Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tielemans63

Slimani

1 hour ago, the fox said:

It has that 80 psy-fi feeling to it. 

@benn knows his Blade Runner !

As for Slim, I'm very impressed with him so far. I think his attitude should put some of our established players (who sometimes seem to take their place in the starting lineup for granted) to shame. It was especially evident in last game vs Boro, I love this kind of warrior mentality. I'm still looking forward to see his on the pitch partnership with Mahrez being developed. I was expecting a bit more from Riyad in that regard, but well... it'll come.

1 hour ago, Loves2spooge said:

Legends has it that on christmas night Slimani's head flies over the world scoring goals , every goal scored erases a bit of humanity's sins 

praise our great lord and saviour 

"Ho ho ho, do you want a present?. But you where a bad kid.so, here is a header instead...... POW !!!!!"

27 minutes ago, Chester Dontlie said:

@benn knows his Blade Runner !

As for Slim, I'm very impressed with him so far. I think his attitude should put some of our established players (who sometimes seem to take their place in the starting lineup for granted) to shame. It was especially evident in last game vs Boro, I love this kind of warrior mentality. I'm still looking forward to see his on the pitch partnership with Mahrez being developed. I was expecting a bit more from Riyad in that regard, but well... it'll come.

The sporting fans did not hype him up for no reason. He could do more as a starter. He is the kind of player that makes you think after  a match to your self "I can go to sleep knowing that we have a player hitting the ground running like it is his last time playing football" And I am one of the few people that have yet to give up on the slim-vardy partnership

4 minutes ago, the fox said:

The sporting fans did not hype him up for no reason. He could do more as a starter. He is the kind of player that makes you think after  a match to your self "I can go to sleep knowing that we have a player hitting the ground running like it is his last time playing football" And I am one of the few people that have yet to give up on the slim-vardy partnership

I'm on the Shinji-Slim side here but I'd like to see CR try something like this at home against a weaker opposition: 

Zieler

Simpson---Morgan---Fuchs

Amartey---Mendy/King

Mahrez---Shinji---Moose

Slim---Vards

I know it probably won't ever happen;)

10 minutes ago, Chester Dontlie said:

I'm on the Shinji-Slim side here but I'd like to see CR try something like this at home against a weaker opposition: 

Zieler

Simpson---Morgan---Fuchs

Amartey---Mendy/King

Mahrez---Shinji---Moose

Slim---Vards

That line up would get seriously exposed

4 hours ago, Chester Dontlie said:

Zieler

Simpson---Morgan---Fuchs

Amartey---Mendy/King

Mahrez---Shinji---Moose

Slim---Vards

Why, in your hypothesis would you leave out drinkwater?

Unless of course you're classing Man City as the weaker opposition? 

In that case I say fair play to you .

In all honesty I don't even know where to start on that formation lol 

6 hours ago, Chester Dontlie said:

Zieler

Simpson---Morgan---Fuchs

Amartey---Mendy/King

Mahrez---Shinji---Moose

Slim---Vards

This is the permatation, I also have been waiting for. With DD or Shinji...or  DD/Amartey , being the Rotation.According to necessities.

11 hours ago, truebluethroughandthrough said:

Why, in your hypothesis would you leave out drinkwater?

Unless of course you're classing Man City as the weaker opposition? 

In that case I say fair play to you .

In all honesty I don't even know where to start on that formation lol 

Obviously I wouldn't leave out Drinky, cant wait till he'll be back in the squad :D If Drinky and Mendy are back, then of course I would put them both in the middle. This above formation is based on the current situation/availability.

Are you still a fan of 4-4-2 ? :) I just want the lads to play some positive, offensive football and have some breakthrough game. That's why there's Moose instead of Albrighton (who is out of form anyway). Its not like our defense are earning their pizza these days... At the very least I'd like to see more than couple goal attempts in the whole game.

• 2 weeks later...

I hope that whatever player we bring in to the midfield and it looks like it will be Ndidi has a good shot on them. He must be a CM's dream as some of his layoffs/holding up play are just begging to be put in to the top corner like King on Sat although I still don't see King as anything more than a squad player unfortunately,

I must confess that I argued for starting with Vardy on the bench on Saturday, with Okazaki and Slimani starting.  This is one of many reasons why I'm not a football manager.  I think I saw more than enough to persist with Slimani and Vardy starting together, with Okazaki on the bench.  I am not down on Musa particularly, but I can't see how he gets into our starting XI if we've got a fully fit side.

He looked aboslutely shattered on Saturday and no wonder. He ran like a man obsessed. Right now, this energy is great, but I can see him trying too hard sometimes. When on top of his game, Vardy is masterful at knowing when to press at full tilt and when to fall back. Slim could learn a bit from Vards there, because if we can get him to play 90 minutes instead of 60/70 minutes a game, it could prove crucial.

I loved how much he cared about missing that header late first half, but next time he might actually hurt himself slamming the ground like that :P

7 minutes ago, shen said:

I loved how much he cared about missing that header late first half, but next time he might actually hurt himself slamming the ground like that :P

The ground staff have been working night and day to try and repair the crater,,,,lol

1 hour ago, shen said:

He looked aboslutely shattered on Saturday and no wonder. He ran like a man obsessed. Right now, this energy is great, but I can see him trying too hard sometimes. When on top of his game, Vardy is masterful at knowing when to press at full tilt and when to fall back. Slim could learn a bit from Vards there, because if we can get him to play 90 minutes instead of 60/70 minutes a game, it could prove crucial.

maybe he could inherit Vards' lucky blue cast lol

3 hours ago, hornyhollthefox123 said:

4 goals and 3 assists in the league so far meaning he's been involved in a goal every 88 minutes he's been on the pitch! Not bad for someone who's only just settling in.

Imagine how good he could be when we start creating more chances again!

The only other players that I can find with more than 1 goal or assist per 90 minutes so far this season are Diego Costa and Alexis Sanchez. Here's our Slimani compared to some of the other "top strikers" in the league this season.

a98a879a78.jpg

51 minutes ago, halfpipe said:

The only other players that I can find with more than 1 goal or assist per 90 minutes so far this season are Diego Costa and Alexis Sanchez. Here's our Slimani compared to some of the other "top strikers" in the league this season.

a98a879a78.jpg

Really good considering he hasn't played as the main striker. 

Archived