Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AKCJ

Who do you want? - Jan 2017

I'd love to see us put a huge bid in for Van Dijk at Southampton. One of the best CBs in the country. An ambitious but realistic target.

Failing that, back in for Michael Keane or Ben Gibson of Middlesbrough.

4 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

I'd love to see us put a huge bid in for Van Dijk at Southampton. One of the best CBs in the country. An ambitious but realistic target.

Failing that, back in for Michael Keane or Ben Gibson of Middlesbrough.

Van Dijk is being scouted by some of the biggest teams in the county. We don't have a chance of getting him. I think we have to be 10th or above and Burnley in the bottom 3 for us to be able to get Keane.

3 hours ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

Van Dijk is being scouted by some of the biggest teams in the county. We don't have a chance of getting him. I think we have to be 10th or above and Burnley in the bottom 3 for us to be able to get Keane.

Sadly this is the case now with Van Dijk. I posted back in June we should go for him, Iorfa and Fosu Mensa. Would still like us to go for Fosu Mensa though.

11 minutes ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

I agree, Fosu Mensah looks like a top prospect. Trippier,Odubajo are other attacking right back options we should look for.

He looked fantastic the few times I saw him last season, but this season he hasn't had a look in. Him or Trippier would be great.

7 minutes ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

Not a chance we will get Fosu on a permanent. Trippier would be a good buy.

You're probably right, he signed a new contract at United last month. Since we're no longer a threat to the big boys we could get him on loan. Mourinho will no don't splash the cash in Jan, pushing him further down the order.

Just now, sm1 said:

You're probably right, he signed a new contract at United last month. Since we're no longer a threat to the big boys we could get him on loan. Mourinho will no don't splash the cash in Jan, pushing him further down the order.

He looks like a beast at CDM but we already have Mendy,Drinkwater,Amartey and maybe Ndidi that can play there.

38 minutes ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

Micheal Keane-Burnley won't sell. Reid-West ham won't sell. Lewis dunk-Brighton look certain to get promoted and won't sell. 

No matter who we sign in Jan we're going to pay over the odds regardless let's be honest

It's pretty obvious that we're going to be looking at the opposite end of the field to what we were looking at in August.

As well as the obvious in Adrien Silva, I'd say players like Sigurdsson and perhaps even Cabaye would be worth considering from teams that look set to struggle this season and, crucially, these players are good to go in all competitions. 

With regard to the back four, I wouldn't be surprised to see us look abroad for young prospects. Rüdiger from Roma looks an excellent prospect but likely to attract serious attention, while a player like Süle from Hoffenheim may be worth looking at too. 

I'm surprised with haven't looked at Riechedly Bazoer from Ajax.

Hysaj at Napoli? 

Whats Lichsteiners position at Juventus now?

Kondogbia from Inter?

Van Dijk from Southampton.

I'm guessing the ship will have sailed on us signing established / talented players to fill positions due to our poor start. We'll be paying over the odds in an attempt to stay in the Premier League. No one of any real quality would want to join. 

It's frustrating that West Brom and Everton are battling to sign Schneiderlin for around £20m, who's a proven PL player, yet we go and spend that much on an unproven, albeit highly rated teenager.

We also need at least one CB, someone who has pace and can play a ball, an attacking midfielder, I'd love Sigurdsson here and a RB, someone like Bruno Peres, but we may have to wait until the summer for that.

Archived