Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Ulloa

17 minutes ago, FireFox said:

We cannot risk selling this guy to a relegation rival.

Pretty much every time he comes on he makes a difference, he works hard regardless and he's easily got the best box sense in the league, we know he can finish when given the right role, He socred for fun when he signed for us before we relegated him to the Okazaki role. 

Give Leo a run upfront getting into the area and he will score. 

Cant be any worse than Vardy or Slimani have averaged. 

I'd be tempted to play Vardy and Ulloa together. 

I really rate Leo. Those 11 goals in our first Prem season were impressive given the relegation battle season we had. He has good work ethic. He's a fox in the box. I think he should be playing for us instead of warming the bench tbh. He certainly shouldn't be being sold to another Prem team or a potential Prem team next season.

UL GOING NOWHERE 

Leicester transfer news: Claudio Ranieri blocks Leonardo Ulloa from leaving because Islam Slimani is going to the Africa Cup of Nations

The 30-year-old striker has cut a frustrated figure on the bench with West Brom and Hull keen

The Argentine has been frozen out by Foxes boss Claudio Ranieri and only started his first league game in the drab goalless draw at Middlesbrough on Monday.

Despite numerous clear the air meetings with the club, Ulloa has reiterated his desire to move this month with West Bromwich Albion and Hull showing firm interest.

SunSport has learnt Ulloa’s wish to move on will not be granted by Ranieri during the January window with Islam Slimani off to the African Cup of Nations with Algeria.

The striker feels he has not been given a chance to impress this season and not being allowed to leave the King Power is another sign of his unfair treatment.

Ulloa joined the Foxes from Brighton in 2014 for a then club record fee of £8million shelled out by former boss Nigel Pearson.

Despite not being a regular starter last term, the south American was happy to play his part coming off the bench, he bagged six league goals to help Leicester incredibly seal the Premier league title.

Swansea and Sunderland were keen to land him in the summer, however Ulloa stayed to be part of the squad to help defend their crown.

But that decision now seems to have backfired with the striker still down the pecking order behind Jamie Vardy and Shinji Okozaki.

Club needs cover, as Slimanis gone. We are back to same as we had when we won the league plus Musa, if you class him as a forward. So can't see us letting him leave. 

Personally think we we should let him leave. He will be fondly  remembered and played an important role on a few occasions last season, but can't see him playing a huge role going forwards. 

I was ok letting him go, but the hassle of finding a decent replacement and having them settle quickly, when we could just hold onto Ulloa for another 6 months. We know exactly what we are getting from him and although neither him or Okazaki are by no means prolific, we know they will work their socks off  for the team and cause opposition problems and he should be satisfied by getting more minutes while Slimani is away. Good move from Claudio if true. 

He may have to block a move for Schlupp again too, if we don't have a decent replacement lined up. 

2 minutes ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

I always think we look a lesser team with him on the park. He's very slow and cumbersome in open play and attacks seem to hit the hand break when he gets the ball. 

In the box he is quite useful and lively with good service. If silly money is offered I'd sell and get a loan to cover the space in the squad.

good impact sub at best, when needing a target man to go direct and hold up the ball.

1 hour ago, RoyFox said:

Rumours we're after a striker as well as another midfielder and CB, get the replacement in and he can go. Schlupp most definitely off.

I hope so. If we are after another midfielder, then hopefully means he is considering playing 3 CM's. 4-3-3 with one or two DCM's would suit a lot of our better players I think. 

On 26/12/2016 at 18:24, Webbo said:

If he goes I reckon it will be at the end of January, can't let him goes with so many at AFCON.

I'm appalled at how many players we have lost to AFCON 

Mahrez for Algeria

Slimani for Algeria

Amartey for Ghana

Schlupp for Ghana

Musa for Nigeria

Ndidi for Nigeria

King for Wales

Mendy for injury

31 minutes ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

I'm appalled at how many players we have lost to AFCON 

Mahrez for Algeria

Slimani for Algeria

Amartey for Ghana

Schlupp for Ghana

Musa for Nigeria

Ndidi for Nigeria

King for Wales

Mendy for injury

Musa is in Nigeria's and Algeria's squad for AFCON.

It's interesting to see that some of the people who were furious at Kante's disloyalty are so keen for us to get shot of Ulloa - who scored two or three of the most important goals in our history - and replace him with god knows who else. If anyone.

I'm not saying that it's wrong to sell Ulloa, nor that it was right for Kante to jump ship, but I think loyalty has to be in some way reciprocal. And saying 'thanks, Leo' or 'it's in his best interests anyway' isn't justification for willing him out of the exit door, in my opinion.

Maybe sell on deadline day, but not to a PL relegation rival.

If he stays on, I feel like we should let him go for cheap in the summer. He'll just have a year left on his contract anyway, so sell him for only a couple mil, let him get higher wages than he normally would get if we try to sell for 10 mil. He's been a loyal servant, always gives it his all, helped keep us up, and scored some big goals in our title win (that goal against Norwich was one of the most important that season). Plus he and Cambiasso helped eachother settle in, and probably he has helped Hernandez settle in.

Archived