Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
STUHILL

Musa - Opinions so far

Distinctly average so far. When he's come on he's usually gone up against some knackered full back which he can get past very easily, but then his delivery and decision making has been pretty poor. Nice goal against Palace mind. 

Kind of reminds me of Sir Lloyd of Dyer, just much less heroic. 

I like him on the wing where he has time to get the ball down and run at defenders.

He is truly awful up front but he's in my starting XI on the left. He's looked dangerous from that position, Albrighton is horrifically out of form so I'd start Musa and Mahrez on Saturday.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

I like him on the wing where he has time to get the ball down and run at defenders.

He is truly awful up front but he's in my starting XI on the left. He's looked dangerous from that position, Albrighton is horrifically out of form so I'd start Musa and Mahrez on Saturday.

Albrighton not been good but when he got a chance on the right the other night he put a few great balls in. Shame we don't see him on his preferred side more.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Babylon said:

We were getting offered £10-12m for Schlupp and he's got 4 goals in three years (Musa already has 2), championship players go for £10m+ nowFFS. People need to get over the fact players cost ridiculous amounts.

Not all championship players go for this amount but have we seen anything from Musa yet to show that he is better than championship quality?

16 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

This, it's amazing how people see games so differently, he's looked dangerous every game he's played on the left yet some people  think he looks a natural through the middle and useless out wide lol.... imo he's looked like a lost little puppy through the middle his movement and touch in crowded areas of the park are probably his weakness so to put him in the middle baffles me, where as out wide usually 1v1 with the full back 9/10 there's only going to be 1 winner, we lose a bit defensively not playing albrighton but I'd sooner have a direct player like Musa in any day

Guest CityFan 06

I like Musa, but it comes down to the fact that he needs to be utilised to his qualities, and I'd say that for other players too. I think he can be effective in a front three, and I still think he can be effective as a forward. 

from what we have seen of him he has been poor. is most effective in Vardy's position and if he plays somewhere else say on the wing he just doesn't get involved in games. he and the coaching staff have some serious work to do to get him not only match fit but match awareness. he needs to improve his positioning in games and also make more effort, he clearly likes to have the ball at his feet but will have to work on other parts of his game to fit in with the other players around him as well as the other players fitting in to his style of play. he needs to work hard show application and commitment and a desire to show he wants to do well at this club or he will be left by the wayside if he and the club are not careful

Not worth anywhere nr 16m quid spent so far. though like many posters, we haven't provided the type of through balls to run onto. in that respect he seems a it one dimensional and reliant on pace. His control isn't what you'd expect for 16m price tag.

Still not convinced he will be a regular goal scorer. Equally he doesn't look much like a winger.

Arguably we ought to have spent his money on Keane.

2 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Strikers are going for that amount, Villa signed Kodjia and McCormack for £23m + .... TWENTY THREE MILLION. For a 27 and a 30 year old.

He's hardly had a chance here, we've seen nothing from Mahrez and Vardy and most on here thought they were worth £70m+ in the summer.

You can't judge people on a few minutes playing in a struggling team, especially when they've also just moved to a new country and a new league.

He got 42 league goals in 107 for CSKA, with goals in the champs league and europa. He's already scored two here. Only two off Jeff's figure in two and a half years. How about people give him a bloody chance.

That Villa example isn't really the rule though is it and I don't think anyone will argue that its completely ****ing barmy.

He has had a few chances to be honest, granted he hasn't started week in week out but you cant say he hasn't been given chances. I really hope he proves me wrong and you can all quote me in this thread and take the piss I really do but he really has been poor.

And please lets not use Jeff Schlupp as a yardstick for our players lol 

27 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

That Villa example isn't really the rule though is it and I don't think anyone will argue that its completely ****ing barmy.

He has had a few chances to be honest, granted he hasn't started week in week out but you cant say he hasn't been given chances. I really hope he proves me wrong and you can all quote me in this thread and take the piss I really do but he really has been poor.

And please lets not use Jeff Schlupp as a yardstick for our players lol 

Why? When people are saying we paid too much it shows that stupid money is paid for players now.

Afobe, Gray, Rhodes x 2, Hendrick, MccCormack x 2, Kodija, Mings, Ulloa, Antonio, Vydra, Pritchard.. not sure any of them went for under £8m, most pushing £10m. An average bunch of players there.

I'll say this, I don't consider 491 minutes in a new league as someone being given a chance before being written off. The idiots did it with Drinkwater, Vardy, Kane, Keane and god knows how many others. It's fair to say he's not ripping up trees, just as it's fair to say nobody else is. But nobody can be written off already, that's ridiculous.

Edited by Babylon
  • Like 1

I said back in January when we were after him that he wasn't that good and I posted several Nigerian tweets that echoes what I said but I was shouted down. 

We need ball players in our side. No more speed merchants. I'm sick as **** of players who can run fast but little else redeeming qualities.  

In our first 11 the only true ball players we have who are comfortable on the ball and can pass are Fuchs, Drinkwater and Mahrez. 

• Like 2

Well he's no worse than the other chumps in the team is he?

Infact I couldn't believe it and was quite outraged the other week when he got took off when Mahrez had been playing like a pansy. Thought he (Musa) was having a decent game, probably our best player in the game (Not a hard task) but he got subbed, unbelievable.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Why? When people are saying we paid too much it shows that stupid money is paid for players now.

Afobe, Gray, Rhodes x 2, Hendrick, MccCormack x 2, Kodija, Mings, Ulloa, Antonio, Vydra, Pritchard.. not sure any of them went for under £8m, most pushing £10m. An average bunch of players there.

I'll say this, I don't consider 491 minutes in a new league as someone being given a chance before being written off. The idiots did it with Drinkwater, Vardy, Kane, Keane and god knows how many others. It's fair to say he's not ripping up trees, just as it's fair to say nobody else is. But nobody can be written off already, that's ridiculous.

So at the minute based on what you have seen you think he looks a good buy for £16m? That's the only point I am making.

Still too early to say on Musa, however, even if we had signed a quality player like Silva the relentless craposity of the whole squad would have brought him down to their level.  No one can shine in this team at the moment.  It is a shambling corpse sleepwalking into the championship. 

1 hour ago, Koke said:

I said back in January when we were after him that he wasn't that good and I posted several Nigerian tweets that echoes what I said but I was shouted down. 

We need ball players in our side. No more speed merchants. I'm sick as **** of players who can run fast but little else redeeming qualities.  

In our first 11 the only true ball players we have who are comfortable on the ball and can pass are Fuchs, Drinkwater and Mahrez. 

Ahh, I see you are chasing the predictor and pundit of the year prizes...:D

1 hour ago, Koke said:

Likewise.

You forgot Gray.

Edit: Misread your post.

Edited by ZeGuy