Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
kingcarr21

Final Fantasy XV

Just now, kingcarr21 said:

Yea i've not tried to go back yet. I assume those doors i've come across in dungeons that say I cant open are doors that open post story?

I've currently got photography to level 10 but the others are around level 6. I really like the fishing side quests. I will be back on it tonight.

I did decide to go into a dungeon ( if I remember correctly it was where the headlights were that you mentioned earlier) I went round for ages and couldn't find them but I did stumble on a door with 4 locks. Thought yea ill find the keys to unlock. Did that and came across a level 50 boss. I thought shit I haven't saved it for ages but I managed to beat it. That was borderline difficult but the rest of the game has been piss easy lol 

You should have found the headlights they are right near one of the switches.....put the quest on the quest marker should lead you right o them. 

Depends what Dungeon if your on about that one deep in the tower that only opens up at night no I was there last night was still closed. 

I did one fishing quest last night then just fished trying to increase the level, I've got a couple of new ? on my map so I am assuming there is a second quest in a different location, sort of put off fishing but it was a nice change just to sit there doing something different last night which is what a mini game is all about I guess. 

These new side quests actually are a bit harder, I've actually got a level 65 one now for a legendary weapon which should be interesting. 

3 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

The Level 55+ dungeons you can access once you've finished are a great idea, keep the suspense and anticipation up to a top level. Finished the first and it was a bit of a chore, as you don't get a proper map and it's highly irritating in terms of level design (repetitive). But the rewards make up for it (despite me already being on Level 99 lol).

But I dare you attempt Pitioss Ruins. If you beat that maze, you can really pat yourself on the back. It's the epitome of frustration in good old Mega Man fashion. I'll luckily never have to go back to that place. 

No interest what so ever lol 

Level 99 lol Abusing XP boost and 3 X XP hotel no doubt. 

1 minute ago, Manwell Pablo said:

No interest what so ever lol 

Level 99 lol Abusing XP boost and 3 X XP hotel no doubt. 

Hey, it's legal doping and let the Moogle Charm work for you. lol I did go back to Altissia twice for the 3x EXP boost, yes. But that was already late into the game and before I knew the option existed. Used to head back to Galdin Bay for the 2x boost more often than that.

Also, finally managed to summon Leviathan for the first time ever.

5 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

You should have found the headlights they are right near one of the switches.....put the quest on the quest marker should lead you right o them. 

Depends what Dungeon if your on about that one deep in the tower that only opens up at night no I was there last night was still closed. 

I did one fishing quest last night then just fished trying to increase the level, I've got a couple of new ? on my map so I am assuming there is a second quest in a different location, sort of put off fishing but it was a nice change just to sit there doing something different last night which is what a mini game is all about I guess. 

These new side quests actually are a bit harder, I've actually got a level 65 one now for a legendary weapon which should be interesting. 

I spent about an hour going around the dungeon. I had the quest marker up but couldn't find my way to it. I thought I needed to drop a ladder so I ended up going all around the whole dungeon and did everything else before I stumbled on the headlights right near the start lol I wasn't amused. I remember leaving the dungeon with about 30000 exp so stayed in a x2 hotel and went up about 4 levels in 1 go

11 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

The Level 55+ dungeons you can access once you've finished are a great idea, keep the suspense and anticipation up to a top level. Finished the first and it was a bit of a chore, as you don't get a proper map and it's highly irritating in terms of level design (repetitive). But the rewards make up for it (despite me already being on Level 99 lol).

But I dare you attempt Pitioss Ruins. If you beat that maze, you can really pat yourself on the back. It's the epitome of frustration in good old Mega Man fashion. I'll luckily never have to go back to that place. 

Pitioss ruins ill have to remember that. Is that accessible after the story?

4 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

Pitioss ruins ill have to remember that. Is that accessible after the story?

Yes.

You can listen to a conversation through a window in the eastern part of Lestallum at night, then head over to Ravatagh for some additional information on the location - but you can get there directly. Provided you've upgraded the car already, you'll find the landing strip Northeast of the volcano. 

39 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Yes.

EDIT: How do you add spoiler tags again? I can't find the option in the post menu! lol

type

at the beginning and end of the paragraph you want hidden

lol ffs it didn't work. type spoiler in a block bracket [           ]

starting to think I should start doing some story quests on mine after just focusing on exploration. Currently level 46 at the start of chapter 3.

I got the bottom of the dungeon that only opens at night (thanks to a food boost that boosts attack if opposition is higher level) but wimped out at the end as I had 35,000 xp and some nice gear. That bumped me up about 10 levels each.

32 minutes ago, glenny_fox said:

starting to think I should start doing some story quests on mine after just focusing on exploration. Currently level 46 at the start of chapter 3.

I got the bottom of the dungeon that only opens at night (thanks to a food boost that boosts attack if opposition is higher level) but wimped out at the end as I had 35,000 xp and some nice gear. That bumped me up about 10 levels each.

I was the same. Just went round doing all the side quests and was a high level really early. You get to a point where the side quests you cant do unless you progress the story.

Have you done a chocobo race yet? I haven't found where to go. I assume its at the forest but I never bothered looking

1 hour ago, kingcarr21 said:

I was the same. Just went round doing all the side quests and was a high level really early. You get to a point where the side quests you cant do unless you progress the story.

Have you done a chocobo race yet? I haven't found where to go. I assume its at the forest but I never bothered looking

Nope, haven't found them yet. I have finished all of the Chocobo side quests so it's not related to that. I think it will appear as a side quest later on in the game as you'd assume they would signpost it otherwise.

