Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

Russian ambassador to Turkey shot.

A gunman has shot dead Russia's ambassador to Turkey, Andrei Karlov, apparently in protest at Russia's involvement in the Syrian conflict.

Several other people were reportedly also injured in the attack, a day after protests in Turkey over Russia's military intervention in Syria.

According to Russian TV, the ambassador had been attending an exhibition called "Russia as seen by Turks".

Police later "neutralised" the gunman, reports say, without giving details.

Mr Karlov was rushed to hospital, reports said, but his death was later confirmed by the Russian foreign ministry.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-38369962

8 minutes ago, Webbo said:

A gunman has shot dead Russia's ambassador to Turkey, Andrei Karlov, apparently in protest at Russia's involvement in the Syrian conflict.

Several other people were reportedly also injured in the attack, a day after protests in Turkey over Russia's military intervention in Syria.

According to Russian TV, the ambassador had been attending an exhibition called "Russia as seen by Turks".

Police later "neutralised" the gunman, reports say, without giving details.

Mr Karlov was rushed to hospital, reports said, but his death was later confirmed by the Russian foreign ministry.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-38369962

' Put up again thy sword into his place: for all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword. ....... '  Matthew 26:52

13 hours ago, AKCJ said:

Shits about to go down.

13 hours ago, leicsmac said:

Two countries ran by power hungry sociopaths and now an ambassador has gotten shot.

Not sure if this is going to end well.

13 hours ago, m4DD0gg said:

Pretty much how WW1 started, huge amount of tension that built up for months which then kicked off big time with the assassination of someone prominent.

Putin gona go FUBAR on the turkeys.

I think people need to stop getting carried away. Turkey shot down a Russian plane the other month killing hundreds of citizens, if they can smooth that over then a one off terrorist incident isn't going to be a problem.

I'm sure Turkey has ambitions in Syria but they aren't going to attack Russia and Russia isn't going to attack Turkey while it is under the protection of NATO, if they wait a couple of years it probably won't be anyway the way the country and going and I'm starting to think that time can't come quick enough with the way Erdogan is behaving.

2 hours ago, MattP said:

I think people need to stop getting carried away. Turkey shot down a Russian plane the other month killing hundreds of citizens, if they can smooth that over then a one off terrorist incident isn't going to be a problem.

I'm sure Turkey has ambitions in Syria but they aren't going to attack Russia and Russia isn't going to attack Turkey while it is under the protection of NATO, if they wait a couple of years it probably won't be anyway the way the country and going and I'm starting to think that time can't come quick enough with the way Erdogan is behaving.

Admittedly, my memory isn't what it used to be, but I'm pretty sure this didn't actually happen. At all.

I do remember a Russian fighter being shot down, with one casualty during the successful rescue of the air crew.

2 hours ago, MattP said:

Apologies, my head is all over the shop atm.

I assumed you just got muddled between the Turks shooting down a Russian jet and the Russians shooting down MH17. 

You follow enough awful news about death and destruction and it's probably easy to start getting lost in it all.

****ing tragic every which way.

6 hours ago, MattP said:

I wouldn't be so sure.... Now Russia isnt wanting an all out war ( until gas prices are higher to sustain it)  but i also would be extremely surprised if they let is slide with no reprisal when  one of their ambassadors is shot within a a militarily inferior nation... and the fact it was by a policeman will, in their eyes, portion some blame onto the Turkish government.

Archived