Karljohn

Last 16 Tickets

541 posts in this topic

Gold member having paid up for all 3 group games...anyone else hoping that the club give additional priority over gold members who didn't attend any games but undoubtedly will if we land one of the big guns.

25 minutes ago, Karljohn said:

Gold member having paid up for all 3 group games...anyone else hoping that the club give additional priority over gold members who didn't attend any games but undoubtedly will if we land one of the big guns.

I am a gold member aswell and I checked my loyalty points on lcfcdirect.com. funnily  enough I bought the three Home package and got no points but I went to Copenhagen away and got 1 Loyalty point ??

When they made 250 Copenhagen away tickets available it was his first come first serve basis with no regard to those gold members who had been to the previous European matches or not.

3 minutes ago, coolcol said:

I am a gold member aswell and I checked my loyalty points on lcfcdirect.com. funnily  enough I bought the three Home package and got no points but I went to Copenhagen away and got 1 Loyalty point ??

When they made 250 Copenhagen away tickets available it was his first come first serve basis with no regard to those gold members who had been to the previous European matches or not.

Home games are not considered under loyalty schemes, only away games.

You make a good point though, there could be a system for non-STH based on how many home games they have been and therefore they get priority over non-STH who have been to no games at home yet.

34 minutes ago, coolcol said:

What do you expect? Clearly have never been a member before and just jumped onto the bandwagon if you didn't know that points are only for away games and priority :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Karljohn said:

I'm hoping they will but I'm not holding my breath. 

They can't handle the current points system never mind breaking it down even further.

Better get some long johns and a sleeping bag

No chance lol know loads who didn't do the three, but will if we draw a good team:thumbup:

2 hours ago, Karljohn said:

They should do.

They wont though. 

People who bought the 3 game package should get priority for the last 16 regardless of your ticket status. 

6 hours ago, DB11 said:

What do you expect? Clearly have never been a member before and just jumped onto the bandwagon if you didn't know that points are only for away games and priority :rolleyes:

Well theres a prejudgment and a half !

I have been going to city games for 28 years now and been a member for quite a number of those years....not once have I needed membership loyalty points for any city match, but membership has helped me gain priority over non members for important tickets.

Perhaps you should check things out before you shout your mouth off on the forum.

It would absolutely be the right thing to do. Those that stumped up for the three game package should be given the first opportunity to purchase a ticket for the last 16, regardless of whether they're a STH or City Fox member. Those tickets that are then left should go in normal order (i.e. STH, gold etc). But the club won't do that. It would make too much sense. 

As a silver member last year that had no opportunity to purchase a ticket for the Everton game because the club oversold memberships and now as a gold member who bought the three game package I will be cheesed off to say the least if they screw me over again. But I'm kind of expecting it. 

2 hours ago, rn9013 said:

It would absolutely be the right thing to do. Those that stumped up for the three game package should be given the first opportunity to purchase a ticket for the last 16, regardless of whether they're a STH or City Fox member. Those tickets that are then left should go in normal order (i.e. STH, gold etc). But the club won't do that. It would make too much sense. 

As a silver member last year that had no opportunity to purchase a ticket for the Everton game because the club oversold memberships and now as a gold member who bought the three game package I will be cheesed off to say the least if they screw me over again. But I'm kind of expecting it. 

Playing devil's advocate but what if a season ticket holder couldn't go to 1 or 2 because of circumstances outside their control. You think it would be right for someone who has only been a member this year that has purchased a 3 game package to be given priority over someone who has been a season ticket holder for years and years. Not talking about anyone in particular, just interested in peoples views on that as I think it would be very harsh 

35 minutes ago, 4ever and ever said:

Playing devil's advocate but what if a season ticket holder couldn't go to 1 or 2 because of circumstances outside their control. You think it would be right for someone who has only been a member this year that has purchased a 3 game package to be given priority over someone who has been a season ticket holder for years and years. Not talking about anyone in particular, just interested in peoples views on that as I think it would be very harsh 

Impossible to police the reason someone couldn't / didn't go and it would mean a policy has been put in place for an extreme minority.

Probably gonna sound harsh here to those who are gold memebers etc who did stump up for the 3 game package ahead of others but you could also apply the same sort of logic to any cup competition we are in, but that dont happen. 

I think this is a catch 22. There are arguments for selling to STH first and there are arguments for selling to 3-game package holders first. Either way it will come with benefits/drawbacks.

Judging by previous sales I think if you sell to 3-game package holders and then rest of STH (or vice versa), everyone who wants one will get a ticket. Anyone who is not a STH or had a 3-game package could miss out.

At the end of the day this is what it said under gold memberships when they were advertised:

Second priority on tickets for cup competitions – after Season Ticket Holders*

There would be no deception on the part of the club or "screwing you over" if STH/higher membership levels without 3 game package get first dibs on last 16 tickets.

38 minutes ago, billyn88 said:

At the end of the day this is what it said under gold memberships when they were advertised:

Second priority on tickets for cup competitions – after Season Ticket Holders*

There would be no deception on the part of the club or "screwing you over" if STH/higher membership levels without 3 game package get first dibs on last 16 tickets.

Perhaps 'screwing over' was the wrong term, apologies.

I was merely pointing out that I think I talk for quite a few members when I say that we feel the club have somewhat treated us with a certain level of disdain over the last 12-18 months.

