Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

ITK?

PLEASE Can people refrain from abusing people that get a little info.

Take it or leave it don't abuse.

Over my yers on here we have had many. None get it all right some are better than others.

No transfer is ever easy other clubs jump in a better option may come up. Nothing is ever cast in stone till the deal is done.

Over the years we have lost many good ITK's because of abuse. Bert is one (hope he don't mind me saying that) like Babylon we never get on. But never would I abuse him for his info or Babs for his views.

I take any info on here as a talking point right or wrong not a reason to abuse anyone.

I really don't understand why people get wound up over someone handing over news. 

Is it jealousy? because it might not be accurate? Well ignore it!

Quite frankly anyone who starts throwing insults at someone who has supplied information just makes them self look silly, no one else. If you think they are wrong, say so.  but to resort to insults? Thats just childish.

20 minutes ago, MPH said:

I really don't understand why people get wound up over someone handing over news. 

Is it jealousy? because it might not be accurate? Well ignore it!

Quite frankly anyone who starts throwing insults at someone who has supplied information just makes them self look silly, no one else. If you think they are wrong, say so.  but to resort to insults? Thats just childish.

perhaps we should have an under 12's forum for a lot on here. Or mark makes this over 18's.

Foxestalk adult content. lollol

Surely you have to question the motives of people who pretend to be ITK when they're not? What are they hoping to achieve? Do they have the best interests of the club at heart? If you had a business and someone was pretending to offer inside information in public wouldn't it concern you?

I know someone who genuinely is 100 percent in the know as he is in regular contact with every premier league club and speaks to people who will know these things. He often has to make certain enquiries about arrangements for certain players who may or may not sign. He is definitely ITK but it doesn't mean things happen. 

This long and boring story hopefully shows:

being itk is is not necessarily glamorous

sometimes knowing something is going on and then it doesn't materialise can make you look like you made it up

agents aside there is usually no smoke without fire 

Source: boring insurance stuff. 

15 minutes ago, Barky said:

Surely you have to question the motives of people who pretend to be ITK when they're not? What are they hoping to achieve? Do they have the best interests of the club at heart? If you had a business and someone was pretending to offer inside information in public wouldn't it concern you?

Maybe they are just fans of the club and try to keep fellow fans informed if anything they know ?

21 minutes ago, Barky said:

But isnt that your opinion that they are 'pretending' to be in the know?

Like kante, for example... he could of told a group of players that he wants to stay then when he gets home his agents calls and says Chelsea are interested. Meanwhile the word, from kantes own mouth two hours earlier is getting passed round that he wants to stay. Next day a private meeting is being held between kante, his agent a, ranieri and the owners with kante saying he is made up his mind wants to leave for chelsea and lopw and beyond Our Susie gets on the blower to tell Top Chelsea are on the phone with an offer. And all this time staff at the club are repeating the words that came from Kante's own mouth less than 24 hrs earlier that he wants to stay and they are not privy to the secret goings on behind ranieri's door.

Can see that this is very different to pretending to be ITK?

Yet some people could have it in their mind that someone is pretending to be  ITK and to them that justifies personal insults to them when in reality it could be more of the situation i have just explained.

With all that in mind, Isnt it just better to ignore someone if you dont believe what they say?

I've seen a lot of gambles on info go very very wrong as a result of leaked information which was correct but taken as too strong an indicator of things happening. This usually happens with transfers but moreso with managerial appointments. My advice is to stay away from those markets regardless of what you think you know. 

31 minutes ago, Barky said:

To be honest if it was my club the jokers that claim who cares. As an owner anyone getting 70% right is a problem. My problem would not be with them at all. I would want to know who the fvck that I trust and pay well is spilling the beans.

If you busted a deal in finance or industry you would be in trouble.

29 minutes ago, FireFox said:

Sean from Enderby is the only ITK that I trust.

Fine and my respect to you. Nailed your colours. But my point is the abuse. Do you abuse or would you anyone for claiming to know. Then being wrong. Not wanting a debate on who is best.

Just saying someone passing something on should not be abused if it's wrong.

