Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcnsk

Francesco Acerbi

hmmm looks good on highlights reel, but doesn't look like the kinda defenders we have. He wants to be too fancy with his feet and I fear he will pull to many John Stones incidents.

6 hours ago, Finnegan said:

TBH I saw that video and just thought Sol Bamba.

I like a defender to be able to have a broader passing range than Huth but Cruyff turns? Ummmm.

Have to agree. He looks more solid than Bamba IMHO, and his passing range would be a huge asset...but I'd still be concerned if he uses Cruyff turns as often as that video suggests.

However, this is a highlights video, so if a defender does a number of Cruyff turns they are obviously going to get into a video like this. If others have watched how he defends in actual games, I would be interested to hear...

4 hours ago, foxy boxing said:

Is he as good as Benalouane! we don't want to pay a lot of money for players that won't get into the first team!

I think that ship has sailed unfortunately - Benny's never getting into the first team. No idea why though.

Would like to hear from Claudio why he's not being selected.

1 hour ago, CloudFox said:

Have to agree. He looks more solid than Bamba IMHO, and his passing range would be a huge asset...but I'd still be concerned if he uses Cruyff turns as often as that video suggests.

However, this is a highlights video, so if a defender does a number of Cruyff turns they are obviously going to get into a video like this. If others have watched how he defends in actual games, I would be interested to hear...

I watched about 70mins of the good and the bad last night, some serious concerns over losing his man and getting caught flat footed (in a similar way to Hernandez), nippy strikers have scored a lot of goals off his shoulder. Isn't that mobile against fast counters.

But as discussed before, it's extremely hard to accurately assess a defender unless you're at the game and you know the strengths/weaknesses of his fellow defensive team mates, so you can forgive them for leaking goals.

Here's the ugly part. Completely loses his man, ball watching for the first goal (nod to Ndidi who started the counter from an interception for Genk). Second goal loses sight of Bailey and doesn't track him. 

But it he is good going forwards without a doubt, composed and has good height. 

The difference between a "ball playing centre back" and an actually good centre back is that one can use his feet to get out of tight situations when needed and can play the odd decent pass (Alderweireld, Koscielny and Luiz -now he's matured- are the best at that in this league) and the others think they're Maradona and try to do everything with a bit of flair... Cruyff turns, stepovers, passing it along their own 18 yard line...

I think Morgan gets tremendous stick. He's improved his technical skills 10 fold since we signed him and he was absolutely superb at Stoke. Did all the organising, passed the ball about well, took the ball out of defence when needed, booted it clear when needed and lead the defence brilliantly.

Shame for him that he wasn't this good 7 or 8 years ago because he's a superb defender in my book.

3 minutes ago, Babylon said:

28 year old from Italy with an unremarkable career so far going for about €8m... that sounds familiar.

p41321.png

I wonder if we can find a mid twenties Central midfielder from France with an unremarkable career so far for £5.6m

Comments from Reddit Italian league followers

He has been good for Sass. Very tall, big lad, good in the air, quite good on the ball, doesn't stress. I will have it mentioned that he was horrible when he played for us a few years ago, complete deer caught in headlights type thing. So not sure if he would perform in the PL just going on that, he didn't seem to handle the big club thing well, he even said so himself.

He's good

He's clever and he's consistently good. He's not excellent on a regular basis, but he's always good, and tbh that's a very important quality in a defender in my opinion

He's their best player outside of Berardi. Just overall an experienced, consistent defender. Also quite good with the ball for a defender.

Would walk straight into your team imo

Personally I'd go on a full on raid of Genk and get Colley, imposing (6ft 4) fast as anything, links up very well with Ndidi and comfortable on the ground. Also Genk fans didn't take it kindly that I thought he would be a good player for leicester :ph34r:.

Really caught my eye when watching Ndidi in the Europa League. Southampton have been scouting him as a replacement for Van Dijk.

Archived