davieG

Revised Thomas Cook Process For Champions League Tickets

115 posts in this topic

Ahead of the UEFA Champions League last-16 draw on Monday, Leicester City can confirm there will be a change in the application process for Thomas Cook travel, allowing supporters to apply before the on-sale date. 

After City booked their spot in the knockout round of European football’s platinum competition, Claudio Ranieri’s men could face Bayer Leverkusen, Bayern Munich, Benfica, Paris Saint-Germain, Real Madrid or Sevilla. 

Supporters who wish to attend the away leg and book travel with Thomas Cook will be able to apply for tickets before their designated sale dates, which are yet to be confirmed. 

Please note the success of all applications are subject to the supporter meeting the Club’s selling criteria. Supporters will be informed of the outcome of their application before their respective sale dates. 

For those supporters who wish to make their own travel arrangements and only purchase a ticket, details of sale dates will be confirmed in due course. 

Please also note that the Thomas Cook application process will not harm any supporter’s chance of purchasing a ticket. 

The Thomas Cook Travel application process will begin in the week commencing Monday 12 December, with the date to be confirmed. This prevents both processes running concurrently. 

More information will be announced on LCFC.com in due course. 

If you have any questions about this process please contact help@lcfc.co.uk or call 0344 815 5000 (option 4).

Read more at http://www.lcfc.com/news/article/2016-17/revised-thomas-cook-process-for-champions-league-tickets-3462766.aspx#CeAOEvLbGYtV01JG.99

- Supporters will be informed of the outcome of their application before their respective sale dates, with all applications subject to LCFC’s sales criteria 

Makes no sense and contradicts itself.

How will they know if you've been successful/unsuccessful prior to your respective sale date, unless

they are prioritising TC bookings?

I prefer not not to go via TC and will queue for my ticket but this is worded as if I am now at a disadvantage.

Agreed that this is now as clear as mud although it was before anyway. Just hoping we get a decent allocation wherever we are.

13 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Agreed that this is now as clear as mud although it was before anyway. Just hoping we get a decent allocation wherever we are.

Let's hope it's not Leverkusen then! 30,000 capacity means 1,500 tickets - same as Bruges.

19 minutes ago, rc4279 said:

Let's hope it's not Leverkusen then! 30,000 capacity means 1,500 tickets - same as Bruges.

I read that they tend to give bigger allocations because they don't sell out.

2 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Something fishy here...

I'm not sure, I read it as an acknowledgment that they had guaranteed people tickets that shouldn't have by doing it the way they did for the group stages and this was a way to get round it but who knows.

38 minutes ago, rc4279 said:

Spurs were allocated 2,300 for Leverkusen however. Also you'll find German grounds have no issue with away fans sitting next to the away end. 

Paris is a bigger worry, they don't give out 5% on the grounds of security (terrorism and the embarrassing Chelsea racism incident) 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

Struggling to make sense of this. Are they saying that top priority fans who aren't travelling via Thomas Cook will be further down the queue than those of the same priority who are?

54 minutes ago, MarshallForEngland said:

Struggling to make sense of this. Are they saying that top priority fans who aren't travelling via Thomas Cook will be further down the queue than those of the same priority who are?

That was how I read it.

21 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

That was how I read it.

Well it says no fan will be inconvenienced but someone has to be unless they make it crystal

clear and evidently, yet again, this is anything but.

17 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

That was how I read it.

It very much sounds like that and if that's the case it's ridiculous.

I did my own thing for Bruges then went with TC for Copenhagen & Porto and although they put on a good trip the communication prior to travelling was poor. 

If we draw Madrid for example I'd rather do my own thing and spend a bit more time in the city but it seems the club are offering favouritism to those booking with their official travel partner, which I assume they are doing so on police advice to encourage supporters  to travel officially and not via their own means, possibly without a ticket?

I'm doing them through my own plans regardless, this will be the only one I have been able to spend a couple of nights in the city.

That said I should be ok to get a ticket anyway.

Piss take.

Suppose Porto was end of the road for me, although anyone unfortunate enough to endure that shit should be guaranteed a ticket

14 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

I read that they tend to give bigger allocations because they don't sell out.

Correct, Leverkusen only sell out against Bayern, Dortmund and probably Schalke (maybe Monchengladbach). And that is because there are 10,000 away fans (also mingled in with home fans as this is common in Germany).

If we drew Leverkusen we can expect a bigger allocation (maybe 2,300 or maybe more). Plus there will be lots of space in the home end to buy tickets as I doubt Leverkusen fans will be attracted by Leicester as a draw.

What does this actually mean then? People who book with Thomas cook are ahead in the queue of other people in the same Loyalty points bracket?

That seems really unfair. The fact that applicants will be notified of their success before the sale date for their bracket suggests they get to push in to the front of the queue ahead of everyone

1 minute ago, NZ_Foxile said:

That seems really unfair. The fact that applicants will be notified of their success before the sale date for their bracket suggests they get to push in to the front of the queue ahead of everyone

Apparently that's not the case, not that i believe it, but i battered Jim on twitter for an hour last night and he's saying it was down to chancers last time applying when they weren't season ticket holders, had not got required points and it left them in a pickle, as Brugge for example ended up with to few applicants and was hence cancelled.

this time they plan to weed those out 1st, but I agree it looks bad, if they need 50 more to fill a plane then you would expect those 50 tickets to go missing, but he's adamant they will still have to get tickets via official channels, online, phone etc.

It is pretty simple as explained in the initial article............

p.s. I have no idea how this will work

6 hours ago, Bayfox said:

Apparently that's not the case, not that i believe it, but i battered Jim on twitter for an hour last night and he's saying it was down to chancers last time applying when they weren't season ticket holders, had not got required points and it left them in a pickle, as Brugge for example ended up with to few applicants and was hence cancelled.

this time they plan to weed those out 1st, but I agree it looks bad, if they need 50 more to fill a plane then you would expect those 50 tickets to go missing, but he's adamant they will still have to get tickets via official channels, online, phone etc.

Sounds about right.

They cancelled the Brugges flight when too many seats were left on the plane with too few match tickets still unsold, hence a half empty plane.

I suppose this way they can get the full plane load in advance to be sure they won't then stop it with days to the match like Brugges was leaving people with not many options without paying stupid train fares.

I'd guess flight prices will be £249 again, it is what it is and gets you in and out and no messing with trains, coach fares or hire cars, doesn't suit everyone but suits a lot, plus it keeps the riff raff off the plane. lol 

Just looked on TC sport site, it's £279 plus ticket, £30 increase from the previous game.

Edited by promised land

Pretty sure that this gives them the option of making sure those who book with TC get their tickets allocated first within their priority status. not saying its right or wrong but doing it any other way risks empty seats on the plane. I assume this is how it worked for Copenhagen and Porto, despite no one making anything of it. 

Don't you think they set aside 250 or however many tickets from the start to be sure the plane is full regardless of priory?

6 minutes ago, promised land said:

Don't you think they set aside 250 or however many tickets from the start to be sure the plane is full regardless of priory?

Yes but why not just admit it.

I'm guessing the £550 for two or whatever that I could potentially pay on Thomas Cook website right now isn't taken until you are confirmed? Or is it just refunded if you're not successful? What a strange process... 

Edited by AjcW