Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TheStig

Referees

On 12/19/2016 at 08:37, mozartfox said:

Had there been video evidence in play yesterday, Arsenal may well have won 1-0.  For goal-line decisions, off-sides (after a goal is scored only) plus red card situations the likes of last Saturday, surely it must be brought in?

Aaargh...no no and thrice no!

Can you imagine...every corner, every throw in, every free kick, every offside decision being referred to a video panel. NO!!

And if you think that some kind of 3 appeals system would work, it just wouldn't..

Tennis and cricket are fine, as the action takes place in a fairly small and static space, and most decisions are measurable - but not in our sport.

Please God...no... :o

5 minutes ago, Milo said:

Can you imagine...every corner, every throw in, every free kick, every offside decision being referred to a video panel. NO!!

And if you think that some kind of 3 appeals system would work, it just wouldn't..

Tennis and cricket are fine, as the action takes place in a fairly small and static space, and most decisions are measurable - but not in our sport.

Surely you have to just accept being on the wrong end of a decision sometimes then?

On Saturday, December 17, 2016 at 19:24, Barky said:

They're on about £60k basic but get something like a £2k match fee so end up earning over £100k per year. They're full time but you can't help but wonder what they do all day because some of them don't even seem to know the rules.

And the fans or pundits do..!!!  ??

So long as the home fans excuse their players from everything, so long as the players and managers themselves, try and cheat and trick officials, or worse try hard to get their opponents sent off.

So long as they shout its their corner or throw-in, knowing it damn well isnt...

Far too OTT aggresive players in profi football..

Then any mistakes the refs make, is nothing.!!   Thank god we have blokes like them who are

willing to do it..!!

Non supported by their authorities, who make stupid rules, like  taking your shirt off is a yellow card ,

which Causes the building up of aggressive emotions from the terraces and Forces the ref probably into Issuing unwarranted stupid red cards.

IN Internation    club games having 2 extra linesman goalside, who dnt help him at all..

I am not a ref..but knowing everone  of you have regularly bad days....Today and forever I will fight His corner, and his moral right to be a willy puller who needs desperately to go to specsavers.

3 hours ago, Milo said:

please read my post again. I said offsides following a goal. No mention of throw ins!

So just this, penalties in or outside of the box. On girls red cards would seem a waste of time given the result of the appeal.

I think it all comes down to the available technology with the introduction of video replays.

Perhaps once the technology is available to make a measured, balanced, fair and 100% decision then it will all make sense.

I could not see the system working using the cameras and angles we have available now. 

It needs to be a completely revolutionary system, basically a real-time MRI scan of the game. 

For me the alternative is to empower the ref's completely. 

This would mean no player, manager, fan, journalist, pundit would ever be able to question a referees decision.

There would be no boos, cheers, "The Referee is a Wa***r", player protests, FA appeals, nothing ever. 

This will not happen, so for me, it has to be appealed video decisions during the game.

Its coming, prepare carefully FA.

2 hours ago, Danny Clender said:

I think it all comes down to the available technology with the introduction of video replays.

Perhaps once the technology is available to make a measured, balanced, fair and 100% decision then it will all make sense.

I could not see the system working using the cameras and angles we have available now. 

It needs to be a completely revolutionary system, basically a real-time MRI scan of the game.

I expect that It would only work at the highest level, lower division clubs would not have the budget to have full coverage video for every angle, Whilst I'm generally in favour of video support for the refs I don't want any more wedges driven between the upper and lower echelons of football.

45 minutes ago, norwichfox said:

I expect that It would only work at the highest level, lower division clubs would not have the budget to have full coverage video for every angle, Whilst I'm generally in favour of video support for the refs I don't want any more wedges driven between the upper and lower echelons of football.

Very very true, hadn't considered that.

Bottom line, the officiating is of a very very low standard. 

What makes matters worse however is that the systems that the FA have  in place mean that video evidence will be used in terms of fouls in some instances, but not in others.

You are therefore left with Vardy getting a three game ban with video evidence which clearly shows he has got the ball, (just for balance - maybe a yellow card) whilst Barclay commits an absolute horror of a tackle on Monday - again viewable on TV yet he gets no ban.

The whole set up is a total shambles which, by its use of double standards offers not justice, but totally inequitable outcomes.

If video evidence is to be used at all, it needs to be used across the board on terms of fouls and dangerous play or don't ****ing bother at all.

2 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

Bottom line, the officiating is of a very very low standard. 

What makes matters worse however is that the systems that the FA have  in place mean that video evidence will be used in terms of fouls in some instances, but not in others.

You are therefore left with Vardy getting a three game ban with video evidence which clearly shows he has got the ball, (just for balance - maybe a yellow card) whilst Barclay commits an absolute horror of a tackle on Monday - again viewable on TV yet he gets no ban.

The whole set up is a total shambles which, by its use of double standards offers not justice, but totally inequitable outcomes.

If video evidence is to be used at all, it needs to be used across the board on terms of fouls and dangerous play or don't ****ing bother at all.

And we've had video evidence used against Drinkwater to retrospectively ban him where a referee has missed something, but not to help us with respect to Vardy where a referee has seen something and got it wrong.

So you often hear clubs being fined for 'losing control of their players'.

That might even be what grounds we've been fined on for having so many players fined at the weekend i'm not sure.

Has a referee even been punished on grounds of 'losing control of the game'?

Because that **** on Saturday did.

I highly doubt a referee has been punished or accused of that, The FA wouldn't dare.

It's a billion pound league with the best referee's we've got. The problem is they're just not good enough. 

How do you sort that out ? God knows. They're having trouble getting the numbers because at the grass roots level you risk some Sunday league psycho head butting you for making the wrong decision. At the top level the majority of the press they receive is rightly critical. You've got to be some weird masochistic control freak to actually want to be a referee and that's how most of them come across.

The FA daren't do anything but defend them as there's no great talent pool to replace them with.

On 22/12/2016 at 12:26, jammie82uk said:

Obviously not in this country but This is currently causing a debate over whether it should have been a red or not 

I would say it's a red. Stupid thing to do. Although not dangerous there's intent there and it could have been a lot worse.

I just cannot understand why football in general, and not just in England, has been unable to get this sorted out.  

The yanks seem to have many fewer problems with all their sports, wether it be American football, baseball or basketball.  There seems to be a real desire to ensure that controversy is limited; and oddly enough they seem to have been, for the most part, successful.  

On on the other hand Football throughout the world seems to have multiple controversies in each countries league as a weekly affair.  

It seems to me that there is little will to rock this incompetent (or perhaps corrupt) boat.  

It begs the question:  Why?

They should get 1 slap per 1 bad descions. 

I would expect the level of refereeing to increase by 74%, that's my scientific expectation 

On 22/12/2016 at 12:26, jammie82uk said:

Obviously not in this country but This is currently causing a debate over whether it should have been a red or not 

The only reason that is red is because the twat of a ref wanted to make a name for himself by sending Mario off, useless continental referee' are creeping into our game. The sooner we stamp out idiots like Moss and Powson the better.

Another game against West Ham and once again the story of the game is a dogshit referee.

Even before the absolutely inexplicable decision not to send off Nordveidt he had made innumerable bad decisions, almost exclusively in the Hammers' favour.

Alarmingly we've had worse referees this season but none which so consistently and blatantly favoured one side over the other.

Archived