Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
blue is the colour

Best car to choose

7 hours ago, blue is the colour said:

Thanks guys, due to a good offer been politely asked to take the A6 Ultra black edition. Looks nice. 

Congrats, I caught the thread late, but was going to say check out ComCar  will advice on your personal tax. The Audi will work beat the BMW in the 1 week it does finally snow.  

Enjoy the Audi, it is a very nice car. 

1 hour ago, BlueSi13 said:

How so exactly?

Also, designed, engineered and built in Britain....yup hardly British at all :blink:

They are expensive, MPG sucks, most are not 4 WD unless you pay a huge premium, nightmare to park in built up areas. Whilst they look stylish inside the components are cheap and flimsy.

Tata an indian company have owned Land Rover and Jaguar for some time. Most are now designed, engineered and built in China and have been since about 2014 for the global market with a very small percentage built here.

I ride a BMW but don't really do rear wheel drive cars in the UK because of the winters - I'm all or 4 wheel usually.

We live in the sticks with few amenities and poor roads and gated tracks so I'm waiting for the new short wheel base Defender to be launched but I haven't made up my mind yet as to what to do because I don't know what my rail to motorway miles ratio will be next year yet.

22 hours ago, m4DD0gg said:

They are crap - hardly British either.

They really aren't my other half has one and we'll probably have another in May.

There's a couple of bits I'd change on them which relate to seat belts (non adjustable), cup holders (in front of gearshift) and the digital screen & steering wheel controls for mobile and the headlights on the basic model but they seem to have sorted that with the 2nd generation.

Ride and power of the 2.2 litre engine combined with 500 plus miles to a £60 tank of Diesel is all good.

30 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

I ride a BMW but don't really do rear wheel drive cars in the UK because of the winters - I'm all or 4 wheel usually.

We live in the sticks with few amenities and poor roads and gated tracks so I'm waiting for the new short wheel base Defender to be launched but I haven't made up my mind yet as to what to do because I don't know what my rail to motorway miles ratio will be next year yet.

i would be buying a 1-3 year old Disco, not sure there will be a SWB Defender replacement at all.

1 hour ago, m4DD0gg said:

They are expensive, MPG sucks, most are not 4 WD unless you pay a huge premium, nightmare to park in built up areas. Whilst they look stylish inside the components are cheap and flimsy.

Tata an indian company have owned Land Rover and Jaguar for some time. Most are now designed, engineered and built in China and have been since about 2014 for the global market with a very small percentage built here.

Reliability is much improved over pre TATA days; Land / Range Rovers are meant to be expensive; the Evoque is not difficult to park at all, nor is the disco sport;  Components are good on the HSE or special editions - again they are meant to be expensive;  JLR design and engineering teams are all in the UK, they are the largest car manufacturer in the UK, and having invested something like £11Bn in R&D since they took over a failing company 7ish years ago, I think you would have to call them a roaring success.

7 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

Reliability is much improved over pre TATA days; Land / Range Rovers are meant to be expensive; the Evoque is not difficult to park at all, nor is the disco sport;  Components are good on the HSE or special editions - again they are meant to be expensive;  JLR design and engineering teams are all in the UK, they are the largest car manufacturer in the UK, and having invested something like £11Bn in R&D since they took over a failing company 7ish years ago, I think you would have to call them a roaring success.

In comparison to the plant in china that is a DROP in the ocean who serve a global market rather than western europe.

The HSE and Sport versions of Range Rover are excellent yes but the Evoque really isnt. My wife has one and inside its so shoddy. The list of faults and defects is huge. Examples include gear stick knob coming off in her hand when putting the car in reverse. Constant oil leaks. Faults with electric seats. Air Con 'whistling'. I could go on....

Give me German any day.

22 minutes ago, m4DD0gg said:

In comparison to the plant in china that is a DROP in the ocean who serve a global market rather than western europe.

The HSE and Sport versions of Range Rover are excellent yes but the Evoque really isnt. My wife has one and inside its so shoddy. The list of faults and defects is huge. Examples include gear stick knob coming off in her hand when putting the car in reverse. Constant oil leaks. Faults with electric seats. Air Con 'whistling'. I could go on....

Give me German any day.

I've had one for 3.75 years and it's truly brilliant and has not had a single fault. Sad we have to return it in May - we already extended it for another year as we didn't want to part with it.

You must have got a duff build somehow - I'd be the first to say ours was rubbish if it was but it's genuine quality.

3 hours ago, m4DD0gg said:

Give me German any day.

I don't know what you have been reading:

650,000 units of annual capacity in the UK, 140,000 in China and 150,000 due in Slovakia from 2018-19 (and even more in the longer-term likely), Brazil's initial 24,000 units is clearly rather modest by comparison. 

80% of sales are outside the UK, but still most production capacity is in the UK, as well as all the design and engineering, and the global HQ.

5 hours ago, m4DD0gg said:

A huge premium to go to 4WD?  It will cost you £2,600 to go from 2WD to 4WD on an Evoque.  Being a Land Rover it would actually be able to go off-road too.

Nightmare to park in built up areas?  It has pretty much the same length and width as a Ford Focus.

Components are cheap and flimsy?  Scratch around any German car and you'll find more cheap plastic than on Barry Manilows face.

Very small % of Evoque's are built here?  by very small you mean the vast majority which are built in Merseyside?

10 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

I have a RR Sport and an Evoque for the missus. The Evoque is disappointing to drive, but looks decent both inside and out. Engine feels a bit laboured in 2.0lt. I don't enjoy driving it and the missus has never really liked it. The RR Sport is amazing, will order a new one when I get round to it. A joy to get in, just a perfect vehicle, absolutely no question with it. 

Archived