Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
blue is the colour

Best car to choose

Hi, firstly I'm lucky I get a company car. I know very little about cars other than the obvious. I've got a choice of three, Audi A6, BMW 5 series or merc E class. Which should I go for and why? Quite a bit of cross county driving because of where I live so lots of twists and turns, but also some main roads too.

They are all nice. Have had an A6 until March this year. 2 years driving, never missed a beat. Nicer ride than the BMW and better in crap conditions. Now have a Merc and is a lovely drive although the engine is a tiny bit noisier than the Audi.

Just go with your gut feeling/ preference, you'll like any of them.

21 minutes ago, m4DD0gg said:

BMW 320D ED model, seriously fuel efficient, comfy and makes birds wet.

Nice enough, but common as muck. About every third car in rush hour is a 320d.

I'd go for though Merc out of those choices.

I have a similar choice, and in fact I take the car allowance instead, company car tax is horrendous.  Of those three I would take the BMW, but mainly because I have an A6 now, and don't like Mercs (posh Taxi)

Test them all for a few days each, this is going to cost you a lot in the next few years.  

6 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

I have a similar choice, and in fact I take the car allowance instead, company car tax is horrendous.  Of those three I would take the BMW, but mainly because I have an A6 now, and don't like Mercs (posh Taxi)

Test them all for a few days each, this is going to cost you a lot in the next few years.  

Company car tax is just ridiculous for a higher rate tax payer. I don't know what the government think they'll achieve by it when all it does is push everyone on to the car allowance where they tend to buy less clean cars and pay less tax. 

Archived