48 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Fine and my respect to you. Nailed your colours. But my point is the abuse. Do you abuse or would you anyone for claiming to know. Then being wrong. Not wanting a debate on who is best.

Just saying someone passing something on should not be abused if it's wrong.

Sean is #NeverWrong

But yeah, if other people pass on info, and it proves to be wrong, then no need to abuse them.

6 hours ago, sylofox said:

Over my yers on here we have had many. None get it all right some are better than others.

No transfer is ever easy other clubs jump in a better option may come up. Nothing is ever cast in stone till the deal is done.

Over the years we have lost many good ITK's because of abuse. Bert is one (hope he don't mind me saying that) like Babylon we never get on. But never would I abuse him for his info or Babs for his views.

I take any info on here as a talking point right or wrong not a reason to abuse anyone.

Well said, it's jealously that leads to people attacking providers of information. It also doesn't take long to realise which posters are usually correct and which aren't. Surely people can filter this themselves without casting aspersions?

5 hours ago, RoyFox said:

Well said, it's jealously that leads to people attacking providers of information. It also doesn't take long to realise which posters are usually correct and which aren't. Surely people can filter this themselves without casting aspersions?

Do you know what the biggest thing is that makes people attack them, when they start bull shitting, or needlessly teasing people.

12 hours ago, sylofox said:

We don't get on? 

44 minutes ago, sylofox said:

We don't always see eye to eye.

Yes we do.... ;)

I honestly can't remember, I hold no grudges. If I disagree with someone and get heated on one thing there will be others we agree. Swings and roundabouts. I don't keep a list of it (would we way to long to do that) :D:thumbup:

1 minute ago, Simo86 said:

I get a bit of of info from time to time as my friend knows someone in the club. No point of sharing it on here though cos like the OP says you just get ridiculed. I tell my mates and that's about it

Do a second user name for it gossip. Then if it's wrong you can self abuse lollollol

Do people actually still get excited by transfers and rumours?

It's got to the point where it's boring and the majority of our transfers are either well known long term targets or come out of the blue, no ITK super spy is really needed.

I've been told of 5 or 6 targets incoming and it's only actually materialised 3 times. Sometimes quite a while after as well. It's not an exact science. I too, do not find it exciting. In what I do anyway and the people I deal with we deal with eventualities and 'what ifs' so there is always an aspect of lcfc or other clubs looking at protections they may need which of course may never come to fruition. 

In essence, I'd tend to not be that interested now. Just wait until they sign and then 5 weeks later the club website will confirm it. 

3 hours ago, Babylon said:

Do you know what the biggest thing is that makes people attack them, when they start bull shitting, or needlessly teasing people.

For me John Percy, @ramadaone and @themightyfin are the main ITK's. Occasionally will get lucky from other sources, the rest I take with a massive pinch of salt, until it's consistently proven don't take the bait.

16 hours ago, MPH said:

But isnt that your opinion that they are 'pretending' to be in the know?

Like kante, for example... he could of told a group of players that he wants to stay then when he gets home his agents calls and says Chelsea are interested. Meanwhile the word, from kantes own mouth two hours earlier is getting passed round that he wants to stay. Next day a private meeting is being held between kante, his agent a, ranieri and the owners with kante saying he is made up his mind wants to leave for chelsea and lopw and beyond Our Susie gets on the blower to tell Top Chelsea are on the phone with an offer. And all this time staff at the club are repeating the words that came from Kante's own mouth less than 24 hrs earlier that he wants to stay and they are not privy to the secret goings on behind ranieri's door.

Can see that this is very different to pretending to be ITK?

Yet some people could have it in their mind that someone is pretending to be  ITK and to them that justifies personal insults to them when in reality it could be more of the situation i have just explained.

With all that in mind, Isnt it just better to ignore someone if you dont believe what they say?

When someone has no track record in getting things right whatsoever and have got several things completely wrong I think it's pretty obvious what's going on. Doesn't justify insults of course but they should be called out imo. If youve got a track record fair enough you might get the odd thing wrong, but if you can't point to one single piece of info you've got right then expect to be called out.

Archived