LCFC has won 5 games from 8 avreging 2pts per game.

Without Slimani in the starting 11 LCFC has won only 2 games from 12 avreging 0.63pts per game.

In 10 Games all competition Slimani has scored 5 times and assisted twice in 703min... which means he is involved in a goal every 100 min.

If he doesn't start vs Sunderland then there is not much point in watching then. Except I will watch from behind the sofa as the 1505135th long ball is cleared away.

He's 6'2" but jumps 5'3"! Wants to wrestle the centre half rather than out jump him. However he is quicker than he looks,does sniff out goals and is our best bet to partner Vardy in a 3-5-2 ala great escape season Riyad off the touch line behind them. We still need 2 up top the teams that play with one have midfielders who score we do not.

2 hours ago, lgfualol said:

If he doesn't start vs Sunderland then there is not much point in watching then. Except I will watch from behind the sofa as the 1505135th long ball is cleared away.

You must love the old Albrighton 'cut in onto his right foot and give it to their defender' routine.

1 hour ago, ceebeefox said:

He's 6'2" but jumps 5'3"! Wants to wrestle the centre half rather than out jump him. However he is quicker than he looks,does sniff out goals and is our best bet to partner Vardy in a 3-5-2 ala great escape season Riyad off the touch line behind them. We still need 2 up top the teams that play with one have midfielders who score we do not.

He is not bad at 1v1s in the air, he just picks and choose his battles, (I think he is getting 2.3 1v1s a game ) and he would rather make the CB get it back to us in the midfield rather then heading it to no one

9 minutes ago, the fox said:

He is not bad at 1v1s in the air, he just picks and choose his battles, (I think he is getting 2.3 1v1s a game ) and he would rather make the CB get it back to us in the midfield rather then heading it to no one

I think someone should break it to him that we're an unconventional team with no midfield.

10 minutes ago, filbertway said:

I think someone should break it to him that we're an unconventional team with no midfield.

And that is the problem, if we could have a CM that feasts on that kind of play (a la kantè) we could be a legit 4 to 7 team . and we could be playing for a European spot

4 minutes ago, the fox said:

And that is the problem, if we could have a CM that feasts on that kind of play (a la kantè) we could be a legit 4 to 7 team . and we could be playing for a European spot

Its hard when we're playing the 3rd and 4th choice midfielders at the same time.

6 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Just sticks it in the back of net with his head instead 

I didn't say he misses chances. Just watch him and you will see he doesn't compete with defenders when the ball is kicked up. If he can improve on that we will hold on to the ball a lot more 

2 hours ago, FLAN said:

I didn't say he misses chances. Just watch him and you will see he doesn't compete with defenders when the ball is kicked up. If he can improve on that we will hold on to the ball a lot more 

To be honest how often do you see a flick on successfully reach a team-mate? He's a clever player, generally when he gets the ball he looks to get it out wide and quick.

He scores a lot of headers but he doesn't win duels.

He's great at making space and runs to get on the end of crosses with his head - look at his goals for us so far, all free headers.

If you lump it forward to him, he won't many headers against a CB. 

This isn't me criticising btw, just pointing that out.  You can be a threat in the box with your head and be bad in aerial duels at the same time.

12 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

He's great at making space and runs to get on the end of crosses with his head - look at his goals for us so far, all free headers.

This isn't me criticising btw, just pointing that out.  You can be a threat in the box with your head and be bad in aerial duels at the same time.

'If you lump it forward to him he won't win many headers' this is a big factor. All of the balls up to him are straight long ball lumps, there aren't (m)any strikers in the premier league that would win those sort of duels against premier league centre halves, let alone be able to hold those balls up and bring them in to play. If slimani can't do that then what chance do vardy and Okazaki have.

when delivery is good Slimani will win headers and hold the ball up, but currently no striker in the premier league would be able to effectively work with the service our midfield and defence provide, it is absolutely horrific

7 hours ago, Struwwelpeter60 said:

He certainly is an asset, although his technical skills are rather limited.

My only concern is, that he has already missed more games (4), due to

injury, than Huth and Morgan together during the last 20 months.

No joke.

He only missed the game against Watford because of an injury (groin).

7 hours ago, ZeGuy said:

He only missed the game against Watford because of an injury (groin).

Not true.

He missed also the game at WHL, the game

in Copenhagen and the game against Brugge at the

KP. All due to a "slight groin injury".

In case, that you do not trust my word/memory:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/leicesters-islam-slimani-champions-league-9174786

http://www.lcfc.com/news/article/2016-17/slimani-to-miss-club-brugge-clash-3428931.aspx 

16 hours ago, Stevosevic said:

He's not like benteke or Andy Carroll who will win 100% of there duels but I think he offers more to the team. For example, his pressing and touch. But his positioning in the box is great so if we can can get balls with quality into the box he will score lots of goals.

1 hour ago, Struwwelpeter60 said:

Not true.

He missed also the game at WHL, the game

in Copenhagen and the game against Brugge at the

KP. All due to a "slight groin injury".

In case, that you do not trust my word/memory:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/leicesters-islam-slimani-champions-league-9174786

http://www.lcfc.com/news/article/2016-17/slimani-to-miss-club-brugge-clash-3428931.aspx 

Forgot about WHL and I had the PL in mind. Still only two PL games and the CL came in between. Groin injuries are minor but can be tenacious and must treated with care. But by reading your post one would think he's made of marzipan.

1 hour ago, ZeGuy said:

But by reading your post one would think he's made of marzipan.

He missed 4 games, because of injury, since he  joined LCFC.

I was only stating an undeniable fact.

But before any misunderstandings can arise: I

like his "don't mess with me" attitude on the pitch.

He and Huth  should get along very well.

They have a lot in common.

Archived