Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
kingcarr21

Final Fantasy XV

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:
19 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

anyone played the new one then yet? initial thoughts?

I started it. Didn't get very far but initial thoughts are that it looks amazing graphically. The battle system seems decent but need to really get my teeth into it. The levelling up system is something i need to get my head around. 

Looks decent enough and i am looking forward to the story really kicking off as i have no idea what its about.

(Also not sure why my post still quotes Finnegan. Couldn't remove the box so hopefully it will stop after this post)

Pretty desperate to try this but currently got a huge back log of games to finish, refusing to buy anything else until I've at least finished mafia 3, only played it twice and then I got my PSVR and all I've done is play VR games since then. Finding it difficult to get excited about normal games at the moment :dry:

On 11/30/2016 at 09:44, Finnegan said:

X has my favourite system of the games from about 5 to 12, I've not played anything after that. I really liked the sphere grid.

Tidus and Tuna annoyed me a little but it was otherwise a pretty great game.

I just absolutely fell in love with the world of 8 though. It caught me at about the right age to completely fall for the teen angst of Squall and his awkward romance with Rinoa, though. To date it's my favourite romantic subplot in a game or even film, mostly because he spends 95% of it going "... Ugh."

Top stuff, Square. Tidus was way too gushy in contrast.

Nailed it there, Finners. I was exactly the same. I got completely immersed in it. In fact, to the point where I can remember buying a pair of shoes for school because they were similar to the ones Squall wore in the game. 

I loved how 'realistic' it was in comparison to any FF that had preceded it, too... You know, with flying schools, and teenagers blasting off into space and stuff.

I think they just captured a certain zeitgeist with that one. Everyone I know of a similar age who played it absolutely loves it, yet the gaming press at the time were all a bit "...whatever" :ph34r:

5 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

Nailed it there, Finners. I was exactly the same. I got completely immersed in it. In fact, to the point where I can remember buying a pair of shoes for school because they were similar to the ones Squall wore in the game. 

I loved how 'realistic' it was in comparison to any FF that had preceded it, too... You know, with flying schools, and teenagers blasting off into space and stuff.

I think they just captured a certain zeitgeist with that one. Everyone I know of a similar age who played it absolutely loves it, yet the gaming press at the time were all a bit "...whatever" :ph34r:

That's not really true, it's got a metacritic score of 90. It was just viewed as inferior to VII by the press, and given the press lapped up VII and proclaimed it one of the best things in Video Gaming ever that's hardly a surprise. 

16 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

So much to play at the minute. Want FFXV and fallout 4. Fallout 4 wasn't GOTY so presumably it won't get a Goty edition. Anyone think they will bring out a comple (goty style) edition of fallout 4 including all dlc ?

Wait til January sales, it'll probably be in.

I got it in the steam autumn sales with the season pass also at a massive discount.

That's basically buying a goty edition.

Fair point. Forgot about season pass.

ill probably do the same for ffxv I guess so will be waiting a bit for that to come down too 

for or now I'll focus on not sucking at bf1. I've really struggled to go from mouse aim to analogue stick. 

Cheers tho Finners 

Am i the only one playing this? I'm loving it. Only just found out about 'wait mode'. Makes for a more strategic battle system. 

This is basically what FF13 should have been. A massive open world with loads to do. I am level 25 and have barely touched the main story.

40 minutes ago, kingcarr21 said:

Am i the only one playing this? I'm loving it. Only just found out about 'wait mode'. Makes for a more strategic battle system. 

This is basically what FF13 should have been. A massive open world with loads to do. I am level 25 and have barely touched the main story.

Shame not a lot of it is particularly interesting though.

Go to A get mission, Go to X, Kill/Fetch/Find/Repair Y, Go back to A. 

Without giving anything away I am for the moment stuck on the main quest will be probably get back to some more thrilling side quests soon in order to remain ridic OP lol 

2 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Shame not a lot of it is particularly interesting though.

Go to A get mission, Go to X, Kill/Fetch/Find/Repair Y, Go back to A. 

Without giving anything away I am for the moment stuck on the main quest will be probably get back to some more thrilling side quests soon in order to remain ridic OP lol 

I just love fishing lol 

The game finally arrived this week, and I've had the chance of roaming the initial area for a bit.

The battle system feels rather hectic at first, it's all about button-smashing. However, the longer you play, the better you find into it. And there's nuances and some great options you can include during fights, such as the your three friends' special moves or the teleport attack(s).

Still need to get used to the leveling-up system - it's a bit a pain in the arse that you can only gain levels after fights when camping or resting at an inn or the likes.

I can see why some people have complained about the lack of story - monster hunter money, being the main source of income, means you're stuck in the same area for a prolonged period of time before it is cleared and you can move on. This stretches the main plot quite a bit.

2 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

The game finally arrived this week, and I've had the chance of roaming the initial area for a bit.

The battle system feels rather hectic at first, it's all about button-smashing. However, the longer you play, the better you find into it. And there's nuances and some great options you can include during fights, such as the your three friends' special moves or the teleport attack(s).

Still need to get used to the leveling-up system - it's a bit a pain in the arse that you can only gain levels after fights when camping or resting at an inn or the likes.

I can see why some people have complained about the lack of story - monster hunter money, being the main source of income, means you're stuck in the same area for a prolonged period of time before it is cleared and you can move on. This stretches the main plot quite a bit.

Yea the fighting system takes a little getting used to. If you change it from Active to Wait mode it makes it much easier to fight. There are loads of items around that you can sell if you are short of Gil.

