davieG

Revised Thomas Cook Process For Champions League Tickets

115 posts in this topic

Phoned the club up and they told me about it. Surely priority 1 gets first takings then priority 2 etc and also surly they should sell plane seats on first come first served basis on the priority day. Also it's just me travelling therefore no one else holding me up. 

11 minutes ago, ScottJRussell said:

Phoned the club up and they told me about it. Surely priority 1 gets first takings then priority 2 etc and also surly they should sell plane seats on first come first served basis on the priority day. Also it's just me travelling therefore no one else holding me up. 

Obvs not what you know, but who you know.

1 hour ago, Costock_Fox said:

Ouch, how does that happen? Guessing its probably done on a ballot but surprised its full already.

It has been done by prioritising the top 189 applicants in descending order based on the number of loyalty points you have. 

I'm on 190 but there are a couple of thousand above me and therefore if the majority of them applied via TC I never stood a chance!

6 minutes ago, rc4279 said:

It has been done by prioritising the top 189 applicants in descending order based on the number of loyalty points you have. 

I'm on 190 but there are a couple of thousand above me and therefore if the majority of them applied via TC I never stood a chance!

Ah ok that's fair enough, still surprising though.

I wonder if they've also taken into account historical Champions League purchases, e.g. someone who has a slightly lower priority but has been to all 3 CL away games receiving preference over someone who has a higher priority but hasn't been to any or only 1 CL away game.

Don't worry if the plane is full, I am sure LCFC will run Fox Travel all the way to Seville, leaving Monday (the week before)!!!

Thomas Cook seem to have not thought this through and it rubs off on the club a bit. If this is how they worked it then they should have said before Christmas that these 189 people on 190+ will get a flight seat and ticket. The rest, organise your own tickets transport.

Now people have to mess about trying to organise their travel/accommodation last minute.

1 minute ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Don't worry if the plane is full, I am sure LCFC will run Fox Travel all the way to Seville, leaving Monday (the week before)!!!

Thomas Cook seem to have not thought this through and it rubs off on the club a bit. If this is how they worked it then they should have said before Christmas that these 189 people on 190+ will get a flight seat and ticket. The rest, organise your own tickets transport.

Now people have to mess about trying to organise their travel/accommodation last minute.

At massively inflated prices now!!

1 hour ago, philce said:

Apparently they couldnt get another plane.

We had more than one to Copenhagen and Porto.

Is it half-term week? TC probably use more of their fleet during that period. 

Just now, Cardiff_Fox said:

Is it half-term week? TC probably use more of their fleet during that period. 

Yes

38 minutes ago, ian_marshall said:

I wonder if they've also taken into account historical Champions League purchases, e.g. someone who has a slightly lower priority but has been to all 3 CL away games receiving preference over someone who has a higher priority but hasn't been to any or only 1 CL away game.

I've been to all 3 CL away games, twice already with TC and I'm a P1. Still lose out!

2 hours ago, rc4279 said:

That's shit. There's only 2000 on 190 plus. So are Lcfc suggesting 10% of those all want to fly the Thomas Cook package? Baring in mind the 2000 allocation has yet to sell out. I'm staggered if they had that many applications for the TC package 

15 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

That's shit. There's only 2000 on 190 plus. So are Lcfc suggesting 10% of those all want to fly the Thomas Cook package? Baring in mind the 2000 allocation has yet to sell out. I'm staggered if they had that many applications for the TC package 

The club officials will all be using this as well though wont they which is understandable considering a lot of them will actually be working at this and probably a day or two after.

I agree it is pretty shit though. Just checked the flight I am on from Manc to Malaga and its about £140, my hire car cost 20 euros as well so its still doable for less than they charge but you then need somewhere to stay.

2 hours ago, philce said:

At massively inflated prices now!!

Yes, that's why they should have announced this before Christmas so people knew their position.

Also, the selling criteria stated by TC was still very ambigious.

Edited by KrefelderFox666

Decided I'm not going now got a decent deal with Copenhagen because I booked well before. Not arsed about paying over the odds prices.

1 hour ago, Costock_Fox said:

The club officials will all be using this as well though wont they which is understandable considering a lot of them will actually be working at this and probably a day or two after.

I agree it is pretty shit though. Just checked the flight I am on from Manc to Malaga and its about £140, my hire car cost 20 euros as well so its still doable for less than they charge but you then need somewhere to stay.

Do airbnb.com for £20-30 a night.

3 hours ago, Bayfox said:

Are there really 2000 on that many points? I think it's about half that maybe 1300

11 minutes ago, 4ever and ever said:

Are there really 2000 on that many points? I think it's about half that maybe 1300

No there's 800 on 200 plus according to the club. 190 is around 2k from what I'm told.

Infact the 208 for the spoty covered nearly 500 as I understand it.

2 hours ago, coolcol said:

Do airbnb.com for £20-30 a night.

Yeah I got a really nice one for £30 a night.

3 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

Yeah I got a really nice one for £30 a night.

Staying 3 nights in Seville ( without a ticket yet mind) for £75 and the flat looks mint !

Would be interesting to see the breakdown off sales, see how many the players, sponsors, corporate got before normal fans.

Always the case for big matches, and I go with it's not what you know, it's who you know, very dodgy the ticket office, we all remember Watford away in the playoffs, forest away, the list goes on

Just seen tickets back on sale for this?

39 minutes ago, red5 said:

Just seen tickets back on sale for this?

Looks like flight only so you have to purchase your match ticket through the club rather than pay Thomas cook sport £279 +£51.

Another plane maybe and filling the empty seats?

No idea why it's a flight only when that option was never there for Porto or Copenhagen.

image.jpeg

Edited by promised land

48 minutes ago, promised land said:

Looks like flight only so you have to purchase your match ticket through the club rather than pay Thomas cook sport £279 +£51.

Another plane maybe and filling the empty seats?

No idea why it's a flight only when that option was never there for Porto or Copenhagen.

Jeez, there will be some very pissed P1/P2 peeps when they find out about this.

Surely they should have called/emailed everyone they rejected if they have indeed put another flight on???

Yes - have booked (again) on the basis that I have a ticket now but if the club don't confirm my ticket with TC  (I'm not confident they will manage to join the dots) then it gets cancelled