Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Rincewind

Homeless man's possessions soaked by Debenhams Security Guard

10 hours ago, Swan Lesta said:

I've worked extensively with Homeless individuals over the course of my career. It's sad for me reading attitudes like the ones above.

Prior to becoming homeless many people describe their lives as you and I would do now. Something happens: An affair, a change in mental health, berievement, a business deal going sour, betrayal a mad night out resulting in a criminal conviction etc... and before they knew it they had used up the good will of friends or were to embarrassed at their situation and went off grid......

People should be slower to judge because you never know what next year may bring you.

Good man, there's some right self entitled twats on here sometimes. 

11 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

The story wasnt quite as dark. BUT they did not deny the employees attitude or response. Typical of an opinion propogated by the media and swallowed by the easily led public

The only thing propagated by the media was the actual story, which you've said yourself wasn't as dark as was propagated by the non MSM . The normal press isn't trying to push an opinion here but a pressure group.

13 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

The story wasnt quite as dark. BUT they did not deny the employees attitude or response. Typical of an opinion propogated by the media and swallowed by the easily led public

I wonder if they are both telling the truth, his things did get wet by accident whilst asleep. When he was woken, he was taunted by a **** of a security guard and naturally assumed it had been done purposely.

atleast Debenhams have done the right thing and replaced his things.

8 minutes ago, Strokes said:

I wonder if they are both telling the truth, his things did get wet by accident whilst asleep. When he was woken, he was taunted by a **** of a security guard and naturally assumed it had been done purposely.

atleast Debenhams have done the right thing and replaced his things.

This sounds about right to me. 

12 hours ago, Swan Lesta said:

I've worked extensively with Homeless individuals over the course of my career. It's sad for me reading attitudes like the ones above.

Prior to becoming homeless many people describe their lives as you and I would do now. Something happens: An affair, a change in mental health, berievement, a business deal going sour, betrayal a mad night out resulting in a criminal conviction etc... and before they knew it they had used up the good will of friends or were to embarrassed at their situation and went off grid......

People should be slower to judge because you never know what next year may bring you.

So according to Debenhams it was an unfortunate accident. So someone isn't telling the truth, either him or Debenhams???

Working with homeless people you will be aware then that my point is correct. The point that they are contacted weekly and offered assistance in many ways. 

You will also therefore know that some flatly refuse assistance, won't engage and whatever help people like you offer them they cannot be helped. 

So so I reiterate, if you get people like that I would prefer not to engage with them myself and would not trust them. 

I think Soulsby quoted that in Leicester that they can't deal with about 30% of the homeless people in any way as they refuse help.

Its all good and moral being nice to everyone and seeing good etc, but some people can't be helped and I took the original post about the guy being soaked on purpose with a pinch of salt as there is a good chance he has made another poor decision when having a conversation of sorts with the security staff. 

1 minute ago, Rob1742 said:

So according to Debenhams it was an unfortunate accident. So someone isn't telling the truth, either him or Debenhams???

Working with homeless people you will be aware then that my point is correct. The point that they are contacted weekly and offered assistance in many ways. 

You will also therefore know that some flatly refuse assistance, won't engage and whatever help people like you offer them they cannot be helped. 

So so I reiterate, if you get people like that I would prefer not to engage with them myself and would not trust them. 

I think Soulsby quoted that in Leicester that they can't deal with about 30% of the homeless people in any way as they refuse help.

Its all good and moral being nice to everyone and seeing good etc, but some people can't be helped and I took the original post about the guy being soaked on purpose with a pinch of salt as there is a good chance he has made another poor decision when having a conversation of sorts with the security staff. 

Yeah. You still don't get it.

1 hour ago, Rob1742 said:

there is a good chance he has made another poor decision when having a conversation of sorts with the security staff. 

Really?

Why not just say what you think, that the homeless guy was an arse and got in the face of the security guard when being asked to move on?

Cos, obviously, you were there.

13 hours ago, Swan Lesta said:

Bah Nick, I wont be homeless next year, I'd put my mortgage on it. 

42 minutes ago, Parafox said:

Really?

Why not just say what you think, that the homeless guy was an arse and got in the face of the security guard when being asked to move on?

Cos, obviously, you were there.

I did say what I thought. Pretty simple to see my view.

14 hours ago, Swan Lesta said:

Why have you quoted me? lol I am being slow to judge because I want some actual evidence it's happened otherwise I'd just be judging the security guard. You've literally supported what I've said by telling me that 

3 hours ago, DB11 said:

Why have you quoted me? lol I am being slow to judge because I want some actual evidence it's happened otherwise I'd just be judging the security guard. You've literally supported what I've said by telling me that 

Perhaps it was making the presupposition regarding 'sympathy donations' and questioning the integrity of the complainant suggesting he was making the story up that demonstrated a prejudice toward the demographic? Just a thought.

I wonder if the bloke would have his possessions replaced if it was not for social media or groups bringing it to the public's attention? Would the mainstream media had reported it? You may not like these groups but they provide a voice for those not in a position to speak for themselves and counteract the misconceptions about those less unfortunate than ourselves.

16 minutes ago, Rincewind said:

I wonder if the bloke would have his possessions replaced if it was not for social media or groups bringing it to the public's attention? Would the mainstream media had reported it? You may not like these groups but they provide a voice for those not in a position to speak for themselves and counteract the misconceptions about those less unfortunate than ourselves.

What I don't like Ken, is the amount of support they get before any actual facts are presented. The alleged perpetrator is often already been found guilty and motive determined, long before any evidence shows up.

5 hours ago, Rincewind said:

That was not me. Sometimes the dog is the persons only friend and is treated well. Unfortunately not all overnight shelters will or are unable to provide for them.

Think most of us know who it was. Will be too spineless  to confront his off the scale hypocrisy  as usual though I'd imagine.

the incident in question was nothing to do with over night shelters it makes this particular issue look like a school ground spat. He was basically mugged.

35 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Think most of us know who it was. Will be too spineless  to confront his off the scale hypocrisy  as usual though I'd imagine.

the incident in question was nothing to do with over night shelters it makes this particular issue look like a school ground spat. He was basically mugged.

Who was it....Alan Sheehan??

Archived