Went on last night starting at Chapter 10. Took me 10 minutes to work out how to kill Malboro lol 

Then within like 30 minutes I reached the dreaded chapter 13. Not sure why they didn't make 11 and 12 just 1 chapter. So short. Also Biggs and Wedge are quite dull in this FF game.

So i've made a start on Chapter 13 and not got too far (made it to the 2nd rest point). I wont pass judgement until i've finished chapter 13 as I have no idea how long it goes on for but so far it's ok. Will look to play again tonight.

18 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

Chocobo races take place right opposite the Chocobo farm - you'll find a booth just across the street.

I suggest you rent Chocobos first and then use them for a prolonged period of time to level up. Helps with the races.

25 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Chocobo races take place right opposite the Chocobo farm - you'll find a booth just across the street.

I suggest you rent Chocobos first and then use them for a prolonged period of time to level up. Helps with the races.

I haven't even looked for the race tbh. My chocobo is currently level 5. I tend to take the Regalia everywhere. Will I go back to the open world section at some point in the story before the end or do I have to use that item to go back? ( I cant remember what the item is lol )

1 minute ago, kingcarr21 said:

I haven't even looked for the race tbh. My chocobo is currently level 5. I tend to take the Regalia everywhere. Will I go back to the open world section at some point in the story before the end or do I have to use that item to go back? ( I cant remember what the item is lol )

No item needed to go back. Simply head to an camper, motel or hotel and you'll be given the option with Umbra there. Should be available from Chapter 14 onwards, I think.

14 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Reveal hidden contents

No item needed to go back. Simply head to an camper, motel or hotel and you'll be given the option with Umbra there. Should be available from Chapter 14 onwards, I think.

Reveal hidden contents

I received an item (or maybe it was Umbras ability) that allowed me to go back. I got that around chapter 8 I think. But it did say in (I think) chapter 10 that Umbra was unavailable for the time being so I assume once I get to chapter 14 Umbra will be available again. I want to go back to Altissia and do more exploring as well

Well i sat down last night and thought lets get through chapter 13 and see what all the fuss is about.

Meh don't see what the problem is. Was nice to have a bit of stealth and sneaking around. It was a bit long winded but not really anything to moan about. I am level 57 so every fight was a piece of piss. I saved it and turned it off when I arrived at Golden Quay at the start of chapter 14. I assume Chapter 15 is the final chapter with there being only 2 hidden trophies left in the list. Still really enjoying the game and keep thinking about going back to Lucis or Altissia but then I don't bother and just want to get the story done then go round Lucis and Altissia afterwards

25 minutes ago, kingcarr21 said:

Well i sat down last night and thought lets get through chapter 13 and see what all the fuss is about.

Reveal hidden contents

Meh don't see what the problem is. Was nice to have a bit of stealth and sneaking around. It was a bit long winded but not really anything to moan about. I am level 57 so every fight was a piece of piss. I saved it and turned it off when I arrived at Golden Quay at the start of chapter 14. I assume Chapter 15 is the final chapter with there being only 2 hidden trophies left in the list. Still really enjoying the game and keep thinking about going back to Lucis or Altissia but then I don't bother and just want to get the story done then go round Lucis and Altissia afterwards

Reveal hidden contents

lol it's just horribly dull, and long. But yes I agree not as bad as some make out.

15 is after the game 14 is the last one. 

Got the 80 Sidequests now, just two more royal arms the tortoise and a lot of fishing to go lol 

Just now, Manwell Pablo said:

lol it's just horribly dull, and long. But yes I agree not as bad as some make out.

Got the 80 Sidequests now, just two more royal arms the tortoise and a lot of fishing to go lol 

Oh ok I had a feeling I was coming towards the end. I assume 15 you can go to Lucis and Altissia as and when?

I got the trophy for 80 sidequests ages ago lol 

tortoise??

6 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Oh, let me just say there are more special and tough monsters you can encounter. ;)

All I'm saying is Randolph.

And extra dungeons.

Just now, MC Prussian said:

Oh, let me just say there are more special and tough monsters you can encounter. ;)

All I'm saying is Randolph.

And extra dungeons.

Oh I want me trophies then I'm out, The Last Guardian is calling lol 

4 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Oh I want me trophies then I'm out, The Last Guardian is calling lol 

You're just a crap completionist! lol

Doing the extra dungeons is a bit of a letdown, the level-design underwhelming (and deliberately irritating).

Done all of Randolph's extra missions.

I have the feeling once you've done it all, there's only New Game+ to look forward to. And the DLC.

1 minute ago, MC Prussian said:

You're just a crap completionist! lol

Doing the extra dungeons is a bit of a letdown, the level-design underwhelming (and deliberately irritating).

Done all of Randolph's extra missions.

I have the feeling once you've done it all, there's only New Game+ to look forward to. And the DLC.

No desire to do everything in this game sorry, it's just not that good. 

1 minute ago, Manwell Pablo said:

No desire to do everything in this game sorry, it's just not that good. 

Fair enough. I don't think FF XV is bad, on the contrary. But let me say it could've been a lot better and promises something it can't keep - a larger portion of it feels as if it was rather quickly assembled, especially from Chapter 9 onwards.

1 minute ago, MC Prussian said:

Fair enough. I don't think FF XV is bad, on the contrary. But let me say it could've been a lot better and promises something it can't keep - a larger portion of it feels as if it was rather quickly assembled, especially from Chapter 9 onwards.

I love it but I wouldn't have it up there with the likes of 7,8 and 9. Like you said from Chapter 9 onwards its kinda gone FF13 with it being so linear. Shame as I was loving all the exploration at the start. I mean yes I can go back at anytime but more areas similar to altissia would have been nice.

Also where the hell is Carbuncle? I played the demo so it said that I had unlocked Carbuncle. Have I missed something?

Archived