Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Lorry drives into Christmas Market - Berlin

7m ago21:03

Kate Connolly 

Kate Connolly

This in from Berlin correspondent Kate Connolly

Police have said the juggernaut which crashed into the Xmas market had Polish number plates and belonged to a Polish delivery company. The company said the truck left Poland this afternoon heading to Berlin and that they lost touch with the driver at 4pm local time. It would appear that the lorry might have been hijacked.

17 minutes ago, buzzer_b said:

One of my best mates and his partner are over in Berlin :o

Kin el, hope they're ok mate.

I can't fvckin believe this has happened again. Just can't get my head around it. Too many innocent people dying and it breaks my heart.

5 minutes ago, StanSP said:

One of my mate's friends are over in Berlin and the market is at the end of the street they're staying in. They didn't go out to the market as they ended up having a long nap :blink:

34 minutes ago, buzzer_b said:

One of my best mates and his partner are over in Berlin :o

British guy was just on the news seems safe and well. Fingers crossed for your friends.

26 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Bastards can't hijack planes, so they take lorries instead.

All in the name of religion I'm guessing.

When will people stop dying over bloody make believe entities?

Disgusting. 

Thoughts to those involved and their families.

Where have you read what the suspects religion is? just wondering. 

Growing indications arrested lorry driver is Pakistani' : Welt

There are "growing indications"  that the arrested lorry driver is Pakistani, Welt reports (in German).

Berlin police have made no public comments on the claim.

2 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

7m ago21:03

Kate Connolly 

Kate Connolly

This in from Berlin correspondent Kate Connolly

Police have said the juggernaut which crashed into the Xmas market had Polish number plates and belonged to a Polish delivery company. The company said the truck left Poland this afternoon heading to Berlin and that they lost touch with the driver at 4pm local time. It would appear that the lorry might have been hijacked.

Latest rumours have it the truck was a rental.

13 minutes ago, Itsthejoeker said:

No offence, but I like to get my facts in check before I play judge, jury, and executioner to an entire religion.

To be fair he didn't even name the religion, even though I'm sure we all thought the same thing as soon as we saw the story. 

It's another sad event, another sad iteration of a pointless 'war' that has left many innocents dead on both sides.

Archived