I quite like the fact you have to use the Inn's and Camp to level up. At night its a nightmare with strong monsters coming out so it gives you a purpose to always use camp. 

Couple of tips. You will use the car and Chocobo a lot to roam around. There is a skill to unlock that allows you to gain AP and EXP. Get them and over the course of the game you will earn loads. 

Also get Ignis ability Regroup ASAP. Its a lifesaver and i reckon i will use it all game. 

Also you can fast travel in the car for 10 gil. Not much but with money not being readily available its better to just travel and take in the scenery and gain the AP and EXP (if you have the patience)

I played last night and went from level 25-30. Main Quest is for a level 10. I've simply just carried on doing the side quests. Not everyone's cup of tea (A lot of go here, pick this up and bring it back) but that doesn't bother me.

Gonna smash it tonight, Wife is out for Next Xmas Party. Will do more of the main quest as the side quests are now in an area i cant access yet

19 minutes ago, kingcarr21 said:

Yea the fighting system takes a little getting used to. If you change it from Active to Wait mode it makes it much easier to fight. There are loads of items around that you can sell if you are short of Gil.

I quite like the fact you have to use the Inn's and Camp to level up. At night its a nightmare with strong monsters coming out so it gives you a purpose to always use camp. 

Couple of tips. You will use the car and Chocobo a lot to roam around. There is a skill to unlock that allows you to gain AP and EXP. Get them and over the course of the game you will earn loads. 

Also get Ignis ability Regroup ASAP. Its a lifesaver and i reckon i will use it all game. 

Also you can fast travel in the car for 10 gil. Not much but with money not being readily available its better to just travel and take in the scenery and gain the AP and EXP (if you have the patience)

I played last night and went from level 25-30. Main Quest is for a level 10. I've simply just carried on doing the side quests. Not everyone's cup of tea (A lot of go here, pick this up and bring it back) but that doesn't bother me.

Gonna smash it tonight, Wife is out for Next Xmas Party. Will do more of the main quest as the side quests are now in an area i cant access yet

You're massively OP, you could probably get through about 4 chapters with little worry holding 0 to win.

This is another gripe I have, the games so bloody easy, of the main series the only game that is getting close to it in ease of difficulty is II. The Side quests alone are enough to get your level way above where you need to be to do the main quests, while I called them a bit simplistic the Side Quests are much more entertaining than grinding random encounters which would classicaly be how you would achieve higher levels. 

I thought it was great being able to listen to FF soundtracks in the car journeys. Until i found a bloke selling an MP3 player at Galdin Quay. Now i can listen to the soundtracks whilst running around. 

I agree it is easy but i have come across bosses that are absolute tanks that have killed me in 1 swipe. Right near the start in a Mine there was a boss that was level 56. I was level 8 and i couldn't escape so got mullered lol 

You know SquareEnix are doing this on purpose - more DLC and updates to come:

Final Fantasy XV is treating fans to some DLC goodies over the holiday season. Final Fantasy XV Director Hajime Tabata confirmed to Japanese site Gamer what’s next for Square Enix’s latest hit.

Tabata shared the studio’s short and long-term goals to release content to enrich the FinalFantasy XV gameplay experience. The DLC list includes the following, according to a translation of the Gamer article on Neogaf:

Final Fantasy XV Holiday Pack
Final Fantasy XV Booster Pack
Final Fantasy XV Episode Gladiolus
Final Fantasy XV Episode Ignis
Final Fantasy XV Episode Prompto
Final Fantasy XV Online Expansion Pack: Companion

Tabata has yet to confirm the release date for the DLC content, but fans can expect the Holiday pack soon. Fans can also expect an update to Chapter 13 in the immediate future. Tabata mentioned “enhancements such as increasing the power of the ring’s magic.” This chapter has drawn criticism from Final Fantasy fans on the FFXV subreddit and elsewhere, who feel let down by the section’s linear gameplay and excessive use of jump scares.

There will also be new event scenes added in the second half of Final Fantasy XV , new playable characters in the main game and a possible avatar system to create original characters. Check out Tabata’s full plan for the Final Fantasy XV updates below.

Short-term goals

First, we will update the experience of Chapter 13’s gameplay. For that reason, we are undertaking many enhancements such as increasing the power of the ring’s magic. We will inform you of the details of updated content at a later time.

Mid-term goals

Updating the production of the second half of the game, further enhancing the experience of the story. For example, we are planning to add event scenes where “What happened to Ravus?” was from. In addition to the event scenes, voice responses and localization work to all languages will occur so we will work firmly on this as a mid-term goal. Details of the plan will be announced once it’s decided.

Long-term goals

We will make it possible to use important characters that appeared in the main game as playable characters. We will also consider adding an avatar system to create original characters. In addition to this, we will continue to actively update so that various players can enjoy Final Fantasy XV for a long time.

Hopefully the story “enhancements” mean the second half of the game won’t leave players feeling a bit rushed. A common complaint in the Final Fantasy XV subreddit is the second half of the game is lacking story content compared to the first part. Tabata has assured fans the team is actively working on improving the game.The planned expansion of the roster of playable characters is also sure to please fans eager to see more of characters like Cor, Aranea and Iris.  

http://www.idigitaltimes.com/final-fantasy-15-dlc-will-update-chapter-13-expand-story-add-playable-characters-572695

Personally, I'd love to see some more summons. Six is pretty weak - especially given the fact that I think two of them only appear once late in the game and the rest can only be called upon under special circumstances. :(

Archived