davieG

Revised Thomas Cook Process For Champions League Tickets

115 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, AjcW said:

I'm guessing the £550 for two or whatever that I could potentially pay on Thomas Cook website right now isn't taken until you are confirmed? Or is it just refunded if you're not successful? What a strange process... 

For Copenhagen, Porto, my card got charged on 12 September, can't remember when ticket sales started but I rang up the first night of sales and I'm P1.

I don't think they take the money if you're not successful, if your priority status doesn't match the current clubs ticket sales they put you in holding until it does.

That is my understanding of it.

1 hour ago, AjcW said:

I'm guessing the £550 for two or whatever that I could potentially pay on Thomas Cook website right now isn't taken until you are confirmed? Or is it just refunded if you're not successful? What a strange process... 

They charge your card 1p upon booking and only take the full amount if your successful in reaching your respective priority level and get a ticket.

One thought I had. 

Say it reaches P4 and there's 200 tickets left. 200 people who fall into P4 have applied through Thomas Cook, will they then recieve the remaining tickets without those P4's who are traveling independentally getting a look in? 

6 hours ago, thybluefox said:

One thought I had. 

Say it reaches P4 and there's 200 tickets left. 200 people who fall into P4 have applied through Thomas Cook, will they then recieve the remaining tickets without those P4's who are traveling independentally getting a look in? 

From the statement the club released I'd say yes, TC will get priority - the club won't admit this tho. 

I could be wrong.

20 hours ago, thybluefox said:

One thought I had. 

They hold so many tickets back at each priority level. 

From what I've been told, there's only ever been 1 plane travelling to the games so far. 250 approx. So a situation like what you say is highly unlikely. Thomas Cook are highly unlikely to commit towards having two planes because of the cost of chartering. 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

2 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

They hold so many tickets back at each priority level. 

From what I've been told, there's only ever been 1 plane travelling to the games so far. 250 approx. So a situation like what you say is highly unlikely. Thomas Cook are highly unlikely to commit towards having two planes because of the cost of chartering. 

You sir are wrong, one to Copenhagen but we took two to Porto as they both departed at 23:55, the stewardess on our plane looked out the window and said the other planes got out just before us. 

So around 450 tickets to Porto as there were 10 coaches at the airport and fox travel put 45 on a coach for aways so the same would apply for TC give or take a few.

It has been popular for Seville apparently so you'd have to say they would hold a plane load of tickets back, plus the staff travel on the plane who steward the game, work in the office.

So with this do you book it now, then when it gets to your priority level they sort your ticket out or do I try and get a ticket as normal? 

40 minutes ago, Filbert_Ross said:

So with this do you book it now, then when it gets to your priority level they sort your ticket out or do I try and get a ticket as normal? 

Yes, it's on the TC sport site, easiest way I found before was phoning up, (office is Peterborough) they'll take your details then allocate you a ticket when it gets to your priority status.

Have your passport ready as they ask for details on it.

Someone yesterday said actual club ticket sales will be next month.

"Please note the success of all applications are subject to the supporter meeting the Club’s selling criteria. Supporters will be informed of the outcome of their application before their respective sale dates. 

For those supporters who wish to make their own travel arrangements and only purchase a ticket, details of sale dates will be confirmed in due course."

Read these two paragraphs several times and I agree with others on this thread, they're clearly contradicting each other. If you're being allocated your ticket before your date of sale then you're being allowed to jump in ahead of everyone else in your points band.

So people on, say, 185+ won't get their ticket before those on 195+ but they will be able to get in before everyone else on 185+ who will have to experience the scrum of trying to purchase online.

10 hours ago, promised land said:

You sir are wrong, one to Copenhagen but we took two to Porto as they both departed at 23:55, the stewardess on our plane looked out the window and said the other planes got out just before us. 

So around 450 tickets to Porto as there were 10 coaches at the airport and fox travel put 45 on a coach for aways so the same would apply for TC give or take a few.

It has been popular for Seville apparently so you'd have to say they would hold a plane load of tickets back, plus the staff travel on the plane who steward the game, work in the office.

This is incorrect too. There was actually two Thomas Cook planes that flew out to Copenhagen.

Just now, philce said:

Need to source your own ticket tho.

Yes, but as long as you have enough points I would hope that wouldn't make a difference. I have done all mine independently anyway. Just think going in and out on the day with the Club Thomas cook packages you lose so much of what the adventure is all about. Just my personal opinion.

2 minutes ago, 4ever and ever said:

Yes, but as long as you have enough points I would hope that wouldn't make a difference. I have done all mine independently anyway. Just think going in and out on the day with the Club Thomas cook packages you lose so much of what the adventure is all about. Just my personal opinion.

Yes agreed, just to point it out that unlike the TC trip you cant cancel if you don't get a ticket.

Compared to the other options people seem to be taking up and the cost of flights due to it being half term for the rest of the UK that week its very good. 

On 12/14/2016 at 23:06, ian_marshall said:

This is incorrect too. There was actually two Thomas Cook planes that flew out to Copenhagen.

I never knew that, so what time did it leave Copenhagen as they only opened one gate for the TC flight and there were only 5 or 6 coaches, plus the lcfc staff told us the gate number on the coaches, unlike Porto where they said check your boarding passes to make sure you're at the right gate as two were open, Porto also had 10 coaches.

Sport options ran two flights to Porto but only one flew back that night, one went the next day IIRC.

Applications now gone from Thomas cook sport website, 

" Applications are now closed for away travel to Sevilla. If applications re-open details will appear here. "

TC: Please note the success of all applications are subject to the supporter meeting the Club’s selling criteria. Supporters will be informed of the outcome of their application before their respective sale dates

Goes to show that they don't even stand by their own statements. If what they issued were true I'd have been notified by close of play today re. my booking and ticket taking into account they go on sale to 190+ tomorrow!

15 minutes ago, rc4279 said:

TC: Please note the success of all applications are subject to the supporter meeting the Club’s selling criteria. Supporters will be informed of the outcome of their application before their respective sale dates

Goes to show that they don't even stand by their own statements. If what they issued were true I'd have been notified by close of play today re. my booking and ticket taking into account they go on sale to 190+ tomorrow!

I've done the same, I just hope they don't turn my £300 down hopefully this means I've qualified I'm sure they don't tell us the real criteria. 

I've had the email, anyone else?

sorry even I'm not enough of a WUM to go through with this.

Edited by Costock_Fox

3 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

I've had the email, anyone else?

sorry even I'm not enough of a WUM to go through with this.

Through with what?

Just now, dannythefox said:

Through with what?

Was going to claim I had an email confirming tickets before they go on sale and watch the shit hit the fan.

4 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Was going to claim I had an email confirming tickets before they go on sale and watch the shit hit the fan.

I don't no why we're surprised the ticket office is always a shambles.

Just now, dannythefox said:

I don't no why we're surprised the ticket office is always a shambles.

A bit harsh.

They actually massively helped me out with the other away tickets so I haven't got a bad word to say about them.

26 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

A bit harsh.

They actually massively helped me out with the other away tickets so I haven't got a bad word to say about them.

You must be special then. Ring them up and speak to someone then ring again and ask the same question and you'll get two different answers most of the time!