Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GaelicFox

Christmas Food Disasters

Just now, GaelicFox said:

Just been to collect my Xmas food 

shockingly nothing there for me , it transpires I didn't check out properly when I changed a few things in the order last week :schlupp:

the little Gaelics will be eating porridge tomorrow ! 

Ouch! What you gonna do? 

I once had my (to be in-laws) over from France one Christmas. I slaved in a smallish kitchen with little equipment, and served up my best efforts on a small round table. It had the works, stuffing, yorks puds, roasted veg, mash & roasties, and a decent gravy.

Turns out the worst insult to a French man is to plate everything, and pour gravy on it.

They've not been back for Yuletide since that significant culinary faux pas. 

I went shopping on Thursday. I grumbled all the way to the car after spending £180 . I loaded the car and a nagging feeling came over me that I'd forgotten something. I had , a turkey. So I went back in and blew another £32. 

So you went to click and collect but upon arriving realised you hadn't actually clicked and so had nothing to collect. Then, instead of going into the store you were already at and simply doing the shopping yourself, you drove home and resigned yourself to eating porridge?

1 hour ago, foxfanazer said:

Ouch! What you gonna do? 

Fecking result , the ordered food bill was £190 

I just rushed round and bought the lot and a case of Guinness for £150 

ill never pre-order again ! 

Tiny Gaelic Tim will have a turkey now lol 

Just now, Barky said:

So you went to click and collect but upon arriving realised you hadn't actually clicked and so had nothing to collect. Then, instead of going into the store you were already at and simply doing the shopping yourself, you drove home and resigned yourself to eating porridge?

I was actually convinced the money had been taken already so had to go and check 

I had paid a £30 deposit but will get that back , then I went to Sainsbury's and got it all and some more and actually saved £40 

disaster averted and now I have enough for a bet on St Stephens Day 

result lol  

Few years back when MW2 came out me and me mates were having a sesh on the online mode cos we all got it for Xmas and then an hour or so in one of me mates yells out (headset still on) WHAT?!?!!! NO GRAVY? YER ****IN SLAG....WHO DOESNT DO ANY GRAVY ON XMAS WHAT A ****IN SHAMBLES THIS IS. At his mother. 

silence for the next 10 minutes. Pretty harsh

58 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

I could be adding a few bits to this tomorrow, cooking for 5 people and making/ made my own stuffing, red cabbage, gravy, starter and a pork pie to go with cheese and Port in the evening.

What could possibly go wrong?

Sounds fantastic .. love cheese and port , figs a must 

Just now, SystonFox said:

Few years back when MW2 came out me and me mates were having a sesh on the online mode cos we all got it for Xmas and then an hour or so in one of me mates yells out (headset still on) WHAT?!?!!! NO GRAVY? YER ****IN SLAG....WHO DOESNT DO ANY GRAVY ON XMAS WHAT A ****IN SHAMBLES THIS IS. At his mother. 

lollollol 

Mind you  if I shouted that at my old dear she would have fetched her gun and shot my knee caps out lol 

Guest seanfox778
Just now, SystonFox said:

No gravy on a Christmas dinner?! She got off lightly in my opinion. 

Archived