Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AKCJ

Who do you want? - Jan 2017

Given that the other thread is locked, lets start throwing names about so that we can all get excited and then end Jan thoroughly disappointed.

One player I'd love us to sign is Mario from Villareal. Would instantly upgrade our right back slot and can also fill in at centre half.

Another is Inigo Martinez, ball playing centre half and a leader in defence. I'd like to see us move away from Huth and Morgan (legends though they are) as I'd like to see us playing a nicer brand of football given that the current counter attacking style is pretty much ineffectual without Kante.

Rb, ball playing brute of a CBx 2, ball winning beast cdm, creative cm.... would take any players in said positions if I had to put a name to each... Iorfa, Zouma, Smalling(if it's true Jose wants rid) Keane is more a realistic shout though, Nzonzi and Silva.... aiming slightly high but I feel they're the areas  we need to strengthen, Ndidi sounds like he'll be taking the 1st through the door though so I guess that ticks ball winning cdm off the list, 1 down 4 to go

14 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Given that the other thread is locked, lets start throwing names about so that we can all get excited and then end Jan thoroughly disappointed.

One player I'd love us to sign is Mario from Villareal. Would instantly upgrade our right back slot and can also fill in at centre half.

Another is Inigo Martinez, ball playing centre half and a leader in defence. I'd like to see us move away from Huth and Morgan (legends though they are) as I'd like to see us playing a nicer brand of football given that the current counter attacking style is pretty much ineffectual without Kante.

The fact that our CB our given so much more time on the ball I think it's a must to get a pair in who are comfortable with the ball at there feet as well as defending 

Centre back

Ball winning midfielder

If we're in the position in January though we're suddenly not as appealing as we were in the summer. And teams are going to hold out for more money considering it's January.

Not good.

I would have a serious look at Ilicic at Fiorentina. he's looked pretty decent each time I've seen them play though of course I might only have seen his good games. Also think he might be out of contract in 2017?? We really need some attacking options from midfield which I think he would provide.

2 hours ago, reynard said:

I would have a serious look at Ilicic at Fiorentina. he's looked pretty decent each time I've seen them play though of course I might only have seen his good games. Also think he might be out of contract in 2017?? We really need some attacking options from midfield which I think he would provide.

Looked really good v England a few weeks back 

First off make Drinky captain now.

second if rumours are true Silva and Ndidi are both done deals :)

Third (should have been first but that needed to be said) Two footballing centre backs to play straight away not future players. They both need to be strong and comfortable with the ball. (not look like my Mrs dishing up jkt spuds we have two of them)

Fourth an attacking version of Simpson better still a right back version of Fuchs.

But I suppose we will get two wingers and a striker.

Desperately need a rb who can actually play a pass and take some pressure away from mahrez. Every game Mahrez has 2 or 3 guys on him and we can't take advantage because Simpson is doggo going forward. 

If we have a decent midfield we don't need playmaker cbs with a decent rb and lb. 

Archived