Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Ulloa

15 hours ago, The Blur said:

In fact I do not think Slimani has ever scored from open play with his feet for us yet?

15 hours ago, WinslowFox said:

Yeah the penalty Slimani took with his head against Middlesbrough was sublime

:whistle:

19 minutes ago, Devonfox1884 said:

Leo Stays.

Because he did what strikers are supposed to do and scored a goal? Pretty sure if Slim had still been on the pitch when Gray started whipping balls in we would have been alright too. Ulloa shouldn't get many games here and so he'd be better off moving on. Like the guy but it's the right thing to do.

Guest CityFan 06

I still hesitate at us selling Ulloa, I've always liked him. I suppose it's a likely case of him being sold, I think he will score goals though if he goes somewhere and gets regular game time. Capable of 10-15 goals a season if played regularly in my opinion. 

I hope we persuade him to stay, at least until

the summer. He'll get plenty of pitch time during AFCON & FAC. He's better in the air than Slim, and better at hold up play.

Let Schlupp go. Leaves us with four strikers & four wide players - or three of each during AFCON - they'll all get plenty of games.

A new number 10, the still necessary upgrade on Okazaki, would still be good in January...

Guest CityFan 06
1 hour ago, Lambert09 said:

Think it's more a case of him wanting to go then us wanting rid. Surely nobody can expect him to be happy with the odd cameo when we're desperate? 

Yeah I think this is it. Can't blame him really, he wants regular game time elsewhere which seems highly unlikely at Leicester now. I'd like us to keep him, as he has moments like yesterday which are vital to us.

The other side to it though, he could be playing more games at another PL club, where he'd score fairly regularly in my opinion. 

He will go and sadly it's fair enough, it's very difficult to keep 5+ strikers happy in this modern game. We are actually one of the rare teams who play 2 through the middle but it's still hard to give the other 3 enough game time. It's not just this season either, last season he was very much backup to Vardy and Shinji. He's at an age where he wastes anymore time as a bit part player and he could lose momentum as a player. He's been a very decent signing for us and an important goalscorer at crucial stages. What we must do though is protect ourselves and if he is to leave then he goes to a non-relegation rival, a top Championship club or abroad. I'd rather we loaned him out to one of the above and then worry about any price drop in the summer than flog him for £10 million to Swansea or Sunderland and see him score half a dozen crucial goals and put us right in the garry.

Archived