Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
STUHILL

Musa - Opinions so far

1 hour ago, murphy said:

Still too early to say on Musa, however, even if we had signed a quality player like Silva the relentless craposity of the whole squad would have brought him down to their level.  No one can shine in this team at the moment.  It is a shambling corpse sleepwalking into the championship. 

You're right. The first half of the season has been a proper cluster**** and it's a bit harsh to judge the new signings when they've been playing bit part roles in a team without a midfield.

At least Musa and Silmani have bagged a few.....

2 hours ago, Koke said:

I said back in January when we were after him that he wasn't that good and I posted several Nigerian tweets that echoes what I said but I was shouted down. 

We need ball players in our side. No more speed merchants. I'm sick as **** of players who can run fast but little else redeeming qualities.  

In our first 11 the only true ball players we have who are comfortable on the ball and can pass are Fuchs, Drinkwater and Mahrez. 

I certainly agree that we need players with more technical ability. Some of our passing especially this season has been very poor. We're particularly quite limited as to what we can with Morgan and Huth now. So many occasions where there's a simple pass on and they just hoof it forward. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

I certainly agree that we need players with more technical ability. Some of our passing especially this season has been very poor. We're particularly quite limited as to what we can with Morgan and Huth now. So many occasions where there's a simple pass on and they just hoof it forward. 

Yep. So frustrating. 

The amount of times Huth and Morgan pass  the ball back to the keeper for no reason drives me up the wall. 

The counter argument to our points will be that we won the league with these 2 no nonsense centre backs. True. But our style of play was and is not sustainable in the long run.

Utter wank. I watched a few full games he played in before he came and so am not surprised. Got slated on here for saying that all he had was pace and no technique or quality whatsoever before he signed,but because of a youtube video of a him playing in a top team counter attacking in a poor league people had high hopes.  Will say in his defence he seems to have a good attitude so maybe there's hope but I doubt he'll suddenly learn how to control and pass the ball now as well as putting on about 3 stone.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, TheLittleBigMan said:

Give the poor bloke some time I say. He's had to acclimatise to a new country and league playing in a team that's lost the plot. I think he looks like he's feeling the pressure of all this hence his first touch being a bit off. I actually feel a bit bad for him. 

lol

Poor bloke!? I can tell you somewhere between 60 and 100k times per week he ain't poor.

He must be a very happy man I suspect. He'll have gotten a cut of his signing on fee and he's playing in a league that looks a level above him.

Poor bloke my arse.

5 hours ago, Babylon said:

Strikers are going for that amount, Villa signed Kodjia and McCormack for £23m + .... TWENTY THREE MILLION. For a 27 and a 30 year old.

He's hardly had a chance here, we've seen nothing from Mahrez and Vardy and most on here thought they were worth £70m+ in the summer.

You can't judge people on a few minutes playing in a struggling team, especially when they've also just moved to a new country and a new league.

He got 42 league goals in 107 for CSKA, with goals in the champs league and europa. He's already scored two here. Only two off Jeff's figure in two and a half years. How about people give him a bloody chance.

I accept the figures for CSKA, 

but throwing Jeff in as a level of comparison loses any effect as that bar is so so low! 

Edited by NotTheMarketLeader

4 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

So at the minute based on what you have seen you think he looks a good buy for £16m? That's the only point I am making.

I'm not even going to make that judgement. I'll answer it 18 months after he signed when he has bedded in.

Remember Vardy, Drinkwater, Wes etc not being worth £1m to most people?

And the point I keep repeating, what's a £16m player now? Bang average championship players go for £10M+. 

We've spent £30m on someone who can't control a ball, Spurs spent £30m on someone who can't be arsed. The league is littered with £10m+ players who do sod all. The days are gone of £16m buying guaranteed world class talent sadly.

Just now, NotTheMarketLeader said:

I accept the figures for CSKA, 

but throwing Jeff in as a level of comparison loses any effect as that bar is do so low! 

Then you miss the point entirely, I'm using him as a cost comparison. When someone like him attracts £10m+ bids, it shows how little value there is now and that money doesn't buy you what people seem to think it does any more.

Finding talent like Kante for £6m is the exception and not the rule.

• Like 1

If he had cost £5m I wouldn't have been bothered...but he cost £16m and came with a reputation that hardly got the mouth watering....he lacks any kind of technique, he is all pace and that's it. Complete waste of money in my opinion and he will never be a success in this league, he will leave the club either in January on loan or at the end of the season. 

Still not completely sure what I think about him, though leaning towards him being disappointing of course.

