Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
STUHILL

Musa - Opinions so far

I know it is difficult to judge him so far, as he hasn't played that much and Claudio doesn't seem to know whether to play him as a striker or winger, but so far, it does seem like we have paid quite a lot for a player who is just very fast, and not much else. You can't fault his work ethic though, but he does seem to be lacking any real quality, especially for the amount we paid. 

Hopefully he is just taking time to adapt and will improve if he plays more and in his preferred position, which I am guessing is on the left of a front 3. Otherwise.. major flop on our hands I fear! 

I think in a 4-3-3 as an inside forward, he could be very useful.

I like his directness, everyone at the moment is struggling form wise so its not easy for him.

Lets give him more of a chance

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Donut said:

I like his directness, everyone at the moment is struggling form wise so its not easy for him.

I think 4-3-3 will suit most our players to be honest. Musa, Gray, and Mahrez especially and then with the 3 man midfield which is what we are crying out for. I think Mahrez is being nulified, by the amount of defensive work he is having to do in this 4-4-2 without a Kante type player. Change of formation and a holding midfielder infront of the back 4, should let Mahrez, Gray and even Musa focus more on what they do best, higher up the pitch, similar to how Chelsea are now getting the best of of Hazard due to a formation and style change,

Edited by STUHILL
  • Like 2

Guest LCFC_World

Kasper 

Simpson

NEW CB

Huth

Fuchs

Drinkwater

NEW CM

Mendy

Mahrez

Musa

Gray

it could work with Musa. After January id like us to be playing something like this . Or 3-5-2. 

He looks like a striker being played out of position on the wing. I think if we played him up front through the middle he'd score a respectable amount of goals for a first season in the premier league, especially after a run of games and some confidence in front of goal which he's not being given a chance to acquire while on the wing in this poorly performing team.

Way too early to write him off and he's still young, I think he could prove good value at £16m in today's prices. Glad we didn't stump up the £24m for him in January though because feeling the need to play him might have caused problems in the run in.

9 minutes ago, LCFC_World said:

Kasper 

Simpson

NEW CB

Huth

Fuchs

Drinkwater

NEW CM

Mendy

Mahrez

Musa

Gray

it could work with Musa. After January id like us to be playing something like this . Or 3-5-2. 

So you expect CR is going then?

He's an upmarket Schlupp. Pacey and direct but end product/quality is lacking.

Even in his youtube highlights it looked like that was the issue. No doubt if he was in last years team though he would've ripped people to shreds.

Been brought into a team playing well below par, the delivery to him is utterly atrocious (whether he's on the wing or up front) and the transfer fee is bound to put a bit of pressure on. Oh, and he's only been here 3 odd months. Although his basic footballing skills are poor He's clearly a threat and would/will be far more effective in a more attacking/confident side, ie us last season:rolleyes:

• Like 2

Has offered next to nothing whilst being played through the middle, it's plain to see he's not built nor does he have the movement to be a decent striker.... looks a total different player out wide with much more time and space for him to exploit full backs with his pace

1 hour ago, Donut said:

This for me. Not been particularly impressed by him but he's yet another who I think is falling foul to our complete flaw of a system. If he still looks ineffective after five games in a 4-3-3 then I'll start calling it a flop.