Of course going by the 'letter of the law' the last 16 tickets should, and probably will, be sold with no regard to the sale of the 3 game packages. As you point out the club are perfectly entitled to do this, but I was just trying to point out that having asked members to pay for three games worth of tickets, without even knowing the opposition, it would be nice to acknowledge this level of support by giving those that were there and paid for the 'less glamorous ties' the first opportunity to purchase a ticket for a match against a potential European giant. I do accept of course that this in itself would bring about challenges from STH's, but it's just a point of view.

As I stated in my earlier post, the Everton game left a sour taste in many members' mouths. Not because I/we didn't manage to get a ticket, as people were always going to be left disappointed. But the way we were all charged £40/75 at the beginning of the season, only to find out that tickets for the biggest game in the clubs history wouldn't even get on sale to the vast majority of members because the club had sold too many memberships towards the end of the season as the club cashed in on membership fees as interest in the club peaked. So yes, the club would be doing nothing wrong by selling to STH's that hadn't bought a ticket for the CL group games before members, but equally it would be a nice thing for the club to consider is all I'm trying to say.

8 minutes ago, rn9013 said:

I was merely pointing out that I think I talk for quite a few members when I say that we feel the club have somewhat treated us with a certain level of disdain over the last 12-18 months.

Of course going by the 'letter of the law' the last 16 tickets should, and probably will, be sold with no regard to the sale of the 3 game packages. As you point out the club are perfectly entitled to do this, but I was just trying to point out that having asked members to pay for three games worth of tickets, without even knowing the opposition, it would be nice to acknowledge this level of support by giving those that were there and paid for the 'less glamorous ties' the first opportunity to purchase a ticket for a match against a potential European giant. I do accept of course that this in itself would bring about challenges from STH's, but it's just a point of view.

As I stated in my earlier post, the Everton game left a sour taste in many members' mouths. Not because I/we didn't manage to get a ticket, as people were always going to be left disappointed. But the way we were all charged £40/75 at the beginning of the season, only to find out that tickets for the biggest game in the clubs history wouldn't even get on sale to the vast majority of members because the club had sold too many memberships towards the end of the season as the club cashed in on membership fees as interest in the club peaked. So yes, the club would be doing nothing wrong by selling to STH's that hadn't bought a ticket for the CL group games before members, but equally it would be a nice thing for the club to consider is all I'm trying to say.

As a STH with several friends as members I can understand this to an extent - mainly as you put far more money into the club than I do.

My season ticket comes to £420, a fraction over £22 a game for 19 premier league games. My 3-game UCL package came to £35 a ticket. Once you've paid your £90 gold membership, when you've been to 10 premier league games (at an average of a £35 ticket) you've already paid more than I have. Added to the fact that your 3-game UCL package comes at £55 a ticket for the seat next to me, which is a crazy hike considering you've paid for the privilege of buying tickets, it seems as though the members are pumping a considerable chuck of cash into the club.

I agree that the club can't please everyone, and they are more likely to upset members than STH, however, once the STH sales period is over, considering the demand for the game, I don't see why they couldn't release tickets to members with priority bands for purchasing the package.

12 minutes ago, rn9013 said:

It wasn't the sale of memberships that stopped members getting the Everton tickets, as only silver continued to be on sale and Everton never made it to silver.

The owners of our club gave tickets in large amounts to none English, none STH, none members, so yes we were screwed over.

1 minute ago, FraserSorensen said:

As a STH with several friends as members I can understand this to an extent - mainly as you put far more money into the club than I do.

My season ticket comes to £420, a fraction over £22 a game for 19 premier league games. My 3-game UCL package came to £35 a ticket. Once you've paid your £90 gold membership, when you've been to 10 premier league games (at an average of a £35 ticket) you've already paid more than I have. Added to the fact that your 3-game UCL package comes at £55 a ticket for the seat next to me, which is a crazy hike considering you've paid for the privilege of buying tickets, it seems as though the members are pumping a considerable chuck of cash into the club.

I agree that the club can't please everyone, and they are more likely to upset members than STH, however, once the STH sales period is over, considering the demand for the game, I don't see why they couldn't release tickets to members with priority bands for purchasing the package.

Absolutely agree, and I'm really not advocating that STH's shouldn't be treated with priority. Of course they should.

But like you say, my circumstances (living in Leeds for work) mean that a ST just isn't suitable for me. Yet by the time I have been to 10 PL games (I try to get to at least 10) and one or two cup games with the £90 membership fee and train travel to and from Leeds (obviously this year it has been more than that with the CL being a rather big adventure!) I pay about 50% more than my Dad does for his season ticket. So a little more respect from the club would be appreciated from time to time, and I think this is one way it could be expressed.

Will be interesting to see how much the club are going to **** us for the pleasure of seeing us get dismantled

1 hour ago, Costock_Fox said:

Good news lads, you should be able to get a ticket.

Hahaha nah, everyone will be back when we draw Madrid. 

42 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Hahaha nah, everyone will be back when we draw Madrid. 

I'm getting a selfie with Ronaldo when he celebrates his 7th mate.

2 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

I'm getting a selfie with Ronaldo when he celebrates his 7th mate.

His consolation goal when we have just won 8-7 ??