Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

SEVILLA!

Having watched them recently, the thing that concerns me the most is the pressing from the front and the speed at which they string passes together in the final third, which is going to tear our static defence apart. Their end product can be erratic, but they will create a ton of chances.

I don't think we have any choice but to sit very deep, very narrow and make the match as ugly as possible. We do try to do this in the league, and fail, so an extra man in the middle is vital but I fear Ranieri won't entertain it. They do leave a lot of space in behind and at times in front of the defence, if Nzoni has pushed forward, so we should have some luck with counter attacking if Drinkwater/Mahrez and Vardy click.

46 minutes ago, Ricey said:

Having watched them recently, the thing that concerns me the most is the pressing from the front and the speed at which they string passes together in the final third, which is going to tear our static defence apart. Their end product can be erratic, but they will create a ton of chances.

I don't think we have any choice but to sit very deep, very narrow and make the match as ugly as possible. We do try to do this in the league, and fail, so an extra man in the middle is vital but I fear Ranieri won't entertain it. They do leave a lot of space in behind and at times in front of the defence, if Nzoni has pushed forward, so we should have some luck with counter attacking if Drinkwater/Mahrez and Vardy click.

The thing is, are we going there just to not get thrashed?

If we are, sitting deep and making the match ugly might help, but we have absolutely zero chance of going though that way. One thing we know about us is we can only play our way. If we start trying to be defensive, as we have done several times this season, we will get beat.

Now, if we go back to what we were great at last year - namely what Sevilla are great at this year by the sounds of it, we will most likely find that Sevilla are better than us at it this year. But I'd rather us go down trying to play our game than trying to play someone else's. I'm sick of changing our tactics to suit who we're playing and not only losing but being painfully boring to watch.

Losing that exciting style of play is actually the most heart-breaking thing about our situation. More so than the potential/impending relegation, because I've never seen us play with a philosophy before, let alone one that I love, and it's very hard to get back. That's also part of the reason I'd be disappointed to have to let Claudio go.

This is all probably moot at this stage, I don't think it matters how we try to play, we're so hopeless at the moment that I can only see a convincing defeat. But if we must lose, even heavily, I say let's at least have a go. Still, a narrow loss in the 1st leg might set us up to do that in the 2nd. But it's no good sitting deep in both legs and expecting us to create a chance, let alone score a goal. If Sevilla press high, and have an off day, they will be potentially be in a good position for us to press high, win the ball in decent positions, and exploit the space they've left in behind.

That is, of course, in a fantasyland where we spring into some sort of life.

It'll be similar to the PSG result last night in favour of Sevilla. 

Not excited at all because I know for a fact that Morgan and Huth will both start at CB. 

We'll probably go another 90 minutes without even testing the keeper aswell! 

26 minutes ago, lee7 said:

It'll be similar to the PSG result last night in favour of Sevilla. 

Not excited at all because I know for a fact that Morgan and Huth will both start at CB. 

We'll probably go another 90 minutes without even testing the keeper aswell! 

I'm absolutely buzzing for this game probably because I'm going and I didn't travel to any of the group games so I'm excited for the trip as well as the match.

Seeing the Leicester badge on BT last night alongside those fifteen great teams made me feel very proud. Yeah we might lose easily but at the moment its 0-0 and there's 180 minutes to go, I'm just enjoying us being in the hat.

When I went to Chelsea away in the league cup with Frank Burrows and Taggart in charge I thought we would lose about 8-0. We scored first within 10 minutes and came back to lead 3-2 with a side that contained Carl Cort and DJ Campbell, we almost won if it wasn't for Shevchenko scoring his best Chelsea goal and fat Frank. It was amazing and I still have amazing memories of that night. And think of the team we put out against a side unbeaten in about 100 at home.

There's a chance in Seville more everlasting memories like that Chelsea game can be made, and just the chance of that at the moment is priceless, and very exciting! 

I'd try to shut up shop away in Seville. Play our three defensive midfielders, cover the back four. Try to score from a set piece or two via Slimani's head, or one of our taller players, from the distribution of Albrighton or Gray.

4-5-1

Schmeichel

Simpson

Morgan

Wague/Benny

Chillwell

Albrighton

Amartey

Mendy

Ndidi

Gray

Slimani

this is not a game for Mahrez (no fight), Huth (no pace or fitness) or Vardy (no height, no confidence, no service to feet).

If any of you lot that are traveling and dont fancy the game, go pick up your ticket and i will buy it off you and i am sure a few others would! Its the only downer i have is that i dont have a ticket! but i am sure there will be plenty in the same situation!

I honestly cant wait for this and surely this is one of the first games we have gone in as big underdogs in a while surely that can only be a good thing - its when we are at our best!

1 hour ago, goose2010 said:

If any of you lot that are traveling and dont fancy the game, go pick up your ticket and i will buy it off you and i am sure a few others would! Its the only downer i have is that i dont have a ticket! but i am sure there will be plenty in the same situation!

I honestly cant wait for this and surely this is one of the first games we have gone in as big underdogs in a while surely that can only be a good thing - its when we are at our best!

lol why would people travel to sevilla but not fancy the game?!

