Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CloudFox

Morgan Schneiderlin

He might not be part of Claudio's long term plan at Leicester (he's quite dissimilar to any previous Claudio signing) or quite fit into the system we currently play (in my opinion) but when a player of his pedigree and experience becomes available bare in mind we are minted, you HAVE to go and get him. Someone like Schneiderlin would help us leaps and bounds.

Got a Soton supporting mate that absolutely raves about him even after he left.

2 hours ago, Tuna said:

WBA bid 13 million for him, come on Ranners put in a bid and get him.

The idea of someone like that going to WBA is hugely depressing for us.

Trying to get the bidding war going, one club had to start it all (or Schneiderlin's agent, for that matter).

I'd be surprised if he goes for anything above £20m. £15m to 17m max.

1 hour ago, MC Prussian said:

Trying to get the bidding war going, one club had to start it all (or Schneiderlin's agent, for that matter).

I'd be surprised if he goes for anything above £20m. £15m to 17m max.

If he is available for that we have to go for him. That's similar money to Ndidi who may well become a great player but is a much bigger gamble than Schneiderlin with proven prem pedigree. 

1 hour ago, Strokes said:

Are you basing that on his two and a half transfer windows at Leicester or his whole career?

Just Leicester there's plenty of players that would come and do a job for us already playing in the premiership. We need players to come in and do a job straight away not take half a season the settle.

1 hour ago, dannythefox said:

Just Leicester there's plenty of players that would come and do a job for us already playing in the premiership. We need players to come in and do a job straight away not take half a season the settle.

Given that we had just won the league, I can forgive him for planning ahead in the last window, thinking we would be ok with the current 1st team for now.

Players that haven't played in England before can hit the ground running sometimes as well you know and 'proven premier league standard' can also fail to deliver. Every player should be given time to adjust, it's not just new cultures that can affect form.

I swear some people think this football management lark is piece of cake and they just get paid millions of pounds for the shear hell of it.

1 hour ago, Strokes said:

Given that we had just won the league, I can forgive him for planning ahead in the last window, thinking we would be ok with the current 1st team for now.

Players that haven't played in England before can hit the ground running sometimes as well you know and 'proven premier league standard' can also fail to deliver. Every player should be given time to adjust, it's not just new cultures that can affect form.

I swear some people think this football management lark is piece of cake and they just get paid millions of pounds for the shear hell of it.

Players do need time to adjust but when you get 5 that do you get problems like we have. 

30 minutes ago, dannythefox said:

Players do need time to adjust but when you get 5 that do you get problems like we have. 

Rubbish!! We bought 5+ players in with no prem experience the summer before and won the league. Shinji, Fuchs, Kante, Inler and Benaloune. There's no formula to getting it right, you are being daft imo.

13 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Rubbish!! We bought 5+ players in with no prem experience the summer before and won the league. Shinji, Fuchs, Kante, Inler and Benaloune. There's no formula to getting it right, you are being daft imo.

Watford bought in over 10 foreign players and started the season very well last year.

32 minutes ago, Strokes said:

3 of the 5 are good the other two wasn't good enough.

16 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Southampton do it most years, he is talking bullshit.

Bullshit? Look at who we've bought you clown and who hasn't and probably won't make it here. Watford have done fantastic I'm not saying players from abroad are not decent just you run the risk of them not settling or making the grade. Hernandez, Benaloune, Inler, Musa, Kapuska, Zeiler. And Slimani looks miles off being a 30M player half that at best.

46 minutes ago, dannythefox said:

Bullshit? Look at who we've bought you clown and who hasn't and probably won't make it here. Watford have done fantastic I'm not saying players from abroad are not decent just you run the risk of them not settling or making the grade. Hernandez, Benaloune, Inler, Musa, Kapuska, Zeiler. And Slimani looks miles off being a 30M player half that at best.

Said NO ONE ever, when we signed him. 

1 hour ago, dannythefox said:

I'm not saying players from abroad are not decent just you run the risk of them not settling or making the grade.

So like absolutely any potential signing then? Forgive people for thinking that players "with Prem experience" mightn't slot straight into the team and would need just as much adjustment to new tactics / team mates / training methods as a player from the continent would.

"Prem experience" isn't the panacea to all our problems and it's worrying the amount of fans that jump in with this turd everytime we're linked with someone from a foreign division. It's like last year never happened.

1 hour ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

So like absolutely any potential signing then? Forgive people for thinking that players "with Prem experience" mightn't slot straight into the team and would need just as much adjustment to new tactics / team mates / training methods as a player from the continent would.

"Prem experience" isn't the panacea to all our problems and it's worrying the amount of fans that jump in with this turd everytime we're linked with someone from a foreign division. It's like last year never happened.

If you buy prem players you know what your buying and how they fair up in the division. Last year was the best year ever but we're in the season now and need players to come in and perform. 

Archived