Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simoncccccc

Team of the Year - Leicester City!

I don't think Joe public would be banging on about us not deserving it, if the team actually looked bothered about winning it. We didn't exactly endear ourselves to the nation tonight I don't think.

3 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

I don't think Joe public would be banging on about us not deserving it, if the team actually looked bothered about winning it. We didn't exactly endear ourselves to the nation tonight I don't think.

Are you trying to tell me Kapustka didn't look delighted?

7 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

You noticed it too then?

We literally didn't look like we gave a shite! lol 

Especially Gray and Schlupp, the former looked like he'd just received a summons in the post, the latter like he had no idea why he was there.

35 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

They would because a) a surprising number of people actually lose their shit over this and b) it's in Olympic year and as we know all the Olympic athletes and sports are clean and proper whilst football is morally bankrupt.

1 hour ago, FrankieADZ said:

im seeing alot of mardy arse gits moaning about LCFC winning it, i dont know if they can truly realise what an under dog story it was, 

they'd rather it went to Team GB and a lark like it usually does every 4 yrs :rolleyes:

maybe they should have voted and all that

Seems to be a few on here moaning about it too...

Guest CityFan 06

An excellent award to achieve for the club, marking what was a really remarkable season. Memories of last season still keep coming back, especially when various montages are shown.

2016 was an excellent sporting year for the nation. A lot of people achieved great feats. 

In terms of the most remarkable,  it was us, absolutely question .  A phenomenal achievement that stunned the world of sport and made headlines around the world.

1 hour ago, foxes21 said:

How anyone can say we didnt deserve this is beyond me. Feminists are out in force on twitter, crying because they think the hockey women's should of won it.

Get out of here we were 5000/1 and played out our skins for 38 weeks to achieve the impossible. That women's hockey team were 6/1 ffs.

Think it's more the anti-football snobs tbf, moaning that go hockey had a far smaller budget than we did, ignoring that compared to who each side was competing with they were on far more of an even financial footing than we were.

9 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Think it's more the anti-football snobs tbf, moaning that go hockey had a far smaller budget than we did, ignoring that compared to who each side was competing with they were on far more of an even financial footing than we were.

This and the envy of the wages. Because they earn very good money some seem to think they're less deserving.

Congrats to all.

I must admit I thought Leicester's goose was cooked with the 0-0 against Hull in March 2015 but from the West Ham game at the start of April 2015 right up until Everton back in May the club was pretty much perfect.

It was tough going for years and its tough going right now but those magical 56-57 weeks will always lift the mood. I know I'm biased but I'd say that it's as good a moment or high that any club will ever experience.

The moaners can take a walk. The lads deserve the award. Well done Leicester City.:scarf::schmike::riyad::wes::ranieri:

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

You noticed it too then?

We literally didn't look like we gave a shite! lol 

Especially Gray and Schlupp, the former looked like he'd just received a summons in the post, the latter like he had no idea why he was there.

Wait, what? 

You mean Schlupp? Jeff Schlupp? Looked like he didn't know where we was? Don't buy it. 

Do not think the Ladies Hockey were rated 5000 to 1 and were a top 8 side building up to the Olympics for which they seemed to be planning for. Leicester won a 38 game league by 10pts after being many  experts tip for relegation. Hard to compare sports but the pressure and competition from rivals is on a different level. Also the award was for team of the season and our team includes dozens of people we have never seen or heard of preparing our squad to better the opposition on matchdays with conditioning sports science the list is endless. Last season was truly magical in perspective Sutton Utd are 2500 to 1 to win the FA cup.

Archived