Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The whole world smiles

The Return of Matty James

Thought it deserved it's own thread.

1 year and 8 months since he last played for the first team. After an injury that has ended other players carrers And after watching his teammates create history last season without being able to contribute. Matty James makes his return to first to first team action. 

Well done Matty terrific achievement. Clearly a very determined individual and a bloody good player too. Even if he is 80% of the player he was he can still play part this year.

Glad for him to get some game time, think with Ndidi we might be sorted in that department if Amartey continues to progress and Barnes can get into the team. Of course though im not against buying another midfielder if we need to.

Think ranieri will be slow with James though and I dont think he will get a great deal of game time until 2017 just to prevent injuries again.

Hopefully, this will be the start of an exciting and deserved comeback. For what he had to put up with for almost two years, a fantastic effort by him and what gesture by the club - not letting him down and supporting him all the way. Has a bit of a romance to it. :D

I'm not yet sure we'll see James again that often in a Leicester shirt this season. For the sake of gaining more match practice, he should be sent out on loan to a lower-league team so he can prove he's still got what it takes and continually improve his stamina.

I would imagine it's important for him to get some game time if we intend trying to loan him out in Jan. No one would take him unless he had played a bit. I expect we will see him in the FA cup at Everton and then we will try and get him a loan for the rest of the season to assess if he can get his shape back (currently he is carrying a bit but understandable) 

Can't remember the last time there was that much of an ovation and anticipation for a player to come on and to receive such rapturous applause.

So happy for him. Been through hell with his injury and he must have been more delighted than all of us in the stands put together to be running around on the pitch again!

Pleased for him on a personal level. Was a key part of our championship winning campaign in a 2 with drinky.

Was playing well again in the 3 when we started the great escape.

Not sure he is the answer in a 2 in the big league. But I'll happily be proved wrong. If nothing else I just hope he has a career injury free from now on whatever happens. Must have been a hell of a long road back.

Great to see him back- very capable player, hopefully the injury hasn't taken much from his game. He didn't rely on pace before, but mobility may be a factor. Obviously Claudio thinks there's a player there as he got on before Mendy yesterday.

Be amazing if he was the same player, what a boost for a threadbare area of the squad- all of a sudden we have 5 CMs, all different types of players and all decent- we just need that one top class option in the January window, and we're set.

Archived