Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DB11

Match Ratings : Leicester City 4-2 Manchester City - Results & Man of the Match

Saturday 10 December 2016, 17:30
Barclays Premier League
King Power Stadium, Leicester

Leicester City 4

Vardy 3, 20, 78, King 5

Manchester City 2
Kolarov 82, Nolito 90

Total Votes: 249

FoxesTalk Man of the Match: Jamie Vardy

1. Jamie Vardy : 9.19
  2. Riyad Mahrez : 8.38
  3. Islam Slimani : 8.22
  4. Daniel Amartey : 7.92
  5. Andy King : 7.80
  6. Christian Fuchs : 7.80
  7. Robert Huth : 7.68
  8. Marc Albrighton : 7.53
  9. Wes Morgan : 7.51
  10. Danny Simpson : 7.50
  11. (SUB) Matty James : 7.01
  12. Ron-Robert Zeiler : 6.92
  13. (SUB) Shinji Okazaki : 6.86
  14. (SUB) Demarai Gray : 6.52

Team Performance: 7.63 (1/22)

Manager Performance: 8.07 (4/22)

Opposition Performance: 5.26 (19/22)

Officials Performance (Ref: Michael Oliver): 6.85 (4/22)

Overall Manager Confidence: 94.33% (+38.72%)

4 minutes ago, FireFox said:

Is that the highest ever boost in manager confidence?

Ridiculous. The question asks whether he should stay or go - and 1/3 changed their minds based on a single performance?! lol

There's a separate question to rate the manager on his performance in each match.

Quite understandable for that to go up and down sharply with match performances, but not the "stay or go" question.

I've given him low marks for particular performances myself, but overall confidence / "stay or go" should be a longer-term decision, surely?

If you thought he should go after Boro, Sunderland or Porto, surely you'd want more than one good performance to restore your faith in him?

I've never yet voted "out" for Ranieri, but would have done so if there had been a few more weeks of crap performances - and still would if the Man City performance proves to be a one-off. 

Hopefully not...hopefully a turning point. COYB!

1 minute ago, Alf Bentley said:

Ridiculous. The question asks whether he should stay or go - and 1/3 changed their minds based on a single performance?! lol

There's a separate question to rate the manager on his performance in each match.

Quite understandable for that to go up and down sharply with match performances, but not the "stay or go" question.

I've given him low marks for particular performances myself, but overall confidence / "stay or go" should be a longer-term decision, surely?

If you thought he should go after Boro, Sunderland or Porto, surely you'd want more than one good performance to restore your faith in him?

I've never yet voted "out" for Ranieri, but would have done so if there had been a few more weeks of crap performances - and still would if the Man City performance proves to be a one-off. 

I was just thinking the same thing.

Utter madness that so many people are that fickle. Watch it plummet if tonight isn't a good performance.

1 hour ago, Alf Bentley said:

Are you new to foxestalk?

We dominate one of the most expensively assembled teams in history - Ranieri's alright, he can stay.

We aren't 3-0 at half time away at a mid table team - Ranieri out, he's clueless, 442 ffs, weres Kapustka, bring peearson back

14 hours ago, Barky said:

Are you new to foxestalk?

We dominate one of the most expensively assembled teams in history - Ranieri's alright, he can stay.

We aren't 3-0 at half time away at a mid table team - Ranieri out, he's clueless, 442 ffs, weres Kapustka, bring peearson back

"New to FoxesTalk"? I think you're Barky up the wrong tree there, you cheeky pup! :D

There are plenty of sane people on here, to be fair, and a lot of football fans everywhere make short-term judgments, but I do find it truly bonkers to change your view of a manager based on a single match.

What ZeGuy says (below) sounds right. If only 55% wanted Claudio to stay before Man City but 94% wanted him to stay after that match, what will his percentage be now? I'm guessing 71% - and 47% if we perform badly at Stoke.

Though I have to say: 3 or 4 more bad performances and I could be switching to "Go" myself....something's definitely wrong with player attitude in recent months (Man City match apart) and tactics are unconvincing.

13 hours ago, ZeGuy said:

Prepare for a massive loss of overall manager confidence after tonight.

44 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

"New to FoxesTalk"? I think you're Barky up the wrong tree there, you cheeky pup! :D

There are plenty of sane people on here, to be fair, and a lot of football fans everywhere make short-term judgments, but I do find it truly bonkers to change your view of a manager based on a single match.

What ZeGuy says (below) sounds right. If only 55% wanted Claudio to stay before Man City but 94% wanted him to stay after that match, what will his percentage be now? I'm guessing 71% - and 47% if we perform badly at Stoke.

Though I have to say: 3 or 4 more bad performances and I could be switching to "Go" myself....something's definitely wrong with player attitude in recent months (Man City match apart) and tactics are unconvincing.

Barky?

I think there's a lot of people who don't get the manager confidence question. I think they think it means "would you keep him?" just based on that one game.

3 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

I think there's a lot of people who don't get the manager confidence question. I think they think it means "would you keep him?" just based on that one game.

Maybe you're right. But that would make the other question rating the manager's performance in that game a bit superfluous.

It would also beg the question why we don't have questions asking whether we should get rid of each of the players based on that single performance. :D

Just now, Alf Bentley said:

Maybe you're right. But that would make the other question rating the manager's performance in that game a bit superfluous.

It would also beg the question why we don't have questions asking whether we should get rid of each of the players based on that single performance. :D

I agree. If that's what it meant, then it would be redundant.

If anyone's reading this who doesn't know already, the "keep/sack the manager" question is about whether you'd keep him based on his overall performance up to this point, and not based on the one game just gone.

I might be missing an in-joke, but in case you didn't know, Alf, it's "barking up the wrong tree."

Only had the BBC text shit to update me but it sounded to me like Bournemouth had all of the ball, scored with one of the few chances they created and then rode their luck in the second half.

Sounds to me like we weren't *that* bad.

Again, I didn't see the game but Slimani gets so much unfair stick. For me, if we're playing Vardy and Slimani then the more offensive midfielder needs to push up when we've got the ball. As much as I love King, he's not up to it.

We'll beat Stoke when we've got a back four that is in it's right positions and Drinkwater and Mendy in midfield.

28 minutes ago, Koke said:

I'm convinced some people on here would give Zieler a rating of 5 even if we won 6-0 and had 81% possesion.

He's responsible for all the wars and suffering in the world since he had to replace Kasper.

23 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Only had the BBC text shit to update me but it sounded to me like Bournemouth had all of the ball, scored with one of the few chances they created and then rode their luck in the second half.

Sounds to me like we weren't *that* bad.

Again, I didn't see the game but Slimani gets so much unfair stick. For me, if we're playing Vardy and Slimani then the more offensive midfielder needs to push up when we've got the ball. As much as I love King, he's not up to it.

We'll beat Stoke when we've got a back four that is in it's right positions and Drinkwater and Mendy in midfield.

Oh we were bad.

Slimani missed a decent chance again just as he did against Manchester City.

We won't win at Stoke. The people talking as if Mendy is somesort of saviour are going to be let down. We have far bigger problems than that.

Archived