But, I help thinking about how he was able to score those 2 late goals vs Barca in such an electrifying way?? Was it just fluke, both times?!

Granted it was a friendly, but still, that was at 4-0 down and with several of their best players on the pitch...

4 hours ago, Rigga said:

Musa = Poor

Slimani = Very average

We put nearly 50m into attacking options when it was as clear as day we needed an established PL CB aswell as a creative gem of a midfielder..

This, both came from crap leagues and both have done very little to warrant their price tags.

These were both walsh influenced signings as well.

He had looked poor and not up to it physically in some games; most notably Chelsea away.

However, on occasions he has had the total beating of his man and has made a real difference. I'm thinking of Arsenal and I thought the West Brom game he was looking good and we were looking the more prominent team until their 2nd goal.

Doesn't look the finished player but there is definitely potential there for me. May be a player who's going to take time to settle in.

If we could improve the midfield supply then our forward line and wingers will start to look a whole lot better.

12 hours ago, Babylon said:

Then you miss the point entirely, I'm using him as a cost comparison. When someone like him attracts £10m+ bids, it shows how little value there is now and that money doesn't buy you what people seem to think it does any more.

Finding talent like Kante for £6m is the exception and not the rule.

Ah.....now understood. 

Needing to "bed in" can be a valid point, but not being able to simply control the ball and doing it every time you have played cannot be put in that category surely?

£12m for Jeff seems unbelievable. I loathe the bloke so the fact we didn't sell him for that price was most disappointing, as has too regularly seeing him in a Leicester shirt ever since. 

Edited by NotTheMarketLeader

22 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

Ah.....now understood. 

Needing to "bed in" can be a valid point, but not being able to simply control the ball and doing it every time you have played cannot be put in that category surely?

£12m for Jeff seems unbelievable. I loathe the bloke so the fact we didn't sell him for that price was most disappointing, as has too regularly seeing him in a Leicester shirt ever since. 

To be fair mate, I like your posts but if anyone knows his onions...it's Babylon.

On Thursday, December 08, 2016 at 22:47, STUHILL said:

I think 4-3-3 will suit most our players to be honest. Musa, Gray, and Mahrez especially and then with the 3 man midfield which is what we are crying out for. I think Mahrez is being nulified, by the amount of defensive work he is having to do in this 4-4-2 without a Kante type player. Change of formation and a holding midfielder infront of the back 4, should let Mahrez, Gray and even Musa focus more on what they do best, higher up the pitch, similar to how Chelsea are now getting the best of of Hazard due to a formation and style change,

Personally don't think Mahrez is the victim of the formation but more his own success last season. Teams are doubling up and trebling up on him, even the great Messi would struggle in this team. The issue with Mahrez is that he needs another player of comparable quality in our side to take the focus off him which in turn will give him more space and time as teams won't be able to stick 3 men on him without getting punished elsewhere on the pitch. 

To use your example of Hazard, it's a different situation in my view. If teams double up on Hazard that means Pedro has a bit more freedom on the ball, and so on and so forth with the likes of Matic, Fabregas, Willian, Moses, etc. There's top quality all over the park. That's the difference between us and the top top clubs. If you single out Mahrez you stop virtually all of our creativity, if you single out Hazard you hand the freedom of the pitch to another top class player who will take you to the cleaners. 

With time I can see Gray making the step up but he needs to manage his own expectations as his overall game is still someway off in my opinion. 

As for Musa, firstly he needs game time to get match sharp. He's shown glimpses that there's a good player in there somewhere but currently he looks like he's lacking confidence. He also needs to get into the gym as he looks a little too lightweight for the Premier League. I have absolutely no idea from what I've seen of his best position. I'm certainly not convinced that he's a winger, and always thought he'd be the perfect eventual successor to Vardy. However based on Wednesday night's showing I'm not sure he has the awareness and decision making capabilities to play up front. 

Time will tell I guess.

Edited by ian_marshall
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Realist Guy In The Room said:

He's gash and not as quick as people made out.

You shouldnt need time to bed in to tell you if you're free in the box with the ball, dont try and ****ing pass, ****ing hit it!

How can you say that he isn't that quick?

On his home debut he practically jogged past Hector Bellerin, a man who people want to race against Usain Bolt.

It's a chasm in class and intensity between the Russian League and the Premier League.

JV took a full season to adjust to the championship and PL 

Musa needs more time but he needs to play games  to make the adjustment. 

I'd like to see him given a run up top but it's him or JV alongside another

The choice of playing a striker who might make a difference with a run of games or the striker who we know can do it at this level but is a shadow of his former self is something of a dilemma.