Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Matty James - loan possibilities?

Hull and Swansea are interested in taking Matty James on loan in January but Leicester are reluctant to allow the midfielder a move to a Premier League rival.

Claudio Ranieri is considering using James over the next month as the club strive to pull clear of the relegation battle and enter the FA Cup, but is aware that after 19 months out the 25-year-old needs regular action.

The club are open to sanctioning a temporary departure in January but are understood to currently be ruling out the prospect of providing his services to other top-flight teams threatened by the drop.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4070778/Hull-Swansea-interested-loan-Leicester-s-Matty-James.html#ixzz4U8oYU9V4 
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I've got a feeling he'll go Newcastle. Be suicidal to send him to another premier league club. Needs to go somewhere with a feel good factor to help him out a bit confidence boost. People with pull faces but Derby would be another to consider there doing well would slot in there nicely, Villa another one though alot of work to be done there.

Guest CityFan 06

I think a loan move may do him good, to get that regular game time, match speed and fitness back. I'd be surprised if we loaned him out to any PL team to be honest. 

I have wondered about James a few times, with the midfield options we've got. I'm unsure where he's going to get game time. However, he's certainly a decent option to have. He's the type of player who would flourish elsewhere if played regularly. 

14 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Loan him to either Hull or Swansea and we are absolutely in denial about their situation we're in.

What is it that you (and it's not just you Dan - most people above are saying similar things) think will happen if he went to Swansea or Hull that wouldn't end with me thinking 'why let him go out on loan in the first place'?

33 minutes ago, turtmcfly said:

What is it that you (and it's not just you Dan - most people above are saying similar things) think will happen if he went to Swansea or Hull that wouldn't end with me thinking 'why let him go out on loan in the first place'?

It's strengthening a rival. If Swansea or Hull see fit to sign a player who they believe will improve their results and we are letting them have him then it's just helping out a rival. He might be more use to one of those two than us.

It's the same reason I don't think we've got a chance of signing Sigurdsson.

4 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

I've got a feeling he'll go Newcastle. Be suicidal to send him to another premier league club. Needs to go somewhere with a feel good factor to help him out a bit confidence boost. People with pull faces but Derby would be another to consider there doing well would slot in there nicely, Villa another one though alot of work to be done there.

He needs games! He wouldn't get in the 11.

3 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

It's strengthening a rival. If Swansea or Hull see fit to sign a player who they believe will improve their results and we are letting them have him then it's just helping out a rival. He might be more use to one of those two than us.

It's the same reason I don't think we've got a chance of signing Sigurdsson.

Agree totally that he should not be loaned to a rival who we could well be in a relegation battle with.

But it also begs the question that whilst we are currently struggling in the centre midfield area he is not seen as ready to start or play games for us, then why would he be ready and able to play games for Swansea or Hull?

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

Don't loan him out Claudio, play him! If he's fit, he's a better player than Kingy! 

2 years ago now since we have seen him at his best. I would like to see how he does out on loan first, even if only couple of months. Seems like we are after another CM anyway, so with Mendy, Drinky, N'diddi, King and Amartey to come back, not sure James would get any games here anyway. Will get lot more playing time in the Championship and we can recall him once match fit and if he is showing signs of being back to his best, then great news for us. 

Archived