Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

A Dislike button?

9 minutes ago, Wookie said:

Trolls troll people to get a reaction, a dislike button isn't going to stop them lol

Besides it's not like foxestalk is overran with dickheads in every thread

Its a tool the mods could use, is my point. " don't like it. use the dislike button" is what known trolls could be told. Kind of like a type of warning before being banned

But to flip that back to you, if someone likes to discuss/ add constructively a point/ arguge.. a dislike button isnt going to stop them is it?

Please no. It's negative and counter productive to other peoples point of view. I'd rather see two likes and think about the opinion than 20 dislikes and disregard the opinion. It will stifle debate. If you don't agree, then explain and counter argument is what makes this forum better than others in my opinion.

Some forums have dislike/neg/down vote options which then hide a comment that has received 10 dislikes, I do think that it has a use but it is rife for people taking the piss and misusing it. You could limit  it to 1 a day, then you would only  use it in extreme cases, or you could get 10 a week.

Petty arguments are the bane of this site and sometimes it is easier to just  dislike a comment than engage in debate.

On 14/12/2016 at 21:21, Beliall said:

A downvote button would be good, If you get enough of them you might realise you talk shit all the time and try and learn something

I wouldn't rely on it. Look at Dangerous Tiger. He gets told in as many words that he talks shit and still persists.

Archived