Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

George Michael - Dead

Found the man himself a bit irritating and his exploits made him look a bit of a twat, making him the subject of many a joke.

But he was a fantastic song writer and undoubtably one of the most gifted and successful recording artist this country has produced. 53 is no age either.

RIP

Very sad. Not the biggest fan but he had some good songs and can't be denied he had a profound influence on our pop culture for about 30 years. Even better he knew how to send himself up - his cameo as himself in Extras was just perfect and still makes me laugh.

How ironic to write a famous song called Last Christmas and then die on Christmas Day??

This is looks like it's either drugs or suicide.

8 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

No. Gay man dies so we speculate cancer.

Mate come on, you could speculate about 1 million different diseases that could kill someone. Are you really trying to justify that post?

I doubt very much it was malicious but if it was a straight guy would he have said it?

5 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Mate come on, you could speculate about 1 million different diseases that could kill someone. Are you really trying to justify that post?

I doubt very much it was malicious but if it was a straight guy would he have said it?

Isn't it known fact that gay men are at much greater risk of getting aids though? Must admit to not being particularly clued up but that's the impression I've always been under. In which case I don't really see anything wrong with wondering if he died of aids.

Cue all the "2016 has been shit" posts and "I'm not saying that David Bowie was holding the universe together but .... gestures broadly at everything" cvnt nuggets out there.

RIP Georgey boy.

one minute it's last Christmas, the next it's WHAM Boxing Day and your gone. Never gonna dance again. Guilty feet have got no rhythm

4 minutes ago, Barky said:

Isn't it known fact that gay men are at much greater risk of getting aids though? Must admit to not being particularly clued up but that's the impression I've always been under. In which case I don't really see anything wrong with wondering if he died of aids.

I'm not here to slate people and go on some political correctness rant but if you don't understand something google it and most certainly don't stereotype people.

1 minute ago, Costock_Fox said:

I'm not here to slate people and go on some political correctness rant but if you don't understand something google it and most certainly don't stereotype people.

Ok well I just googled it and the first result is a website which describes it as a "gay disease"

http://www.hivplusmag.com/opinion/guest-voices/2014/02/19/listen-hiv-still-gay-disease

Further down the list a doctor says 24% of gay men in San Francisco have aids

http://www.thebody.com/h/why-is-hiv-called-a-gay-disease.html/

The more I look into this the more reasonable the question appears. 

7 minutes ago, Barky said:

Ok well I just googled it and the first result is a website which describes it as a "gay disease"

http://www.hivplusmag.com/opinion/guest-voices/2014/02/19/listen-hiv-still-gay-disease

Further down the list a doctor says 24% of gay men in San Francisco have aids

http://www.thebody.com/h/why-is-hiv-called-a-gay-disease.html/

The more I look into this the more reasonable the question appears. 

But both of the links you have posted are about HIV?

2 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

But both of the links you have posted are about HIV?

Yeah, seems that way.

I'm still none the wiser as to why it's wrong to wonder whether a gay man might have died of aids, but maybe this isn't the thread for a drawn out discussion

3 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

Gay man dies so let's assume he had AIDS. ****ing hell man lol!

You idiot..

I went searching online to find out what had happened and  one website said there were unconfirmed reports saying he had aids. 

And for your information, he was bisexual, not gay. 

He was also promiscuous- which lead to the speculation about aids. And prompted my question on here

you do know men who sleep with women can get aids too don't you? 

7 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

Gay man dies so let's assume he had AIDS. ****ing hell man lol!

But it seems he did die of HIV/AIDS ,

And its well known he was suffering for years !

His greatest Shame was he could have put this aweful disease back in the spot light and helped raise millions and millions for research !

http://www.smobserved.com/story/2016/12/25/news/singer-george-michael-succumbs-to-hivaids-at-53-at-home-in-england/2421.html

Archived