1 hour ago, FoxinNotts said:

I'd try to shut up shop away in Seville. Play our three defensive midfielders, cover the back four. Try to score from a set piece or two via Slimani's head, or one of our taller players, from the distribution of Albrighton or Gray.

4-5-1

Schmeichel

Simpson

Morgan

Wague/Benny

Chillwell

Albrighton

Amartey

Mendy

Ndidi

Gray

Slimani

this is not a game for Mahrez (no fight), Huth (no pace or fitness) or Vardy (no height, no confidence, no service to feet).

Strangely reminds me of the lineup presented aginst Porto away. Mahrez, Huth and Vardy didn't play in that game.

Basic rules for our trip to Seville;- Fines and Forfeits to be levied on defaulters.

No mention of the R word

No slagging off our players ,Manager or DoF

Non Stop Celebration that we are Champions of England ( for the only time ever)

Relentless Rejoicing that we are basking in the media attention and sunshine of Seville when Man U,Chelsea and Spurs are all at home.

Determination to maximise the enjoyment of our final Champions League excursion.

Bring it on....

--------------Kasper-------------

Amartey--Wes--Benny--Chilwell

Mahrez--Drinkwater--N'didi--Gray

--------Slimani---Vardy-----------

Starting Wes, Drinkwater and Vardy may not go down well on here, but this is after dropping them for the Millwall match and I am hoping we see some kind of reaction.

This is also on the basis that Benny, Amartey and Chilwell have decent games again at the weekend. 

Of course, if the completely changed team play great at Millwall, then perhaps we should forget about recalling any of the big guns, but I think Claudio will, just hope he gets tha balance right and doesn't AGAIN go to the typical 11, that even he said he had been to loyal too. It's like his safety net, but it hasn't worked for 6 months!

See how the fringe players get on at the weekend and then cherry pick the top performers and combine them with a few of the regulars, to try get the balance right of freshness and form. 

For the fan: Have a good time regardless. There is a very, very high chance this is the last time you'll see Leicester play at a European ground in your life. Have a beer, enjoy the city.

For Claudio - Please, please don't pick the failures of this season. I'm not talking about the part time failures - the Simpsons, Albrightons & Shinjis. They have to be involved. 

The serial failures - the real points of embarrassment for the club this year CANNOT be involved. Morgan. Huth. Drinkwater. Fuchs. Vardy. There's better alternatives in every position (Benny, Amartey, Chilwell, Ndidi, Slimani).

We may lose with or without them - but you know the failures of this year will throw the towel in as soon as we go a goal down, and people haven't paid nearly a thousand pounds in some cases to go and see us go a goal down for 'Face like a slapped arse' Drinkwater and co just give up.

I'm not arsed about positive football in this game. In every other game I'm about performance over result. This game is about not getting beaten by more than 1 and it's about scoring. It's about pride. I don't give a crap if we play the worst football in the world but we give 150 % and come out with a shitty 1-1 or a 1-0 defeat.

There's fans out there who would've spent a fortnights wages just to see this game. I just want to see 90 minutes reminiscent of City, Arsenal or United away last year. Bodies on the line the whole shebang. 

4 hours ago, maddog said:

I'm absolutely buzzing for this game probably because I'm going and I didn't travel to any of the group games so I'm excited for the trip as well as the match.

Seeing the Leicester badge on BT last night alongside those fifteen great teams made me feel very proud. Yeah we might lose easily but at the moment its 0-0 and there's 180 minutes to go, I'm just enjoying us being in the hat.

When I went to Chelsea away in the league cup with Frank Burrows and Taggart in charge I thought we would lose about 8-0. We scored first within 10 minutes and came back to lead 3-2 with a side that contained Carl Cort and DJ Campbell, we almost won if it wasn't for Shevchenko scoring his best Chelsea goal and fat Frank. It was amazing and I still have amazing memories of that night. And think of the team we put out against a side unbeaten in about 100 at home.

There's a chance in Seville more everlasting memories like that Chelsea game can be made, and just the chance of that at the moment is priceless, and very exciting! 

Hi Maddog - Great post sir

I was at Chelsea that night too. In with the home fans.... nearly got myself killed jumping up and down when we scored. We played them off the park for 80 mins before that Schevchenko volley and super fat frankie brace broke my heart.  Enjoy Seville its a fabulous city. 

28 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

I really hope that those travelling to Seville show more bollocks then nearly everyone on this thread.

We are there to represent Leicester and our club, not just these players.

Blue Armeh!!!

Yeah quite simply amazed at some of the chat. Years of Cup games being the underdog and getting the occasional result even when we'd lost 3 on the bounce or hadn't won in ages in the second tier

On 12/12/2016 at 19:52, purpleronnie said:

Ok matey, deal.

purpleronnie.............. How you doing ?

Going on current performances I reckon I could be a tenner light in three weeks.

Charity of your choice please........... Although I am Welsh I will not default or evade my obligation.   :thumbup:

Welsh

Verb

To default on or evade an obligation, esp paying a gambling debt: Say, are you going to welsh on me?/ Some American officials feel that the Syrians welshed on their promise (1857+)

Archived